Ongoing Price Drop and Deal Alerts Thread

Hi all, based on a comment by @bnurick I'll be posting price drops that I find on this ongoing thread as I find them. I try to pick out "good" deals instead of just price drops.  Some of the deals I post here are pricing "errors" which Celebrity corrects the same day, so act fast.

Anyone is welcome to post their deal finds here as well!

Here's my latest finding:

Ship: Eclipse

Sail Date: Sept 24, 2023

Itinerary: 7 night Pacific Northwest from Vancouver

Savings is primarily for concierge class staterooms. Interestingly, for both the veranda and concierge categories, the price of a confirmed stateroom is less than the price of a gaurantee room.

Example price: $621 pp for a C2 stateroom (excluding taxes & fees) with 2 person occupancy. 

There are similar pricing anomalies for Eclipse sailings throughout the month of October where the gaurantee concierge is priced well above the confirmed room prices.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 19

4 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Here's my latest finding:

Ship: Eclipse

Sail Date: Sept 24, 2023

Itinerary: 7 night Pacific Northwest from Vancouver

I'm booked on this cruise in a C2. I tried to get a price adjustment yesterday to save about $200, but the rep stated that this is only for "new bookings"... this particular sale, but he did give me an additional $50 OBC when I said then what is price guarantee, especially when this is before final payment. He kept stating the fine print, but I am still having trouble finding it. I felt as if I should have done a HUCA.

Edited by buzz031

1 hour ago, buzz031 said:

I'm booked on this cruise in a C2. I tried to get a price adjustment yesterday to save about $200, but the rep stated that this is only for "new bookings"... this particular sale, but he did give me an additional $50 OBC when I said then what is price guarantee, especially when this is before final payment. He kept stating the fine print, but I am still having trouble finding it. I felt as if I should have done a HUCA.

Hmmmm.  I would not accept this answer.  Perhaps call back first thing in the morning.  Perhaps a different person on the other end of the phone will have a different answer.  Perhaps speaking to a supervisor is in order.  Maybe drop the suggestion that you may cancel if your pre-final-payment pricing is not adjusted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Hmmmm.  I would not accept this answer.  Perhaps call back first thing in the morning.  Perhaps a different person on the other end of the phone will have a different answer.  Perhaps speaking to a supervisor is in order.  Maybe drop the suggestion that you may cancel if your pre-final-payment pricing is not adjusted.

The price is now up over what we paid... so it was a narrow window yesterday (and maybe this morning) when the price was the $621 for C2. Thanks for the reply though. I thought the rep might not be correct and should have escalated it. HUCA (hang up and call again)... different person/ different answer. 

11 hours ago, buzz031 said:

The price is now up over what we paid... so it was a narrow window yesterday (and maybe this morning) when the price was the $621 for C2. Thanks for the reply though. I thought the rep might not be correct and should have escalated it. HUCA (hang up and call again)... different person/ different answer. 

Whenever I see something like this I put it on a 24hr hold.  Then do the dance with trying to get the price adjusted.   Generally even when it's new bookings only they will do it.   The theory always was you could just cancel and rebook (as a new booking), well that was in the days of all refundable deposits.

Now with NRD that threat comes with a cost (just like it always has with the UK).  Used to be it might just cost you the $100 pp penalty and you would get the rest in FCC.   Well now you lose the entire deposit so it's much less likely that people would be willing to do that.

• Thanks 1

This is a good thread idea. 

I think the weekly Exciting Deals URL is good to bookmark.  This is Celebrity's pricing for selected sailings--many of which have passed their final payment deadline--that they are are trying to nudge the ship full.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Exciting_Deals/CEL_Exciting_Deals.pdf

One issue is trying to get economical airfare with these last minute deals.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

This is a good thread idea. 

I think the weekly Exciting Deals URL is good to bookmark.  This is Celebrity's pricing for selected sailings--many of which have passed their final payment deadline--that they are are trying to nudge the ship full.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Exciting_Deals/CEL_Exciting_Deals.pdf

One issue is trying to get economical airfare with these last minute deals.

In some cases you can save on airfare if you do a B2B, for example an Alaska northbound then southbound

image.png.f6384a4a11e902d1bbd3d2b6c5cda350.png

• Like 2

If it is because of a pricing error Celebrity may not honor it

There were some cruises a while back that were priced at $700 for a Sky Suite for a 4 night cruise.   I booked it and a week later I received a call from Celebrity that it was a pricing error and they could not honor it.   There were a lot of CC members that were also affected and there was a few threads about it.  

They did offer the cruise for $ 1200 more pp. 

No thanks

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, miched said:

If it is because of a pricing error Celebrity may not honor it

There were some cruises a while back that were priced at $700 for a Sky Suite for a 4 night cruise.   I booked it and a week later I received a call from Celebrity that it was a pricing error and they could not honor it.   There were a lot of CC members that were also affected and there was a few threads about it.  

They did offer the cruise for $ 1200 more pp. 

No thanks

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I know of the error that you were talking about.  It was when the next season's schedules were put into the reservation system back in Nov/Dec.

While pricing errors can occur anywhere, you will find some pretty good deals on the Exciting Deals sheet when Celebrity is dumping cabins.

• Like 1