50% Off Beverage Packages

RichYak

Anyone onboard right now able to check what they are currently charging for the drink packages? Since it now says "$149 on board", I'm curious to know if the prices are actually being changed on the ships or just online for those attempting to take advantage of their "sale"

• Like 3

The original intent of the sale was to only apply to sailings BOOKED 5/24/23 - 5/30/23, sailing 6/5/23 through 5/27/24. That said, some of us were able to see the sale prices in our cruise planner and took advantage of it. it worked for me on excursions and dining. I could not do the beverage package online, and like most of us who called, got turned down by Celebrity, and i did talk to a supervisor. They explained my cruise didn't qualify, as it was booked last year, but sailing in 2 months. As typical when these errors occur, some jump early, and others don't., but they always correct the issue at some point.

Here is the newest sale scam from Celebrity, a Memorial Day Flash sale on cruise fares.  So, because I have nothing else to do, I compared this to our B2B Edge cruises in January and our Sky Suite on the Jan 25th Great Barrier Reef is $2500pp more than we are currently booked. I see that they raised the price on cabins before the added in the new Flash Sale just like the drink's sale. I can't reprice the Jan 13th NZ cruise as they are sold out of Sky Suites on that one.

image.png.7f5ef9d2aa5f484a24b2e293831c75fa.png

2 minutes ago, highway180 said:

The original intent of the sale was to only apply to sailings BOOKED 5/24/23 - 5/30/23, sailing 6/5/23 through 5/27/24. That said, some of us were able to see the sale prices in our cruise planner and took advantage of it. it worked for me on excursions and dining. I could not do the beverage package online, and like most of us who called, got turned down by Celebrity, and i did talk to a supervisor. They explained my cruise didn't qualify, as it was booked last year, but sailing in 2 months. As typical when these errors occur, some jump early, and others don't., but they always correct the issue at some point.

I'm kicking myself for not jumping on it yesterday but the sale was advertised for 6 days so I didn't think they would be cranking the prices up not even 24 hrs later lol I set sail a week today so my sailing is most definitely eligible

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jamieben said:

I'm kicking myself for not jumping on it yesterday but the sale was advertised for 6 days so I didn't think they would be cranking the prices up not even 24 hrs later lol I set sail a week today so my sailing is most definitely eligible

the reps told me it was meant for new bookings only, booked this week. It was broadcast to anyone with cruises sailing after June 5th for some reason. They even denied I could see the pricing myself??

Oh well, life goes on.

14 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Here is the newest sale scam from Celebrity, a Memorial Day Flash sale on cruise fares.  So, because I have nothing else to do, I compared this to our B2B Edge cruises in January and our Sky Suite on the Jan 25th Great Barrier Reef is $2500pp more than we are currently booked. I see that they raised the price on cabins before the added in the new Flash Sale just like the drink's sale. I can't reprice the Jan 13th NZ cruise as they are sold out of Sky Suites on that one.

image.png.7f5ef9d2aa5f484a24b2e293831c75fa.png

Yes

I noticed a big increase on pricing myself...no real deals there.

56 minutes ago, highway180 said:

the reps told me it was meant for new bookings only, booked this week. It was broadcast to anyone with cruises sailing after June 5th for some reason. They even denied I could see the pricing myself??

Oh well, life goes on.

I think there are 2 separate Memorial Day Flash sales going on.  1 is a sale on new cruise bookings, the other is a sale on cruise planner items - this one is includes prior bookings but I think only for sailings in 2023.

• Like 1

Clearly I'm a glutton for punishment and decided to call X again. The CC line is telling me that the base package is still 109pp/day and quoting me 91pp/day with the 15% elite discount. When I ask them why the base price is showing as 149 and the discounted rate is 73.99, they're telling me they can't even see that price on their end and that I should just book it online on my own without their assistance...lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

@jamieben said:  The CC line is telling me that the base package is still 109pp/day and quoting me 91pp/day with the 15% elite discount. When I ask them why the base price is showing as 149 and the discounted rate is 73.99, they're telling me they can't even see that price on their end and that I should just book it online on my own without their assistance...lol

Enter IT, Customer Service, Captain's Club Rep...

