Equinox Menu - Main Dining Upcharges Showing on App

thebutlerdidit

14 hours ago, prmssk said:

You can get the same comment card from guest services.  Or you can use an iPad to scan the QR code to have a larger screen to enter your comments.

I have heard that it is worth it to submit written comments in whatever format is most comfortable for you while on board.

14 hours ago, prmssk said:

You can get the same comment card from guest services.  Or you can use an iPad to scan the QR code to have a larger screen to enter your comments.

I have heard that it is worth it to submit written comments in whatever format is most comfortable for you while on board.

Here is the "deal"

When on vacation, especially at a meal,  I do not want to have my phone with me at all let alone to get a menu.

Ii hate doing comments because now every amazon order and every interaction we get on line or in person generates an e mail for comment. It takes away from my free time.

If I do not like whats dealt to me on a cruise ship,or the business does not satisfy my needs, and I am usually an easy grader (or for any other business) then I will not go with that cruise line or other business again assuming of course I can literally do without it. I recenty stayed at 8 Airbnbs over 5 weeks and full reviews wre asked with a time limit. THey must have forgot about the concept of vacation means pretty much decoupling.

But I get the distinct feeling X is trying to find out what it can get away with where a lot of customers woudl resist., not caring for about the 20%-30%  or so that might have higher expectations , and X must be figuring each year will bring new suckers, err cruisers.

X used to have the reputation of a higher class cruise where the crew took care of your every need by anticipation. If they "nail it" like they used to-then the comment is they exceeded expectations. If not you spend a lot of time trying to explain your disappointment, and they either take care of it, or give you OBC on a cruise you booked or give you OBC then reneg --They gave me 1800 of "Goodwill" obc and reneged. At some point you cannot use that much OBC with say the 800 you get in a standard suite, especially if they loaded the full amount into a TA when you are already in a suite. Perhaps go to the spa everyday for a massage. Not how I would want to spend my money.

Hoever, ther are probably 100;s of different opinions on this thread.

6 minutes ago, crusin'k said:

Just FYI

In looking at the app for our meals on this 8 night cruise- roast pork with cabbage is listed 3 nights, penne pasta 2 nights. And yes, the cheeseburger is still there. 

I trust its a high quality cheeseburger

5 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

Here is the "deal"

When on vacation, especially at a meal,  I do not want to have my phone with me at all let alone to get a menu.

Ii hate doing comments because now every amazon order and every interaction we get on line or in person generates an e mail for comment. It takes away from my free time.

If I do not like whats dealt to me on a cruise ship,or the business does not satisfy my needs, and I am usually an easy grader (or for any other business) then I will not go with that cruise line or other business again assuming of course I can literally do without it. I recenty stayed at 8 Airbnbs over 5 weeks and full reviews wre asked with a time limit. THey must have forgot about the concept of vacation means pretty much decoupling.

But I get the distinct feeling X is trying to find out what it can get away with where a lot of customers woudl resist., not caring for about the 20%-30%  or so that might have higher expectations , and X must be figuring each year will bring new suckers, err cruisers.

X used to have the reputation of a higher class cruise where the crew took care of your every need by anticipation. If they "nail it" like they used to-then the comment is they exceeded expectations. If not you spend a lot of time trying to explain your disappointment, and they either take care of it, or give you OBC on a cruise you booked or give you OBC then reneg --They gave me 1800 of "Goodwill" obc and reneged. At some point you cannot use that much OBC with say the 800 you get in a standard suite, especially if they loaded the full amount into a TA when you are already in a suite. Perhaps go to the spa everyday for a massage. Not how I would want to spend my money.

Hoever, ther are probably 100;s of different opinions on this thread.

I think everyone should bring their phone everywhere for both emergency purpose and in case one encounters an unexpected incident they would always have a camera/video nearby

25 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

That’s why we want a pic to determine if it is

my last experience with an MDR burger was blah, but that was lunchwhen we were in Aqua. Tried MDR for lunch twice--on was the blah burger and one was blah roasted chicken.

