50% Off Beverage Packages

RichYak

2 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

I'm not sure I'd believe that either, even stores on land raise prices before offering 'discounts'. 

Celebrity has been guilty for some time of raising cruise fare prices just before they offer the "Best Deal of the Year" sales.

• Like 1

Just now, Lena11033 said:

I'm not sure I'd believe that either, even stores on land raise prices before offering 'discounts'. 

I know. Originally they were going to give me the difference in price from yesterday to today in onboard credit to allow me to book at essentially yesterday's price, minus the change in gratuities from the 53.99/pp to 73.99/pp which was about $72. But then the agent came back and said they suddenly couldn't do that because it's an IT issue. Which makes zero sense because whether it's an IT issue or not I would be paying yesterday's price lol. Anyways I will keep checking and if it goes back down I will purchase it but if not they aren't getting my money at the current rate!

On 5/24/2023 at 8:36 AM, RichYak said:

I was just in my Cruise Planner and beverage packages are 50% off for a Memorial Day sale. Many other sales as well.

drink packages.JPG

Thank you for posting this screenshot! I sent it to X while talking to them on the phone to prove the prices that we saw yesterday

• Like 2

7 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

I book a veranda and add specialty restaurants every night (Blu is good but not that good).  Saves quite a bit.  And the specialty chefs will frequently make off-menu surprises after a few visits.

Ruth, I think you were essentially saying this: the markup on Aqua over a regular veranda cabin is large enough that it is cheaper (or the same cost) to purchase a regular veranda and pay for your dinners at a specialty restaurant every night?  That logic is usually what prevents me from trying Aqua for the first time.

7 minutes ago, jamieben said:

But then the agent came back and said they suddenly couldn't do that because it's an IT issue.

Poor IT.  They are a punching bag from both sides--Celebrity and their customers!

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mahdnc said:

Poor IT.  They are a punching bag from both Celebrity and their customers!

How would you like to work for Celebrity's IT department and continually getting thrown under the bus?  LOL😡

• Haha 3

Just now, terrydtx said:

How would you like to work for Celebrity's IT department and continually getting thrown under the bus?  LOL😡

I hope their health care coverage includes therapy.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Easy to rack up $2400 in Thailand with a few bottles of champagne and caviar. A bottle of DP, Krug or Cristal usually sells for $700-900 in restaurants.

Woohoo!  I can't wait for lunch...

3700 without flash sale...

Edited by NMTraveller

44 minutes ago, jamieben said:

Ok a little update!

After being on the phone for an hour, they are now claiming this is an IT issue that is suddenly causing the prices to be higher. They have escalated the situation and it will hopefully be resolved. Not sure how much I believe this but I will keep an eye out over the next few days...

My best guess is that they will have it fixed in about this much time:

Screenshot 2023-05-25 095146.jpg

• Haha 5

Called to get wifi and Elite 30 percent discount. The math isn't working. They gave me  a $12 discount off the total which should be a $75 discount when I do the math. Calling back and will wait again.

1 hour ago, jamieben said:

Ok a little update!

After being on the phone for an hour, they are now claiming this is an IT issue that is suddenly causing the prices to be higher. They have escalated the situation and it will hopefully be resolved. Not sure how much I believe this but I will keep an eye out over the next few days...

Haha...good on you for holding them to account on your behalf and others.  If this is in fact, an IT issue, I would expect them to extend their flash sale by the length of time it took to resolve the "issue".

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

1 minute ago, Jubileelady said:

My dining package is £100 cheaper now I was told can’t cancel and rebook at the new price? Has anyone managed this?

People have been commenting throughout this thread about how they canceled one thing to rebook at the lesser price.  So it can be done.  Not sure if your country of residence makes a difference.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jubileelady said:

My dining package is £100 cheaper now I was told can’t cancel and rebook at the new price? Has anyone managed this?

Yes, by doing it online, I never waste my time calling Celebrity as their CS agents are so incompetent. Yesterday I canceled online, every non sold out shore excursions for 4 cruises and rebooked, saving over $1000. Also canceled one 3 night specialty dining package and rebooked saving $80pp.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

I book a veranda and add specialty restaurants every night (Blu is good but not that good).  Saves quite a bit.  And the specialty chefs will frequently make off-menu surprises after a few visits.

That's our plan going forward. 

24 minutes ago, Jubileelady said:

Here in the USA we can go online to our Cruise Planner, click on our Order History, and then select the specific purchased item you want to cancel.  

21 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Yes, by doing it online, I never waste my time calling Celebrity as their CS agents are so incompetent. Yesterday I canceled online, every non sold out shore excursions for 4 cruises and rebooked, saving over $1000. Also canceled one 3 night specialty dining package and rebooked saving $80pp.

Yes it gets a little tricky at times. We are traveling with family, and we decided as a group to roll the dice and cancel our excursions and rebook at the lower price. My daughters family had no issues, but when I went to rebook i had difficulty finding my last excursion, and when i did, it showed sold out. I waited for a few minutes, and luckily was finally able to book it. Needless to say  it was a bit stressful not being able to book it right away.

Just want to report that after catching up on this thread this morning, I went back to the site and look.  The drink package price went up just like other people posted.   It still says 50% but the original price went up so 50% off also went up.    Zero proof package remains the same at only 5% off for Pre Cruise Sales not Flash Sales.   I would totally get the Zero proof if it is also 50% off!   Come on IT dept... make that mistake and accidentally make it 50% off.. I know you can do it!

12 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Adding another datapoint, was able to cancel a SOLD OUT tour and rebook it 15mins later at the lower price

depending on bad you want that shorex, it can be a bit nerve-wracking waiting for space to become available again.

• Thanks 1