Cabin splitting - C and A D+ benefits...

10 minutes ago, watcher_62 said:

My wife and I are D+, and we each booked a cabin to share with friends who are D.  Will both cabins receive full D+ C and A amenities?

Are the occupants listed on the manifest of each cabin on a separate booking number? I believe that the system needs to see two separate cruises - one for you and whomever you are sharing a cabin with, and a completely different one for your wife and whomever she is sharing a cabin with.

Edited by orville99

12 minutes ago, watcher_62 said:

My wife and I are D+, and we each booked a cabin to share with friends who are D.  Will both cabins receive full D+ C and A amenities?

Only for you and your wife. 

• Like 1

The true answer is “no” as the gifts (wine etc)  are one set per household. Other benefits are per person for the D+ passenger.  (Drinks, photo, BOGO etc)

BUT, we’ve had separate cabins several times  and are about  50/50 for a set of C&A gifts (wine etc)  in both cabins.  

Enjoy. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, watcher_62 said:

The only D+ benefit that the other couple will gain in the increased balcony discount of the extra $25 off the stateroom. (if you are not in a balcony u gain nothing).  You will get D+ benefits and they will get their D benefits.

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

The true answer is “no” as the gifts (wine etc)  are one set per household. Other benefits are per person for the D+ passenger.  (Drinks, photo, BOGO etc)

BUT, we’ve had separate cabins several times  and are about  50/50 for a set of C&A gifts (wine etc)  in both cabins.  

Enjoy. 

m

Thanks - it's the gifts I'm curious about.  The wine and water that is gifted in the beginning of the cruise.  As I'm in one cabin and my wife is in the other, I'm hoping both of us will get the welcome aboard gifts... 

48 minutes ago, watcher_62 said:

Thanks - it's the gifts I'm curious about.  The wine and water that is gifted in the beginning of the cruise.  As I'm in one cabin and my wife is in the other, I'm hoping both of us will get the welcome aboard gifts... 

You will.

54 minutes ago, watcher_62 said:

6 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

You will.

You might not. We are about 50/50 in the situation. If we get them for both cabins, we consider ourselves lucky. If not, no reason to complain as it is really one set of gifts per household. 
m

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

You might not. We are about 50/50 in the situation. If we get them for both cabins, we consider ourselves lucky. If not, no reason to complain as it is really one set of gifts per household. 
m

42 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

As mentioned above, that is far from certain.

Our experience: We have shared our Diamond balcony discount 4 times with our travel companions. On each of those occasions, we have received the welcome gifts in both staterooms. We are only Diamond and as such, we don't qualify for wine so maybe that makes a difference.

5 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

We are only Diamond and as such, we don't qualify for wine so maybe that makes a difference.

Right, the gifts you get as a D are not the amenity most folks are discussing here.