Our most recent cruise was Oasis 7 months ago- MDR was impressive at breakfast, lunch and dinner.

adults were happy and the kids --the servers brought double portions of fries with their chicken fingers. Eldest grandson knocked off steaks at a rapid pace.

The envelope at the end was above normal for the servers and the servers captain cause he brought over the extra steak for my grandson.

Thats what makes the cruises special.

Edited by HMR74

4 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I think everyone should bring their phone everywhere for both emergency purpose and in case one encounters an unexpected incident they would always have a camera/video nearby

lol, you are entitled to do what you like. So am I.

I can shed it for a couple hours a day. except when the markets are very active.

But I do not want to have it to get a menu. Or have the server go running to get one. or more. Do like having the phone on board to find each other when we do different things

I will stipulate its all coming. I use apple pay a lot now and the phones are used for cabin entry now.

But it was nice a few years back to just throw the sea pass in pocket

You did forget the best reason for the phones. To take pictures, stream music or itunes music, or text everybody you know (yeah, thats sarcastic).

another stipulation: cruises with sea days or a lot of repeat ports, is great to read books on ipads.

35 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

Here is the "deal"

Where did you see you need your phone to get a menu? The only reference I saw to phones and QR codes was to scan the code to comment to guest relations while you are on board. You can also do it the old fashioned way and submit a written comment card.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HMR74 said:

Here is the "deal"

Then don't leave a comment.  I was responding to your post that seemed to imply there were no traditional forms to leave comments anymore.  If you want to leave a comment, you can go to guest services and write a hand written on.  If you don't, then don't.  If you would rather walk away from a company without giving them feedback and a chance to improve, that is absolutely your choice.

Furthermore, I am not aware of anything during a Celebrity cruise that requires a phone.  You still get paper menus.  Your sea pass card still opens your cabin and can be used to charge things to your account.  Celebrity still hands out paper daily schedules.  You can make dining reservations in person or using the cabin telephone.  If you want, you can leave your phone in the safe for the cruise or not bring it at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, prmssk said:

Then don't leave a comment.  I was responding to your post that seemed to imply there were no traditional forms to leave comments anymore.  If you want to leave a comment, you can go to guest services and write a hand written on.  If you don't, then don't.  If you would rather walk away from a company without giving them feedback and a chance to improve, that is absolutely your choice.

Furthermore, I am not aware of anything during a Celebrity cruise that requires a phone.  You still get paper menus.  Your sea pass card still opens your cabin and can be used to charge things to your account.  Celebrity still hands out paper daily schedules.  You can make dining reservations in person or using the cabin telephone.  If you want, you can leave your phone in the safe for the cruise or not bring it at all.

Gee-I was responding to needing phones on a regular basis, Menus, use of QR codes, regardless of purpose, so I really did not need a terse reply. So be it.

However, thats the direction things are going. and all I was saying was that I do not want to be forced to use technolgy for everything  on a vacation or cruise. More than half the time we see conpany tasks transferred to the customer, starting with the telephone systems  and the long waits. And disconnection if the company rep answering does not want to be bothered with a tough issue.

CEOs shoudl try calling into their own customer "oriented" systems at peak tiems, and then see what their people really know eg, I would call into X 7 times on same issue and get 3 different answers.

18 hours ago, HMR74 said:

Is that the QR code many seniors do not want to use on phones, vs getting large enough menus to read. Without reading glasses.

As a senior, QR codes are easy to use but Celebrity QR code from the dailies do not always work 😉

6 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

CEOs shoudl try calling into their own customer "oriented" systems at peak tiems, and then see what their people really know eg, I would call into X 7 times on same issue and get 3 different answers.

I'd much rather have corporate only eating at the buffet, mast grill and MDR for a week

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Ex-Airbalancer said:

As a senior, QR codes are easy to use but Celebrity QR code from the dailies do not always work 😉

They may be easy to use, unless you need reading glasses to see the characters on the phone, but my big point is that X or any good company should only get a minimum of comments because it deliveresd a consistent product that meets or exceeds expectations AND is a good value (meaning not necessarly low prics but "good value for the money".

