Ongoing Price Drop and Deal Alerts Thread

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

I know of the error that you were talking about.  It was when the next season's schedules were put into the reservation system back in Nov/Dec.

While pricing errors can occur anywhere, you will find some pretty good deals on the Exciting Deals sheet when Celebrity is dumping cabins.

The Exciting Deals  can be deals but they aren’t pricing errors.  

The OP was referring to act fast on pricing errors as Celebrity will correct them the same day.   I am just giving a warning that if it is a pricing error Celebrity may not honor it, because I along with many others have experienced it even though we booked it.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, miched said:

The Exciting Deals  can be deals but they aren’t pricing errors.  

The OP was referring to act fast on pricing errors as Celebrity will correct them the same day.   I am just giving a warning that if it is a pricing error Celebrity may not honor it, because I along with many others have experienced it even though we booked it.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I usually don't quote myself, but here goes:

Edited by mahdnc

On 6/15/2023 at 11:36 AM, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Hi all, based on a comment by @bnurick I'll be posting price drops that I find on this ongoing thread as I find them. I try to pick out "good" deals instead of just price drops.  Some of the deals I post here are pricing "errors" which Celebrity corrects the same day, so act fast.

Anyone is welcome to post their deal finds here as well!

Here's my latest finding:

Ship: Eclipse

Sail Date: Sept 24, 2023

Itinerary: 7 night Pacific Northwest from Vancouver

Savings is primarily for concierge class staterooms. Interestingly, for both the veranda and concierge categories, the price of a confirmed stateroom is less than the price of a gaurantee room.

Example price: $621 pp for a C2 stateroom (excluding taxes & fees) with 2 person occupancy. 

There are similar pricing anomalies for Eclipse sailings throughout the month of October where the gaurantee concierge is priced well above the confirmed room prices.

I had that cruise booked for an Ocean View cabin and just had my TA rebook it as a Veranda cabin.! I went from a all included booking to a cruise only booking but even after adding back everything I wanted it still saved me money.

• Like 1

My Deposit was $200 that I did on an Onboard book later for a future cruise.  I like that as it means I'm not losing much if I cancel before the 90 day final payment date. 

I just ask my TA to rebook it IF Celebrity would make the change. I’m glad I did it today because Final payment is due next week and making a change after that may have been a problem?

The original AI booking included a Premium Drink package that my TA thought was a big Perk to give up but I do not drink alcohol so it meant nothing to me.

this is a solo cruise for me and my CC discount for WiFi helped.

I appreciate the post as I may have not checked on the reduced price if I had not read about it.

I booked 7 cruises for 2023 in early 2022 and most of them have only gone Up or sold out since then.

D. B.

Edited by D. B.
added content.
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, mahdnc said:

This is a good thread idea. 

I think the weekly Exciting Deals URL is good to bookmark.  This is Celebrity's pricing for selected sailings--many of which have passed their final payment deadline--that they are are trying to nudge the ship full.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Exciting_Deals/CEL_Exciting_Deals.pdf

One issue is trying to get economical airfare with these last minute deals.

Thank you so much for posting this!

23 hours ago, mahdnc said:

I think the weekly Exciting Deals URL is good to bookmark.  This is Celebrity's pricing for selected sailings--many of which have passed their final payment deadline--that they are are trying to nudge the ship full.

These prices don’t seem to come up when I try to book, and yes I am using the promo code. Disappointing. 

10 hours ago, D. B. said:

My Deposit was $200 that I did on an Onboard book later for a future cruise.  I like that as it means I'm not losing much if I cancel before the 90 day final payment date. 

I just ask my TA to rebook it IF Celebrity would make the change. I’m glad I did it today because Final payment is due next week and making a change after that may have been a problem?

The original AI booking included a Premium Drink package that my TA thought was a big Perk to give up but I do not drink alcohol so it meant nothing to me.

this is a solo cruise for me and my CC discount for WiFi helped.

I appreciate the post as I may have not checked on the reduced price if I had not read about it.

I booked 7 cruises for 2023 in early 2022 and most of them have only gone Up or sold out since then.

D. B.

I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the discount!

32 minutes ago, Veinless said:

These prices don’t seem to come up when I try to book, and yes I am using the promo code. Disappointing. 

I'm sorry that it's not working. Two things come to mind:

1. The offer may be regionally limited (e.g. North America only). 

2. I noticed that the link I supplied brings up offers good between Jun 5-12. The link should bring up the current week offers so I'm not sure why there isn't an offer shown for this week. 

