3 day sale

greener

The 3 Day Sale this year runs from June 8-10, we usually receive a notification a few weeks ahead from our TA with the Agency. We've usually booked 2 or 3 trips every year with the sale and will do so again this year.  The value has gone way down in recent years, the base pricing is rarely much better than booking directly with Princess, but they still do throw in some useful perqs such as increased OBC. The days of REALLY good prices, free drink packages etc are long gone, since even before the pandemic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

The 3 Day Sale this year runs from June 8-10, we usually receive a notification a few weeks ahead from our TA with the Agency. We've usually booked 2 or 3 trips every year with the sale and will do so again this year.  The value has gone way down in recent years, the base pricing is rarely much better than booking directly with Princess, but they still do throw in some useful perqs such as increased OBC. The days of REALLY good prices, free drink packages etc are long gone, since even before the pandemic.

Good to know .. thanks!  

Don't know if it is what the OP had in mind, but I received an email today claiming to have special pricing on Princess Cruises good for just a few days, and the email mentioned "free gratuities and drink packages" so it sounded like Plus was being added in for free.  When I went to the site I saw some cruises that claimed to have special pricing, and the "Cheapest" fare was listed, with no mention of a free upgrade to Plus.  But there was also a button to click on to show the "Plus" and "Premier" prices.  I clicked on Plus and a new price showed up (same as I could get on the Princess website) and all of a sudden a whole bunch of bullet points showed up, including one that said that I was getting "free gratuities, wifi and drinks package."  So in order to qualify for all those "freebies", I had to purchase Plus.  😆🤣 

Again, not sure if this is what the OP was hearing about, but the email I received today led me down a path of big, fat nothing!

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

2 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

all of a sudden a whole bunch of bullet points showed up, including one that said that I was getting "free gratuities, wifi and drinks package."  So in order to qualify for all those "freebies", I had to purchase Plus. 

It's marketing and it works!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

It's marketing and it works!

Maybe for the unsuspecting. Didn't work for JimmyVWine. Wouldn't work for me or any other reasonably educated consumer. 

Edited by luv2kroooz
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Don't know if it is what the OP had in mind, but I received an email today claiming to have special pricing on Princess Cruises good for just a few days, and the email mentioned "free gratuities and drink packages" so it sounded like Plus was being added in for free.  When I went to the site I saw some cruises that claimed to have special pricing, and the "Cheapest" fare was listed, with no mention of a free upgrade to Plus.  But there was also a button to click on to show the "Plus" and "Premier" prices.  I clicked on Plus and a new price showed up (same as I could get on the Princess website) and all of a sudden a whole bunch of bullet points showed up, including one that said that I was getting "free gratuities, wifi and drinks package."  So in order to qualify for all those "freebies", I had to purchase Plus.  😆🤣 

Again, not sure if this is what the OP was hearing about, but the email I received today led me down a path of big, fat nothing!

20 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

4 minutes ago, luv2kroooz said:

Maybe for the unsuspecting. Didn't work for JimmyVWine. Wouldn't work for me or any other reasonably educated consumer. 

more than a few posters have posted that their TA's 'gifted' them the PLUS package ... yeah, right

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Google is your friend in these instances.

I'm not familiar with this sale/TA, so I googled it.  A youtube video came up that was posted a few days ago discussing this 3-day sale.  I skimmed through it and noticed 23 mins+/- into the video they discuss Standard, Plus & Premier packages.  The Plus & Premier Packages are showing up as an additional $65 or $90 pp/day! Aren't the current prices $60 or $80 pp/day? Is it a marketing shell game for this particular TA?  A typo?  Do you think Princess is getting ready for another price increase?  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TN-Mountains said:

I'm not familiar with this sale/TA, so I googled it.  A youtube video came up that was posted a few days ago discussing this 3-day sale.  I skimmed through it and noticed 23 mins+/- into the video they discuss Standard, Plus & Premier packages.  The Plus & Premier Packages are showing up as an additional $65 or $90 pp/day! Aren't the current prices $60 or $80 pp/day? Is it a marketing shell game for this particular TA?  A typo?  Do you think Princess is getting ready for another price increase?  

Was it from outside USA (wouldn't be Canada as our exchange rate is much worse than that).

9 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

But there was also a button to click on to show the "Plus" and "Premier" prices.  I clicked on Plus and a new price showed up (same as I could get on the Princess website) and all of a sudden a whole bunch of bullet points showed up, including one that said that I was getting "free gratuities, wifi and drinks package."  So in order to qualify for all those "freebies", I had to purchase Plus.  😆🤣 

Don't blame the TAs. 

It is basically Princess marketing that says free gratuities, etc. are included with certain pricing.

And, of course, the "certain pricing" means purchasing Plus or Premier.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, caribill said:

That is the way it shows up in the personalizer

It also shows ‘a gift from Princess cruises’ on many items when booked through Princess.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I do not know if they are a big agency or not, but we received a great deal from our phone/internet provider. It was pretty specific in that the deal is only good for Alaska and an interior cabin. Must be sailing this year though as well. Funny enough we already had booked an interior cabin for an Alaska cruise through princess for September 2023. We checked and saved about $800 on the cruise fare by booking through that provider instead of Princess. We were lucky that we were still before final payment, so we could cancel the booking through princess and get a full refund. The cruise fare for a 14 night Alaska cruise through Princess was $875 pp and the deal through our provider for the same 14 nights ended up being $420 pp.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ebw24 said:

I do not know if they are a big agency or not, but we received a great deal from our phone/internet provider. It was pretty specific in that the deal is only good for Alaska and an interior cabin. Must be sailing this year though as well. Funny enough we already had booked an interior cabin for an Alaska cruise through princess for September 2023. We checked and saved about $800 on the cruise fare by booking through that provider instead of Princess. We were lucky that we were still before final payment, so we could cancel the booking through princess and get a full refund. The cruise fare for a 14 night Alaska cruise through Princess was $875 pp and the deal through our provider for the same 14 nights ended up being $420 pp.

Is it leaving or returning from or to Seattle or san fran ?

The 14 nights is actually two 7 nights B2B, first 7 nights is Vancouver to Whittier, second 7 nights is Whittier back to Vancouver, so we will be round trip from Vancouver.