What does this big (1 foot diameter) sticker on a passenger cabin door mean?

fstuff1

image.thumb.jpeg.40ba16a06309cfef2d6e5ff15fe9d313.jpeg

I got off the elevator and looking down the hallway, I saw a ship officer put this on the door.

Unfortunately, i was going in the other direction and didn't think to turn around to ask him.

(I came back later and took this pic.)

Anyone know what it means?

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 1

Well, for one, I find this interesting and will follow because I’d like to know what it mean too.  I’ve taken at least a dozen NCL cruises over many years and have never seen that….. keep us posted! 

• Like 2

It can mean anything. Once we cruised on NCL and happened to mention to our cabin steward that it is our country’s independence day the next day. We talked about it very briefly only. 

Lo and behold - the next day after we came back from breakfast our door was decorated with a print of our country’s flag and inside there was a ”happy independence day” card with some cookies etc and fresh flowers. We were super impressed as we most definitely had not asked for anything. It was a nice gesture from our cabin steward. 

Edited by European_CruiseGirl
  • Like 3

For the visually impaired passengers ?? to help them find their stateroom ... since door decorations are disallowed, apparently, officially banned onboard NCL ships.  

Edited by mking8288

11 hours ago, mking8288 said:

For the visually impaired passengers ?? to help them find their stateroom ... since door decorations are disallowed, apparently, officially banned onboard NCL ships.  

I know door decorations are “banned”.  But, every cruise I’ve taken, on any cruise line, always seems to have some cabins with door decorations.  If crew are putting up door declarations, they must not be enforcing it.  Just an observation!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, mking8288 said:

I have seen door decorations on EVERY NCL cruise I have been on (about 20 so far) up to and including 4 since the return to sailing.