Equinox Menu - Main Dining Upcharges Showing on App

thebutlerdidit

Looking forward to seeing the menus from your cruise. 

Paying extra for a meal in the MDR.... when they have always served excellent food and choices of food....Not me !!! 

If this is what celebrity is moving towards, then i will be sending my comments to the new CEO. 

We have always loved sailing on Celebrity, but will be looking for other cruise lines if these poor choices of the management of the Celebrity brand continues. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Pear30 said:

Looking forward to seeing the menus from your cruise. 

Paying extra for a meal in the MDR.... when they have always served excellent food and choices of food....Not me !!! 

If this is what celebrity is moving towards, then i will be sending my comments to the new CEO. 

We have always loved sailing on Celebrity, but will be looking for other cruise lines if these poor choices of the management of the Celebrity brand continues. 

Please do. In the past the only way to successfully reverse changes like this with Royal and Celebrity has been a lot of backlash via emails to execs and social media. Social media really hits them where it hurts. 

• Like 3

Every few months there is this big blowup because they insist on using paying customers as guinea pigs.  Frankly, it makes me not want to book any sailing with them, even if they inevitably roll back the dumbest ideas after the outcry.  I don't appreciate paying the current (inflated) prices to potentially be a test subject at their whim.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, prmssk said:

6/24 hasn’t happened yet and the app is notorious for being wrong. Does anyone who is currently on board looking at the paper menu for the chic night we normally see these things that can confirm they are actually gone?  Ideally from more than one ship or cruise so we know this isn’t just a fluke on this cruise. 

There just seems to be a pretty regular panic about something that doesn’t turn out to be fully accurate or as bad as it seems once we have all the information. And RC has had a similar premium menu for a while now and still offered the complimentary formal night items like lobster.  So the existence of this menu is not enough to convince me it’s time to panic. 

Check post #55 from someone currently on the Equinox.

30 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

I am shocked they haven’t come up with some form of meatloaf. Mystery meat. 

Blu offers the mystery meatloaf, it been there for a number of years.  Resembles dog food. 

Edited by jelayne
Typo
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Check post #55 from someone currently on the Equinox.

You are not the first to point me to post #55 and it doesn’t actually give us any confirmation as Chic Night has not happened yet on their cruise so they can’t have seen the menu yet. Furthermore, someone else who is on board mentioned crew said the elimination of included lobster on the second Chic Night is only for cruises less than seven nights. So we are talking about a small minority of Celebrity cruises and I’m not even sure lobster was always served on those cruises. I don’t remember it on my last five night cruise with Celebrity. 

• Thanks 1

This is really depressing news.  If I didn't need to use up my last (largest) FCC, I'd cancel my 16-night, Constellation TA in November.  With celiac, MDR is already a minefield; these reductions will make it a no-man's-land.  And unfortunately, M-class only has one specialty that works for me (last two of three Tuscan meals on Connie were comped because they were so bad).  Yup, I'm depressed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dar & Bob said:

Someone needs to share the new President's email and the box can be inudated with protests 🙂

Great Suggestion, but it will take all of us to send emails to the new CEO. 

Does anyone have her email?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, prmssk said:

You are not the first to point me to post #55 and it doesn’t actually give us any confirmation as Chic Night has not happened yet on their cruise so they can’t have seen the menu yet. Furthermore, someone else who is on board mentioned crew said the elimination of included lobster on the second Chic Night is only for cruises less than seven nights. So we are talking about a small minority of Celebrity cruises and I’m not even sure lobster was always served on those cruises. I don’t remember it on my last five night cruise with Celebrity. 

The main point is not the lobster, it’s the fact that half of the menu is now up-charge items and the complementary items are garbage. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

The main point is not the lobster, it’s the fact that half of the menu is now up-charge items and the complementary items are garbage. 

Half the menu?  So the menu is now only a total of 6 items?

Aside from certain classics not appearing every day (which was a change months ago if I recall), I’m missing what has been eliminated with the addition of these up charge items (aside from lobster night on short cruises).  But then most of this thread is based on what people are seeing in an app that is notorious for being wrong as we are only on day 2 of this Equinox cruise that is affected.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Aside from certain classics not appearing every day (which was a change months ago if I recall), I’m missing what has been eliminated with the addition of these up charge items (aside from lobster night on short cruises).  But then most of this thread is based on what people are seeing in an app that is notorious for being wrong as we are only on day 2 of this Equinox cruise that is affected.

