Coffee makers in Suites

mexicobob

First time planning a cruise on Norwegian. Probably next February.
Are coffee makers available in suites on The Breakaway? 

Greatly appreciate info from recent cruisers. 

Thank you.

17 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Balcony cabins and above have coffee makers available but since the pandemic, you need to request them from your room steward,

No. The Nespresso machines are in all suites. No need to request it. 

17 minutes ago, BBQ Bacon said:

Considering flight attendants suggest you never use the coffee maker in a hotel room because of cleanliness, how clean are the coffee makers that are in your room?

I clean the one we get in our balcony cabin myself, and run it once with just water before I make coffee. Seems clean enough for me to survive the week.

• Like 2

Appreciate all of the replies and information. Would probably prefer a regular coffee maker instead of a Nespresso machine but sure we can make do. Might even learn to prefer it.

1 hour ago, BBQ Bacon said:

how clean are the coffee makers that are in your room?

How clean is anything in your room, really? Can you ever know for certain? At least the coffeemakers have near boiling water running through them.

46 minutes ago, mexicobob said:

Appreciate all of the replies and information. Would probably prefer a regular coffee maker instead of a Nespresso machine but sure we can make do. Might even learn to prefer it.

The regular coffee machines give better coffee imo.  If staying in an inside, would they give you a coffee machine if you asked?

6 hours ago, BBQ Bacon said:

Considering flight attendants suggest you never use the coffee maker in a hotel room because of cleanliness, how clean are the coffee makers that are in your room?

The cleanliness of the coffee machine depends on the skill and effort of the butler.  The butler, not the room steward, is in charge of the coffee machine in the suites.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2023 at 10:35 PM, debenson0723 said:

Balcony cabins and above have coffee makers available but since the pandemic, you need to request them from your room steward,

Not for suites.

14 hours ago, BBQ Bacon said:

Clean enough to pass sanitation inspections. I think the flight attendant was talking about coffee makers on planes. 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Clean enough to pass sanitation inspections. I think the flight attendant was talking about coffee makers on planes. 

Hotel kettle and coffee machines, one of the examples was guests boiling undies in the kettles 😂

Edited by ziggyuk

55 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

No place to put the undies in the single serve coffee makers.

Your right, also no room in the reservoir with their dentures soaking in there overnight 😂

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

No place to put the undies in the single serve coffee makers.

Someone is going to find a way!

After reading this thread, I think I will avoid in-room coffee makers both on land and at sea.  Will never be able to look at one again without wondering whether or not they have ever contained undies.  Shudders.

• Haha 5

Never had an issue with the Nespresso machines in the Haven Cabins.  They use the "small" capsules that the Butler replenishes daily.  I ran some water through a couple of them for tea, and they always were clean with no coffee residue.  For machine coffee, it's quite good.

The "other" suites like Club Balcony "Suites" always had the generic coffee "pod".  That coffee was barely drinkable, but better than the urn coffee in the Buffet.  So, that should tell you all you need to know about "non-Haven" suite coffee, either in the cabin or the "stuff" they serve in the MDRs and/or Buffet.

In the Haven restaurant, they serve French Press coffee that is brought to the table fresh.

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

In the Haven restaurant, they serve French Press coffee that is brought to the table fresh.

The morning French Press is so, so nice. I asked what the coffee was and they said they use Starbucks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, graphicguy said:

The "other" suites like Club Balcony "Suites" always had the generic coffee "pod".  That coffee was barely drinkable, but better than the urn coffee in the Buffet.  So, that should tell you all you need to know about "non-Haven" suite coffee, either in the cabin or the "stuff" they serve in the MDRs and/or Buffet.

We're in a standard balcony and was going to request a coffee-maker.  Our coffee needs to take strong and bold. (I grind beans each am and French press. )

How bad is the coffee from the standard makers? And do they bring half-and-half pods? 

If it's bad, what is our best option, the Starbucks package? 

Edited to add:  Ship Breakaway

Edited by LGinPA

13 minutes ago, LGinPA said:

We're in a standard balcony and was going to request a coffee-maker.  Our coffee needs to take strong and bold. (I grind beans each am and French press. )

How bad is the coffee from the standard makers? And do they bring half-and-half pods? 

If it's bad, what is our best option, the Starbucks package? 

Edited to add:  Ship Breakaway

Standard setup. Hamilton Beach single

serve. No room for undies in filter compartment. 

IMG_6020.jpeg.cd4ff9118e41c81f7f4b023e68afc681.jpeg

IMG_6021.jpeg

• Like 1

if this helps any, when we book a suite it's usually the 2 bedroom, as my really good friend  travels with my wife and i. she only drinks de-caf, my wife likes regular coffee, and for purposes in the morning, i prefer tea.  on the very first meeting with the butler, i request every morning he bring in a pot  of decaf, a pot of regular coffee  a pot of hot water for tea. i also ask him to bring some croissants. muffins and sweet rolls.  you can have it all, all from the comfort of your cabin.

• Like 1