50% Off Beverage Packages

RichYak

10 hours ago, bigAWL said:

Should I be wary of canceling an excursion in order to rebook for a discount, if it is currently sold out?

Yes, I would be careful.  Earlier this month I booked an overnight shorex for $1,508 total for two.  The shorex has since sold out. 

When the flash sale occurred today, the shorex was showing a significantly reduced sale price ($354 cheaper than what I paid for two people) even though it was still showing as "Sold Out".  

After some thought, I decided that the savings were worth the risk of losing the booking.  So I went online tonight and cancelled it.  It took about 10-15 looong minutes before the Cruise Planner updated itself to show two spots available (I almost gave up looking as I thought I had lost it to a wait lister).  Anyway, I went ahead and quickly rebooked it.  Whew!

image.png.baae5662fb5f4c998435c9a20240a497.png.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 5

38 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Ok this is crazy. I just logged in again, and the prices for the alc packages jumped to $74/day Premium and $64/day Classic. Seems like X has just manipulated the base price for this.

Huge increase 

two screen shots today, pricing in CAD 

IMG_5616.thumb.jpeg.2041d12b1f6ea1e3cb3af962973580cb.jpeg

IMG_5606.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, AndyCapn said:

It does say June 5, but I am sailing on the Summit on June 4 and I am seeing those Flash Sale prices in my cruise planner.

We are sailing on the Equinox June 4th and I have the flash sale prices, I rebooked 2 shore excursions and saved about $125

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Ok this is crazy. I just logged in again, and the prices for the alc packages jumped to $74/day Premium and $64/day Classic. Seems like X has just manipulated the base price for this.

I just logged in and I am seeing the same, but earlier today they were a lot less, also on my upcoming cruises the 30% off for spa services from earlier today is totally gone. The shore excursions prices are the same as earlier.

What Celebrity gives; Celebrity just as quickly takes away.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, bigAWL said:

Should I be wary of canceling an excursion in order to rebook for a discount, if it is currently sold out?

I did just this. OBC refunded instantly, but excursion was still showing sold out. I checked again couple of hours later and there was a banner stating “last 2 places available”! I rebooked and saved myself $130 😊

• Like 2

Not impressed!  

This may have sealed the deal for the future of my relationship with this cruise line.

I just attempted to reserve my 3-night speciality dining package before Celebrity decides to alter their 30% off Flash-in-the-pan sale pricing only to be told....

We’re stuffed! Reservations are currently not available.

2 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Not impressed!  

This may have sealed the deal for the future of my relationship with this cruise line.

I just attempted to reserve my 3-night speciality dining package before Celebrity decides to alter their 30% off Flash-in-the-pan sale pricing only to be told....

We’re stuffed! Reservations are currently not available.

Same thing for us. Tried to take advantage of 33%off first night in Murano but once again, they’re stuffed. 

2 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Same thing for us. Tried to take advantage of 33%off first night in Murano but once again, they’re stuffed. 

Their loss.  Now I will be extra stubborn, eat in the main dining room every night, and not spend an extra penny on board.  MSC Yacht Club here I come.

• Like 2

I am seeing excursions very underpriced and overpriced.  Their IT department strikes again...

I had an excursion that was 179 repriced to 79 and then 35% off.

Then you have the 100 dollar excursion where the price was raised to 2400.

Edited by NMTraveller

15 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

So how do the refunds work?  It seems like some of it is OBC.  What if you charge the replacement to another credit card?

It should go back to the original method of payment. If you paid with OBC, it goes back into the bucket that you have to spend. If you used a credit card, the refund goes back to the same card. The new purchase gets charged whatever card you tell it to use.

Just now, MisterBill99 said:

It should go back to the original method of payment. If you paid with OBC, it goes back into the bucket that you have to spend. If you used a credit card, the refund goes back to the same card. The new purchase gets charged whatever card you tell it to use.

Thanks.  That would explain it.  Some of it was OBC and some CC.

17 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

So how do the refunds work?  It seems like some of it is OBC.  What if you charge the replacement to another credit card?

The refunds are directed back to the original form of payment (OBC, the credit card you used, etc). 

You can certainly use a different form of payment for the replacement like a different credit card. Of course, if you cancel it later, the refund goes back to that card. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NMTraveller said:

I will sell my reservations for half of that price. 🙂 🙂 

I only paid around $100 per person.

Wouldn't that be nice. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I am seeing excursions very underpriced and overpriced.  Their IT department strikes again...

Be sure to book the underpriced ones. Of course, knowing Celebrity, they'll probably come back and tell you that it was a mistake and cancel it.

1 minute ago, MisterBill99 said:

Be sure to book the underpriced ones. Of course, knowing Celebrity, they'll probably come back and tell you that it was a mistake and cancel it.

And what of the $2421 pp shorex? Will Celebrity "honor" that price? Perhaps the buyer would deserve it. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

It is more than frustrating it is infuriating, especially for AQ bookings.  I love AQ but can't book it cruise only. Of course the same goes for suites. Relatives just booked to join us on a cruise in AQ and to upgrade they are going to be paying almost half of what it would cost them to buy a package with this sale if in another class of cabin. Don't know why Celebrity is penalizing AQ passengers this way. As Zenith we are already having to pay for perks we earned but that's a gripe for another day.

Well, that's no different from how it was when pretty much everything was Always Included, right? But you bring up an interesting point (which I guess is off-topic here), which is that it makes AQ pricing look artificially high I checked a cruise I have booked for next year. I have it booked with nothing included, but if I were to do All Included, the verandah price would be very similar to an Aqua cabin. Tempting to do, so I can eat in Blu again.

Update, I was wrong, no rear-facing available.

Edited by MisterBill99