Equinox Menu - Main Dining Upcharges Showing on App

thebutlerdidit

• thebutlerdidit changed the title to Equinox Menu - Main Dining Upcharges Showing on App

Is it just me or does that seem ridiculously expensive? One course only so no special starters or desserts no different venue…I would rather book a speciality once a cruise for a full experience than do this on two occasions in the MDR. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Just now, chemmo said:

Is it just me or does that seem ridiculously expensive? One course only so no special starters or desserts no different venue…I would rather book a speciality once a cruise for a full experience than do this on two occasions in the MDR. 

Yes I agree. Find this all a bit tacky. We’re back to Celebrity next month for the first time since 2020. In the interim we’ve cruised 3 times on Azamara. After our Celebrity cruise we’ll decide on our favourite. 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Interesting. I don’t see these on the app for my December sailing on Silhouette, but they don’t seem to roll out such changes to all ships/regions simultaneously.

Our sailing for October haven’t shown menus at all.  

We certainly wouldn’t pay these upcharges for meals in the MDR (or Blu & Luminae). We board Apex next month. I’ll certainly post if I see new upcharges on the app or once I board. Haven’t found them on the app yet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Our sailing for October haven’t shown menus at all.  

I see menus for the first 7 nights on my December 4th sailing on Silhouette. Ditto for Cosmopolitan on the current Apex cruise.

Edited by Silkroad

Just now, Accessor said:

"Premium Selections"...for additional price. X is making the jump to "Non-Premium" cruise line, charging for upsell entrees in MDR like Carnival and RCCL does...

Yes, this is the straw that breaks the camel’s back for me. I have my upcoming cruises paid in full, but Celebrity no longer feels special. I’m icked out by all of the additional charges. I’m having guilt about talking up Celebrity to family members. Since we booked last November, the slashes to quality and inclusions have been ruthless. 

• Like 15

I would think that if people refuse to order items having these upcharges, Celebrity will back off. Of course, they may instead raise fare prices - again - across the fleet. 

Looking at the current Equinox sailing on the app, they’re offering these “Premium Selections” every night in the MDR. I don’t see them in Blu or Luminae.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

I noted that no more all time appetizers and entrees , no more shrimp cocktail in the appetizers, etc

IMG_5539.png

Looks like they are alternating between escargot and shrimp cocktail.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Diav said:

Going on the Equinox this Saturday (if we don't get cancelled due to TS or hurricane).  Will there still be lobster included in Chic night?

I browse all the menus, Lobster only in the premium selections

How do these 'Premium' MDR selections compare with what is offered in the 'Specialty' venues??

I'll be sitting out X cruises for some time I guess...seems obvious this is going to be fleet-wide...

• Like 3