Yes, the app is often wrong but for it to be this wrong and have confirmation from someone on board right now? How wrong do you think it can be. As far as subsequent nights on this cruise, it's very easy to ask to see the menu going forward. I don't care about the lobster either but if they are still serving Caribbean lobster with a $17 up charge that is just wrong.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, prmssk said:

For the Entrées there are 7 items on the menu, 3 are what used to be the 'always available' options with the change that one alternates between salmon and another fish, so salmon is not a daily option any more.

Of the remaining 4, one will be vegetarian...

Clearly they have rolled in the 'always available' to give the illusion of choice, but this has to be viewed as an incredibly limited menu now with some low cost proteins replacing the better quality items we used to get...

• Like 4

Back in January when X made changes to the buffet and MDR not having prime rib. I sat back and looked at the 4 cruises we had booked with X all in suites. April was to be South America cruise. We had done this cruise before, but we did not get to go to Iguazú Falls. Our May cruise was to be a New England cruise. We had done that cruise before also. So I call our TA and said cancel both cruises. The Sept cruise is a Pacific coast cruise. While we had done this cruise once before. I got a CS for a good price. Maybe X will have their act together by Sept. I decided to keep this one. My MIL and her sister decided to join us. TA just made final over the weekend for our Sept cruise. Our last cruise for the year was to be LA to Chile16 nights in a sunset suite. It was to be a birthday cruise as I'm turning 65. I canceled this one also. I want to give X time and hope things get better. I did book Iceland for next June. 

So we booked a land trip to Playacar, Mexico. Had a great time. We are now going to spend my birthday and Christmas in England visiting friends.

I've talked to friends that have sailed this year in suites and they have enjoyed the food and their cruises. Their is a whole world out their to explore. I've been to 75 countries. Cruising is great, easy, enjoyable. But not the only way to enjoy a vacation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Have been thinking on the exact same lines as you...Found the answer in regards to post 55...There isn't free lobster on board their Equinox sailing right now because its a SIX nighter...Lobster should be on the very next sailing Jun 24th sailing as that's an 8 nighter

image.thumb.png.5795c607a1c797aaf320e2ba49d4868a.png

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

2 hours ago, vkb2751 said:

We are on the Equinox. All the addition cost items are on the menu. Shrimp cocktail and Salmon are only available every other day. Cheese cake only on first night. No lobster on the menu for the entire cruise. The waiter said they are trying to match Royal Carribbean menus.

relaxed luxury???????

Meenu and Vinod

Please confirm you're on a SIX night sailing as this will clear up everything...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Blu offers the mystery meatloaf, it been there for a number of years.  Resembles dog food. 

I haven't seen it on at least my past three sailing, they claimed it was Wagyu but it looked terrible...Know how to class up meatloaf?  Make 'em into meatballs

2 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Please confirm you're on a SIX night sailing as this will clear up everything...

We don’t need them too. It’s easy to look up. We know it’s a 6 night. That doesn’t clear everything up. Any decent food has an up charge. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, prmssk said:

If it is only on 6 N or less do you think they will reduce the price per day for those.(not)   We have done 2 short sailing recently and the price per day was within $2 a night on one and the other the 4 N sailing was about $25 per night more.  If the price is equivalent why should the shorter sailing get less desirable included food choices. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RichYak said:

This isn't about lobster. This is about setting precedents. This is about crossing a line that hasn't been crossed before in fear of cheapening the brand. That line no longer exists.

I agree, and to some extent the lobster is a 'red herring' (sorry, someone had to do it.. 🙂 ) as it used to be a 2nd Chic night event and there is only one Chic night on a 6 night cruise so they can play that card I guess...

The line hasn't just been crossed, it has been erased with the miserable list of entrées needing to have the every day options listed with it as it would otherwise be embarrassingly short... ... and not even being able to maintain salmon as a daily option but having to rotate it with cheap alternatives is the final insult... 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

It just kills me whenever I read their line about “menus crafted by michelin star chefs”. 

While it's not uncommon to use the term "Michelin Star/Starred Chef", Stars are actually awarded to the restaurant, not chefs.  Therefore its either all or nothing, if you can call the executive chef a Michelin Star Chef you could call all sous chefs at that restaurant a michelin star chef