OLife moves to "all in"

WESTEAST

3 hours ago, no1talks said:

That's the month my wife and I will be trying Oceania for the first time. Are you, perchance, referring to the December 4th cruise on Sirena, out of Miami?

We've been repeat MSC Yacht Club cruisers, but we felt we should try some other premium-and-higher cruises. 

“Other premium?” No matter how it’s packaged, “ship within a ship” is still a mass market wannabe.

• Like 2

Meh.  Looks like they are replacing Olife with a newer version of Olife.  Looks like we will be sticking with cruise only.  Main difference seems to be new version includes air.  We shall see if you can still take the credit and what the prices are but don't think this will really affect us. 

1 hour ago, basenji56 said:

How can you advertise an ultra-premium plan without Dom Perignon?  Everything else is just swill.

That’s what Dom would have you believe. None of their stuff has ever impressed me as justifying the outrageous pricing. I’ll stick with NorCal sparklers like Scharffenberger and Roederer.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Woofa said:

Meh.  Looks like they are replacing Olife with a newer version of Olife.  Looks like we will be sticking with cruise only.  Main difference seems to be new version includes air.  We shall see if you can still take the credit and what the prices are but don't think this will really affect us. 

The old version includes air  so no difference there

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Woofa said:

There will no longer be cruise only - the only choice will be do you want air or no air...that is it.  Take O' air or receive a credit for air....simple

32 minutes ago, mwj said:

thank goodness for cruise only fares ...

There will no longer be cruise only fares - the choice when you book an O cruise will be do you want their air or a credit for the air ....that is it

35 minutes ago, basor said:

One big difference is you receive a shore excursion credit to use on any shore excursion instead of having to pick from one or two "included" or pay more for one you want...

A not-so-better difference. A credit (which you’ve paid for in the “new” O Life type fare, as opposed to a base value that could be doubled by picking the right allowable tours in the old O Life will just be a “wash” like the old SBC. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, basor said:

There will no longer be cruise only fares - the choice when you book an O cruise will be do you want their air or a credit for the air ....that is it

If that is really the case, I can’t say that it’s making my socks go up and down. Maybe they’re hoping to make money from people like us who normally only do happy hour and none of their excursions. Must confess we have been known to eat the lobster. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, basor said:

Since I've never booked with Oceania before, I don't have a history to compare what is now on offer and what used-to-be.  Currently, it seems I can book a cabin, choose whether to take the air fare option (if I say 'no thanks', the total fare is reduced 1,500 CAD per person) and am then given the option to choose one of 1. 400USD per person OBC, or 2. four shore excursions per person, or 3. basic drinks package.

We aren't alcohol drinkers and would prefer to take the OBC option if Oceania offers a non-alcohol (water, coffe, tea, soft drinks) package we could purchase onboard.  Is this possible?

17 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

“Other premium?” No matter how it’s packaged, “ship within a ship” is still a mass market wannabe.

Given the copious occurrences of not-quite-right food, beverage, port time, and service, which are mentioned by participants on this board, Oceania fans would do well to remove the plank from their cruise line's "eye" before remarking on the mote in the so-called wannabes'.

Happy cruising.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Since I've never booked with Oceania before, I don't have a history to compare what is now on offer and what used-to-be.  Currently, it seems I can book a cabin, choose whether to take the air fare option (if I say 'no thanks', the total fare is reduced 1,500 CAD per person) and am then given the option to choose one of 1. 400USD per person OBC, or 2. four shore excursions per person, or 3. basic drinks package.

We aren't alcohol drinkers and would prefer to take the OBC option if Oceania offers a non-alcohol (water, coffe, tea, soft drinks) package we could purchase onboard.  Is this possible?

If you do not drink  or even  some drinks  then  just do the cruise only fare

The OBC is built into the fare  

You are basically paying for the OBC yourself  & it is non refundable if you do not use it all

The non alcoholic beverages  are included   no package required 

except for the new Lyre Cocktails they have a fee

JMO

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

That is the current OLife program but that option will end on 01JUL and then your choice will be air or no air and the cruise will include everything listed on Simply More    All non-alcoholic drinks are included with O so no package to purchase

Edited by basor

25 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

A not-so-better difference. A credit (which you’ve paid for in the “new” O Life type fare, as opposed to a base value that could be doubled by picking the right allowable tours in the old O Life will just be a “wash” like the old SBC. 

Exactly my thought.

With the current model, you can take cruise only and book private tours, or take oLife excursions, pay $400 pp and pick 4 excursions that cost $200 each, so gain $400 pp.

With the new model, assuming the $400 pp excursion model is priced into the new pricing, you are forced to take at least few O excursions, but you don't have any added value.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

If you get in before ...July1?, there is a no-OBC, no-Drinks, no-Excursion, no-Air option called "cruise only"  (which does give coffee, tea, softdrinks)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, basor said:

Well, I am a glass is half full kind of person and we like the O product.  When we start seeing numbers we will have a better idea how this affects us. For now, keeping our fingers crossed O does not price us out by increasing fares to much.  We will see in a few weeks.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

There is no additional charge for non-alcoholic drinks. As for taking the OBC option, you pay $400 to get $400. 

7 minutes ago, grifdoglover said:

I thought this was being announced in July but effective October? Whatever it is they should email all booked passengers.  

It being announced and taking effect on 01JUL23 for new bookings on all sailings departing on or after 01OCT 23....The emails will go out after 01JUL 23 to those booked on sailings departing after 01OCT 23 with the option of keeping what you have booked or changing to Simply More with what ever price difference there might be.