Blind Men Leading The Way GIF - Blind Men Leading The Way Fall GIFs

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
My Quote Button Was Stuck
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

@jamieben said:  The CC line is telling me that the base package is still 109pp/day and quoting me 91pp/day with the 15% elite discount. When I ask them why the base price is showing as 149 and the discounted rate is 73.99, they're telling me they can't even see that price on their end and that I should just book it online on my own without their assistance...lol

Enter IT, Customer Service, Captain's Club Rep...

Blind Men Leading The Way GIF - Blind Men Leading The Way Fall GIFs

LOL! I am now expecting a call back from a supervisor tomorrow. I sent her both of the screenshots so the saga will continue tomorrow 😛

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jamieben said:

LOL! I am now expecting a call back from a supervisor tomorrow. I sent her both of the screenshots so the saga will continue tomorrow 😛

Please also send them the gif in Georgia_Peaches's email.

• Haha 3

On 5/24/2023 at 11:27 AM, shellunderwater said:

I wouldn't cancel first.  So if its sold out, yeah, I wouldn't.  I don't know if calling would help.  Not experienced with booking excursions really.  If you have a travel agent for the booking, let them work on it.

There it is, the edge of my limited knowledge.  Its cold and lonely out here on this cliff looking over the abyss.

Yeah, I need a cruise, badly.

Typically, a travel agent doesn't book excursions.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 11:31 AM, terrydtx said:

I just went through all of our booked cruises and saved almost $900 is shore excursions by canceling and rebooking them all.

For our March 3, 2025 Millenium cruise there is no anything (all excursions we booked have the same price now even with the majority of them stating that the price is currently promotional; I don't bother $2 saving per day ($18 instead of $20) upgrade from Classic to Premium being worth to consider).

On 5/24/2023 at 12:15 PM, PH2 said:

Looks like excursion prices have gone up because I got better deals last fall than anything they are discounting now.

same with us even though we booked our cruise just 1.5 months ago.

23 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

Also, worth checking your cruise price. I was able to save $200pp on a cruise I had booked for next September. I had been watching it since I booked it in February, and this is the first time the price had gone down (other than when they removed the $200 OBC and the price went down by the same amount). Had to give up the bonus $50 OBC (and an equal amounted from my TA due to the price decrease) but worth it to save $400. I suspect the $50 will come back for Memorial Day, but didn't want to take a chance on the price going back up. Could have saved another $100pp by switching to a guarantee, but I like my cabin.

The second cruise I had booked also went dow from the recent price, but not to less than the price I had it for (which had gone down two days after I booked, but I was still on the ship and had not assigned it to a TA, so I had the Next Cruise person who booked it reprice it).

The same; however, all of a sudden, there is no more a potential price reduction - my entire March 3, Millenium 2025 cruise is sold out since 3 weeks ago (almost 2 years ahead of time) except inside and ocean view!

7 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Ruth, I think you were essentially saying this: the markup on Aqua over a regular veranda cabin is large enough that it is cheaper (or the same cost) to purchase a regular veranda and pay for your dinners at a specialty restaurant every night?  That logic is usually what prevents me from trying Aqua for the first time.

Aqua also includes unlimited access to the Thermal Suites that typically cost $30 per day plus $18% gratuity (perhaps, this price also went up lately).  We use the sauna/steam room and other multi-salt/infra rooms every day (multiple times at sea days); so, lately we always book Aqua.

14 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

Aqua also includes unlimited access to the Thermal Suites that typically cost $30 per day plus $18% gratuity (perhaps, this price also went up lately).  We use the sauna/steam room and other multi-salt/infra rooms every day (multiple times at sea days); so, lately we always book Aqua.

I left the spa access out of the equation because it is not for everybody.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jamieben said:

Ok a little update!

After being on the phone for an hour, they are now claiming this is an IT issue that is suddenly causing the prices to be higher. They have escalated the situation and it will hopefully be resolved. Not sure how much I believe this but I will keep an eye out over the next few days...

So 8 hrs later.... Takes longer than that long to reduce to yesterday's pricing? Hmmm.... Seen prices of cabins change multiple times in one day.

Edited by coaster

6 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Prices are back down to yesterday prices for the drink packages 

Taken a couple minutes ago in CAD 

IMG_5622.thumb.png.5d2d36d53a17502d04734da953aa529c.png

Nope. US dollars and higher price compared to yesterday.

19 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Sorry , I opened up the email from Celebrity , and I assumed it was in CAD, since I book in CAD , 🤔😁

No problem. Just trying to keep those looking for a price correction that the call reps are promising informed here.

Edited by coaster
  • Like 1