When does HAL send upgrade offers

skidroe

Just now, erdufylla said:

So here’s a hypothetical question: If you book a lower category stateroom and add on Club Orange, and then later accept an upsell to a category that includes Club Orange benefits, do they credit you for the CO add-on that you’ve presumably already paid for? Or do you just have to suck it up and eat that cost?

They debit the upgrade by the amount of the Club Orange cost.  I specifically asked the question before I upgraded to a Neptune Suite because the purchase was tied to the response.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We are sailing on Koningsdam this Saturday--my sister got an upgrade offer a week ago for a verandah but when she called to get more details, opted not to because of the price.  She had second thoughts over the weekend, called to book it and was told there was a waiting list so joined that. Today, she received an email offer for a price that was 1/3 of the cost of a week ago and took it!  We booked directly with HAL so there was no TA involved,  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bookmomoftwins said:

We are sailing on Koningsdam this Saturday--my sister got an upgrade offer a week ago for a verandah but when she called to get more details, opted not to because of the price.  She had second thoughts over the weekend, called to book it and was told there was a waiting list so joined that. Today, she received an email offer for a price that was 1/3 of the cost of a week ago and took it!  We booked directly with HAL so there was no TA involved,  

Have a sailing in September an looking to upgrade, so a couple of follow up questions - 

Was the first offer she received an email offer or did she get a call for that one?  Also, was did she  originally have a room assigned or was it a Guarantee cabin?

10 hours ago, bookmomoftwins said:

So much for being on a "waitlist".  HAL's follow through on such things is obviously not the best. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rodndonna said:

Have a sailing in September an looking to upgrade, so a couple of follow up questions - 

Was the first offer she received an email offer or did she get a call for that one?  Also, was did she  originally have a room assigned or was it a Guarantee cabin?

She received an email and had to call and respond.  She had a specific room assigned, an outside view, and received upgrade offers for a balcony cabin and also a Neptune Suite.

Good luck!  Hope you have similar luck with an upgrade!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bookmomoftwins said:

She received an email and had to call and respond.  She had a specific room assigned, an outside view, and received upgrade offers for a balcony cabin and also a Neptune Suite.

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, bookmomoftwins said:

Congratulations!  Thank you for posting specifics.  It is helpful to others.

• Like 1

We received an email yesterday with upgrade offer from inside to veranda.

Price for upgrade is $40 pp per day.

Europe cruise is 35 days long and we are 5 weeks from sailing.

Should I go for it or wait for a better deal ?

7 minutes ago, wilson44 said:

Have you looked at how much inventory is available? There are sites out there that do show all available cabins in each category. I can't link them here because it breaks CC rules. If you are on the HAL site, they just show a limited number in each category but this should give you a reasonably good idea of how well the ship is selling. It's better than guessing blindly.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wilson44 said:

What level verandah?  VH or VA makes a huge difference.  If it is a higher level verandah and you can pick your cabin, I would go for it!

43 minutes ago, wilson44 said:

What is a verandah priced at compared to the upgrade cost? Is it more or less than the $1400 + whatever you've already paid? Not asking you to tell us - just questions you want to ask yourself to help you determine if the $49pp/day is a good value to you.

35 days seems like a long time w/no window.

• Like 2

I phoned quite a few times over the past few weeks and finally got an upsell at a reasonable price yesterday .
prior to getting it the offers i got were outrageous full price and then some for an upgrade but Yesterday got a supervisor of sorts and she did it .Yes I have to move but its on same deck same side and balcny ….I.m happy dancing !!😍🥰😘

• Like 5

• 11 months later...
On 6/7/2023 at 11:37 PM, Avery's Gram said:

Mine came yesterday, offering an up sell for $149 x 2 (solo traveler) for inside to ocean view.  Sailing is Saturday.  I ignored it….

Barbara M. In NH

Same here.  I got emailed today for a cruise six weeks out.  I'll wait.

"Upgrade for select bookings from your Interior Stateroom
to the following best available:
Vista Suite for an additional $799pp USD/$1060pp Canadian
Verandah Stateroom for an additional $449pp USD/$595pp Canadian
Family Oceanview for an additional $199pp USD/$264pp Canadian
Oceanview for an additional $149pp USD/$198pp Canadian

53 minutes ago, BigTeee said:

Same here.  I got emailed today for a cruise six weeks out.  I'll wait.

"Upgrade for select bookings from your Interior Stateroom
to the following best available:
Vista Suite for an additional $799pp USD/$1060pp Canadian
Verandah Stateroom for an additional $449pp USD/$595pp Canadian
Family Oceanview for an additional $199pp USD/$264pp Canadian
Oceanview for an additional $149pp USD/$198pp Canadian

It really makes a difference how long your cruise is: 7 days or ???