Eclipse- LA sailings

kruzerci

Has anybody taken note of the prices in the Eclipse sailings out of LA? We have a couple booked with unbelievable pricing. They must be having a very hard time selling these sailings. We have two weeks booked at less than $500 pp per week in a standard balcony. 

Hoping the experience doesn’t match the price!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

Has anybody taken note of the prices in the Eclipse sailings out of LA? We have a couple booked with unbelievable pricing. They must be having a very hard time selling these sailings. We have two weeks booked at less than $500 pp per week in a standard balcony. 

Hoping the experience doesn’t match the price!

Is that LA to Mexico?

If so there are a lot of ships making that route.

Also that trip is a big appeal to Families with Kids and they want water slides and rock-climbing walls that X does not have.

19 minutes ago, D. B. said:

Is that LA to Mexico?

If so there are a lot of ships making that route.

Also that trip is a big appeal to Families with Kids and they want water slides and rock-climbing walls that X does not have.

Seems most lines are having trouble filling the LA sailings. Royal and Carnival also have rock bottom pricing. 

• Like 1

I don’t find it that cheap. A 7 night sailing in October worked out to $3,660 as seen below. If we do the math $3,660/7 times 12 you get $6,274 for a 12 night equivalent. This is pretty close to what a lot of 12 night sailings are going for. I forgot to mention these rates are AI. 

IMG_1315.thumb.png.19b0813d19b3dcbc6080f6b5c4e0ba25.png

Edited by Kelownadon

2 hours ago, Kelownadon said:

I don’t find it that cheap. A 7 night sailing in October worked out to $3,660 as seen below. If we do the math $3,660/7 times 12 you get $6,274 for a 12 night equivalent. This is pretty close to what a lot of 12 night sailings are going for. I forgot to mention these rates are AI. 

As stated, these are six day cruises between the last week in October and the first week of December. It’s part of the Exciting Deals. The price is about $620 p.p. including tips, but not AI.

The good part is, if you want AI it’s only $1149 p.p. more.

2 hours ago, Kelownadon said:

IMG_1315.thumb.png.19b0813d19b3dcbc6080f6b5c4e0ba25.png

3 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

As stated, these are six day cruises between the last week in October and the first week of December. It’s part of the Exciting Deals. The price is about $620 p.p. including tips, but not AI.

The good part is, if you want AI it’s only $1149 p.p. more.

7 days, October 1, 8, 15. Good prices for balcony, concierge. We stopped taking AL. Too pricey now. Also, I am Elite  & will take advantage of Tuscan breakfast with & 5-7 cocktail hour. I may buy non alcoholic package for bottled water, specialty coffees….sodas, juices….

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

Without the all inclusive   I am seeing $517 pp on the Oct 22 sailing   6 night balcony.   Prices like old times. Wow

Yes. No need for the AI for us on the 7 day sailing- only one sea day and one day out of the US. So won’t need drink or internet package. 

I have a B2B booked for early October.  We were going to spend a week after our first cruise in San Diego but when we saw some decent prices we decided to add a second cruise as well.  We're in Aqua Class so the prices weren't rock bottom but better than on some other cruises we've looked into.  We love these itineraries and just don't understand why they don't book up as well as, say, Caribbean cruises.  I'm thinking people who live nearby just do land trips to see the various ports, and maybe others just don't realize what nice cruises these are.  Maybe beach and snorkeling folks also don't find them as much fun (I am neither).  To the OP - don't worry - the cruise will be great.  Eclipse has not been revolutionized yet and is showing a tad bit of wear and tear, but we were on her last year and had a great time.

My DH really enjoys cruising but is quite uncomfortable flying. We live very close to the Port of Los Angeles and always keep our eyes on departures from the World Cruise Center. We have done the Mexican Riviera and aren't interested in that again. We booked a Pacific Coast cruise, our first with Celebrity, a few months ago after the Princess cruise we had our eye on was wait listed in our preferred category. We are so pleased with what we've heard about X that we booked the 6 night Cabo cruise a few weeks later as well. We are looking forward to them both.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2023 at 5:18 AM, tomcruiser1234 said:

Without the all inclusive   I am seeing $517 pp on the Oct 22 sailing   6 night balcony.   Prices like old times. Wow

I just mock booked the same sailing in a V1 on my Interline site and with All Included, it was about $2500 total for two people.