MDR Attire in Alaska

Garycruz

46 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

We won’t start our first Alaskan cruise until September.  Are the dining rooms sufficiently warm?  Or the rest of the ships interior, for that matter.  I will have a flannel shirt, but would I be comfortable in a polo shirt?

An orange and blue polo with a gator logo would be very comfortable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The only deck that might experience a chill is the Promenade if people are opening the doors constantly to get outside. I don’t recall Decks 5 or 6 (where all the MDRs are) being any different than any other itinerary. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BamaVol said:

We won’t start our first Alaskan cruise until September.  Are the dining rooms sufficiently warm?  Or the rest of the ships interior, for that matter.  I will have a flannel shirt, but would I be comfortable in a polo shirt?

I wear short sleeve shirts for casual dinners and have never been uncomfortable indoors

Edited by memoak
  • Like 1

Be ready to layer, a nice cardigan, or a full t-shirt under the flannel. It COULD be polo shirt only weather..... or not.

19 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

An orange and blue polo with a gator logo would be very comfortable.

Not anyplace outside the greater Gainesville area 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, memoak said:

I wear short sleeve shirts for casual dinners and have never been uncomfortable indoors

Ditto. Doesn’t matter the itinerary, I am a Tommy Bahama (or equivalent) shirt guy on Smart Casual nights and have never been uncomfortable. 

• Like 4

On the Caribbean Princess, formal night #2, western Caribbean cruise from Houston Bayport, back in 2014, there was a guy at our shared table in camouflage outfit, short pants, army boots, and didn't take off his also camouflaged hat for dinner, Further more, he ordered 4x the lobster successively.
Restaurant stuff let him in, but asked us at the table if it was ok.

It was a remarkable evening. 😄

Edited by EDVM96
  • Haha 1

On 5/20/2023 at 7:53 PM, EDVM96 said:

On the Caribbean Princess, formal night #2, western Caribbean cruise from Houston Bayport, back in 2014, there was a guy at our shared table in camouflage outfit, short pants, army boots, and didn't take off his also camouflaged hat for dinner, Further more, he ordered 4x the lobster successively.
Restaurant stuff let him in, but asked us at the table if it was ok.

It was a remarkable evening. 😄

It sound like a fun evening. 

1 hour ago, 555 said:

Some fun formal evenings in my experience:  guy in denim overalls and a flannel shirt, handsome man in full kilt regalia (sans bagpipes), lady in muumuu and flip flops.  If the dining staff let you in, you can wear pretty much whatever you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Kay S said:

If the dining staff let you in, you can wear pretty much whatever you want.

It's been like that for a while now and what ever you want to call it, is OK by me. Dress if you like, or go casual & have a relaxing meal. 

Well we had one night recently where my husband forgot he was wearing sweatpants when we arrived at the MDR and were seated without issue. LOL (He was so embarrassed when he realized it, but we got a chuckle out of it anyways haha) 

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

I think they mean something more along these lines:

Florida Gators Men's Royal Blue Polo

I see the confusion.  Apparently some high school team misappropriated the colors from my favorite Fort Lauderdale area brewery. 

IMG_3201.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 555 said:

It was, because others at the table were wearing classic formal.
But it was ok for everyone to let this guy pass the formal attire. 😄

I see the confusion.  Apparently some high school team misappropriated the colors from my favorite Fort Lauderdale area brewery. 

IMG_3201.jpeg

They only let the JV team pick the orange. And I'll take a Hop Gun.