My guess is that your problem is because of #2. 

• Thanks 1

If there is a price alert it would be better to start a new thread about it.

To have a on going thread would just get cluttered up and end up not being useful as you would have to get to the last post to get the deal and like the stickies get passed over and missed.  I for one always ignore the stickies and look for the first new thread.  

A new thread would give the alert almost immediately and then eventually go away after the price is gone and not hang around for ever serving no purpose after it ended.  

Just my opinion and thoughts and I am sure many others may disagree

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

On 6/16/2023 at 2:14 PM, mahdnc said:

Hi there Thanks gif this link. Could you tell me what NCCF means on the bottom of the deals prices. Tia

8 minutes ago, Weelynn said:

Hi there Thanks gif this link. Could you tell me what NCCF means on the bottom of the deals prices. Tia

NCCF is the "Non Commissionable Cruise Fare".    For example my TA gives me 10% of his/her commission as OBC.   So if the fare is $1000 adn NccF is $100 he gives me $90 in OBC.

Generally the end customer doesn't have to pay any attention to NCCF.

• Thanks 1

On 6/16/2023 at 9:14 AM, mahdnc said:

Never mind... I see they are updated on Tuesdays.   Too late to delete.  So how did you get to these "Exciting Deals" .  I assume there is an update weekly or so since many of these cruises are past.  

Edited by Dar & Bob

43 minutes ago, Weelynn said:

You’re welcome. There answer by wrk2cruise is my understanding as well. It is an acronym used also by Royal Caribbean. Here’s more information:

https://www.sophisticatedtravel.com/what-are-non-comm-or-non-commissionalbe-ncf-or-nccf-fees/amp/

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

So how did you get to these "Exciting Deals" .  I assume there is an update weekly or so since many of these cruises are past.  

Normally the Exciting Deals link is updated every week on Monday for a sale that goes into effect on Tuesday for seven days. It’s been like that for years before COVID and it was restarted during the past year. 

Although I find it less helpful, I have been receiving weekly Exciting Deals email from Celebrity (partial screenshot below). It is less helpful than the table because when you click on the orange button, you are taken to the Celebrity reservation website and you have to click on each sailing and do a mock booking for each cabin category of interest to see if the deal is any good. 

Here is the link from orange button in the e-mail. I have no idea if this same URL works every week or whether a new URL is supplied with each weekly email. 

https://click.na.celebritycruises.com/?qs=33f707819ed495299cd44c92163b677c273a6155883adb1918a890fdea471e5b15fd5c0f2bd78b1cb2f4b1f23ce3de12384be8ded62d3f848adef8cd18e98ab4

IMG_6776.thumb.jpeg.f815843ab50015288699ddfc48fb4fe1.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

On 6/15/2023 at 8:18 PM, DingoMom said:

Does anyone know how to make this thread a “sticky”?

Unless the thread is very closely moderated/controlled, similar to the thread on cabins, it will not warrant being a "sticky."  There are already too many extraneous posts that are not price drop and deal alerts (yes, including this one).  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vagabond Knight said:

Unless the thread is very closely moderated/controlled, similar to the thread on cabins, it will not warrant being a "sticky."  There are already too many extraneous posts that are not price drop and deal alerts (yes, including this one).  😉

Agreed. No need to make this topic sticky.

I suppose I can make a new topic when I find a nice deal as I had been and also link to that thread via a single post here? That way people can get a notification when new posts are made here but also see it as a new topic on the overall Celebrity board. Anyone else who finds a nice deal could also do the same thing. It would be nice if folks would then comment on the individual threads instead of commenting on this ongoing one to reduce the number of erroneous notifications that would come from people posting questions/comments on this ongoing thread.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Funny thing happened today. I check the fares of all of our bookings daily just in case the prices go down. Today our 12-day July 2024 Apex cruise and our 11-day March 2025 Constellation cruise, both in AQ cabins, each had a price drop of $400 pp. Prior to today, the prices had only been going up. But this drop was nowhere close to bringing the fares down to what we paid for them. But OTOH our 14-day July 2024 Sky Princess cruise in an M1 cabin dropped $1700 per person!! Obviously, we are cancelling and rebooking that one! 😊

Not quite sure what caused these changes today other than maybe the pent-up demand for cruising post pandemic is subsiding, especially with the over-inflated prices the cruise lines have been advertising. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...