RCL does not appear to offer any AI rates

Am I correct?  I keep looking.  Princess, NCL, Celebrity, and Holland all offer AI rates that include drinks, Wi-Fi, and gratuities (Holland does not include gratuities, but I think give some excursion credit.). Am I right that RCL offers nothing included in their rates?

We got a great all inclusive deal about 6 years ago on Independance from Southampton but havent seen it repeated since. High Drinks prices is one of the reasons I don't cruise with RCL as much as I'd like to. This year I've cruised with MSC and Virgin as they both had great all inclusive offers. 

• Like 1

Will be sailing Holland America for the first time.  I opted for the bundled price of $50 per day per person.  It includes for 7 nights...

One excursion up to $100

Unlimited wifi

One specialty dinner

Up to 15 drinks per day (a bit overkill if you ask me)

It's an amazing deal compared to RCCL.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Will be sailing Holland America for the first time.  I opted for the bundled price of $50 per day per person.  It includes for 7 nights...

One excursion up to $100

Unlimited wifi

One specialty dinner

Up to 15 drinks per day (a bit overkill if you ask me)

It's an amazing deal compared to RCCL.

How does overall cost compare cruisefare + package?

I heard the UK all inclusive (Tips and drink package for a cheap rate) they did a few years ago was a bit of a disaster, people over indulged and made for a bad atmosphere.

We do in the UK have an odd relationship with booze so maybe it was the wrong market to launch it on.

1 hour ago, gavvy said:

I heard the UK all inclusive (Tips and drink package for a cheap rate) they did a few years ago was a bit of a disaster, people over indulged and made for a bad atmosphere.

We do in the UK have an odd relationship with booze so maybe it was the wrong market to launch it on.

That's not been my experience and I've seen far more rowdy drunk Americans on Cruises than Brits. Maybe they cant handle their Beer 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Bobblehat71 said:

That's not been my experience and I've seen far more rowdy drunk Americans on Cruises than Brits. Maybe they cant handle their Beer 🤣

When Brits see all inclusive they go mad- been proven time and time again sadly in places like Spain at all inclusive hotels, I believe RCL pulled that package as there was  fighting and other bad behaviour due to people over consuming.

We not all like that of course but Brits do have a certain reputation abroad, and all you can drink definitely fuels that, people seem to see it as a challenge to get as much as possible.

3 hours ago, Bobblehat71 said:

Or maybe not. They just might be having a good time while enjoying their cruise. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gavvy said:

When Brits see all inclusive they go mad- been proven time and time again sadly in places like Spain at all inclusive hotels, I believe RCL pulled that package as there was  fighting and other bad behaviour due to people over consuming.

We not all like that of course but Brits do have a certain reputation abroad, and all you can drink definitely fuels that, people seem to see it as a challenge to get as much as possible.

You can’t even get a paid drinks package now on a short cruise from the UK, Royal stopped them.

I like a few drinks and a lively time but we try and avoid summer Royal cruises from Southampton.

The issue with AI rates is that a big portion of that is alcohol. I usually only have 2-3 per cruise, don’t use wifi. That is why I like Royal’s unbundled rates. If you care for the alcohol or internet package, that’s fine. I just don’t want that in my fare. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1