I can live with a couple of disappointments over a time of a cruise but not so much that its every day and the X I knew was magical from the time you stepped on board till disembarcation.

18 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I'd much rather have corporate only eating at the buffet, mast grill and MDR for a week

I totally agree.  If it is not edible for the CEO it should not be served to the customers.

All of these cuts are self imposed so corporate does know about them.  

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I totally agree.  If it is not edible for the CEO it should not be served to the customers.

how about corporate execs going on a 1 week cruise without it being a presidents cruise, and stay in a normal veranduh cabin without priority perks.

How would  you like to be a captain of a ship where you  have an autocratic ceo that may ask your input but thats for show. However massive restrictions are paced on you. LLPs staff loved her too much to be real.

My fantasy punishment  for corp and govt corrupt execs is ti take away the money ill gained, make them wear an ankle bracelet, and live in subsidized housing and then make them work 40 hours a week as Wal-Mart Greeters, or behind the counter at a very busy McDonalds.

Or a cabin steward on a cruise line that works 15 hours a day doing multiple chores.

Our Maitre'd  on Eclipse worked  breakfast and dinner shifts in BLU (thats 9+ hours there with set ups and clean ups) and lunch shift OVC. As did servers.

Nothng like working for a CEO who grew up in a company and understood almost everything done, and knew how to coach and mentor, and when and how to be critical.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

I've had two Hotel Directors tell me that electronic comments (QR code) are seen in Miami, too.  Written, no.

That’s good to know.  I was on the Apex last month and had outstanding service from our room attendant, sommelier and waiter.  I think it is important to recognize good service as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

THe "standard" of being edible should be like a school cafeteria or dorm standard, not an expensive cruise line standard

which should be

WOW.

and frankly those likeing a cruise because they do not have to cook or clean up, while valid, is not a high enough standard for the food.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HMR74 said:

Gee-I was responding to needing phones on a regular basis, Menus

No one in this thread mentioned using phones on a regular basis or for menus. You must have been responding to the voices in your head.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, RichYak said:

No one in this thread mentioned using phones on a regular basis or for menus. You must have been responding to the voices in your head.

Perhaps but I doubt it, How do you access QR codes, special bionic retina?

Edited by HMR74
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

Perhaps but I doubt it, How do you access QR codes, special bionic retina?

The QR codes are to leave comments, not necessary for menus or anything else. They're not even required to leave comments either, just a convenience if you want it. Pay no attention to those voices in your head telling you otherwise.

4 minutes ago, RichYak said:

The QR codes are to leave comments, not necessary for menus or anything else. They're not even required to leave comments either, just a convenience if you want it. Pay no attention to those voices in your head telling you otherwise.

still need a phone or does pressing the qr generate a form

My kids think i am a technology dinosaur --til someome has to fix their electronics around the house.

I still believe in fairly tales and that computers and other electronics and software should improve life and leave more time for us to do other things not be wedded to technology.

eg, it takes less time to speak on the phone than to engage in back and forth texts and or e mails.

Reading many of the posts here I am so glad food is not the most important aspect of any of our holidays, don’t get me wrong, we like nice restaurants and are willing to pay good money for them. And I respect we all have different priorities on holidays, but I don’t get some of the posts on this thread, and others, continually making the same point. If food is that important to you, change the line you cruise with. I am sure you wouldn’t keep going back to a restaurant you once liked if standards dropped, move on.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

still need a phone or does pressing the qr generate a form

No. Despite what you claim to have read above (or maybe the voices in your head are telling you), waiters will hand you a menu in the MDR, there is a guest services desk for your comments, and they leave dailies in your cabin each night.

The QR codes are only for non-dinosaurs who choose to use them. They are not required. No one in this thread told you they were.

54 minutes ago, yogini06 said:

That’s good to know.  I was on the Apex last month and had outstanding service from our room attendant, sommelier and waiter.  I think it is important to recognize good service as well

I started taking photos of name tags so I could remember who to mention and spell it correctly. OOPPSS, I use my phone for that.