Do all parties need the RC app?

Technically, no one "needs" the app at all. We like using the app and we both have it, but if you are talking about for check in purposes, you only need 1 per reservation, and you don't even need 1, you can print your setsail pass.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, alaskaboy2 said:

We're cruising in a month and can't seem to find the answer to this question:  Do both myself and my wife need the Royal Caribbean app on our phones or just me?

Not really, as mentioned above, but unless you have a reason to both NOT download it, might as well.

18 minutes ago, alaskaboy2 said:

We're cruising in a month and can't seem to find the answer to this question:  Do both myself and my wife need the Royal Caribbean app on our phones or just me?

You both  need it to use the messenger. I like my own to see the menu. If you 2 stick like glue to each other, 1 is enough. 

1 minute ago, alaskaboy2 said:

If we're paying for internet for two devices, this would be a reason for both of us to have the app?

The app doesnt need wifi to work. 

Independent. Just can use wifi as normal at home. Still have to hook to ships wifi and sign in.

1 minute ago, alaskaboy2 said:

If we're paying for internet for two devices, this would be a reason for both of us to have the app?

The app certainly makes that easier, but I think technically you can just go to a URL (like login.net or something) and log in that way.

Just now, firefly333 said:

The app doesnt need wifi to work. 

Independent. Just can use wifi as normal at home. Still have to hook to ships wifi and sign in.

Semantics, but you meant that the app doesn't need an internet package to work

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

I thought you had to watch the video and check it off as completed.

An entire family can watch it together on one device and you can even have your entire party checked in from one device.

For example, when my extended family of 8 (3 families, 3 cabins) goes to check in at muster, I will scroll through all 8 of our set sail passes as we are linked so I have them all on my phone. It speeds things along.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

How do you complete e-muster without the app?

So glad you posted this!  I plan on cruising in December with my mom who has a flip phone, but also an iPad.  I’ll have her load it on there, to make muster easier 🙂

Since the paper Cruise Compass is quickly becoming extinct having the app for both of you means you can each see the daily planner, dining menus, charges to your account and many other things.  However you will find a QR code for the online Cruise Compass in your cabin. 

49 minutes ago, alaskaboy2 said:

If everyone has it, it makes it much easier when trying to look up things to do.  If only one of you have the app, the other would have to either borrow the other's phone, try to find a paper copy of the compass, or look for a screen that has everything listed.  We both have it just for convenience.

Edited by JessyCruises

It depends on what you're using it for.  If both of you plan to use the internet, then it might be useful for both of you to have the app on your phone.  In most cases, including the E-Muster, you won't both need to have the app on your phone.  One of you might want to have it just to make the reservations and read the activities schedule, but other than that, no.

It might be useful to have both of you download the app as well if you plan on doing separate activities and want to keep in touch.  You can use the chat feature in the app for this.

Edited by broadwaybaby123

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Just go to the muster station. 

There's nothing you need the app for, though having it can make things easier.

Yep, for sure.  It's more of a convenience and luxury than a necessity.  If I wasn't so hung up on both of those (convenience and luxury), I wouldn't download the app at all.  In fact, I uninstall it as soon as I get off the ship and don't upload it unless I want to use it for some reason or the other, like the safety video, muster, check-in, and set sail pass.  I usually like to just throw my phone in the cabin safe until needed/wanted.  But, I guess I'll be using it more now with the text/messaging system.  

40 minutes ago, shellunderwater said:

I know at one time the app didnt work on Android tablets.  Is that still the case?

I've used my Android tablets on many cruises and never had a problem.