Equinox Menu - Main Dining Upcharges Showing on App

thebutlerdidit

14 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

For those ready to abandon Celebrity, I am curious about one thing. Which cruise line do you believe has a product similar to Celebrity’s pre-pandemic product?

Oceania is a great alternative. Food is better than X pre-pandemic quality.

Edited by Accessor
sp
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We have 7 cruises booked; 4 suites & 3 veranda.  The  3 verandas may soon be on the chopping block.

That's a shame but perfectly understandable.

It seems to me Celebrity has always had an identity crisis. Premium but not really. Adults only but not really. Ship within a ship concept for suites but not really. Most recently Verandas but not really. A lot has been smoke and mirrors to charge higher fares.

Once Celebrity gave up any pretense of being premium by charging for room service and an extra "lobster" tail, this was the next logical step. Now there's no reason to keep up the facade--it's full on basic mass market quality in the MDR. Double cheeseburger? Really? No more cheesecake? Shrimp cocktail? Sorry, not tonight.

What's next? Now that there is a true adults only mass market cruise line will Celebrity finally give up that pretense and put up rock walls and water slides?

This really is hard to watch.

• Like 10

Well this might complicate things for me.  With my extensive food allergies, I was counting on filet and halibut for safe options I can have.  If they start charging for those types entrees’ I may need to rethink.  I can’t afford to pay the fare AND buy all my meals on top of what I’ve already paid.   I guess I’ll wait and see if Luminae is effected by the time I cruise next May.  My cruise might turn into a weight loss cruise…

• Thanks 1

We are on the Equinox. All the addition cost items are on the menu. Shrimp cocktail and Salmon are only available every other day. Cheese cake only on first night. No lobster on the menu for the entire cruise. The waiter said they are trying to match Royal Carribbean menus.

relaxed luxury???????

Meenu and Vinod

Edited by vkb2751
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

This is just another tactic to see much Celebrity can get away with this year.  One of the reasons I booked Oceania was the price, new ship, itinerary and food quality.  Suite prices, in many instances, are extremely high, IMHO.  So, go after the MDR’s food menus and see how much it will be tolerated.  Honestly, I have really enjoyed the Celebrity product, but certainly am not married to the cruise line.  I have 3 suites(one with Oceania) and 1 SV booked, but have been very reserved about booking anything else.  However, new cruisers are coming onboard, so it will be interesting to see the effect of this as time goes by.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Any confirmation they are eliminating the lobster on the Chic Night?

This may be just a way to offer these dishes every night for a fee but still offer an included lobster on Chic Night. If so, they haven’t actually taken anything away. 

Just checked the app for the current Equinox cruise, and I don’t see lobster tail on the menu for any of the remaining nights, so the answer would appear to be no included lobster on Chic night. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, prmssk said:

This may be just a way to offer these dishes every night for a fee but still offer an included lobster on Chic Night. If so, they haven’t actually taken anything away. 

No filet or lobster showing on any night without uncharge.  

• Like 1

I guess I never realized how important lobster is onboard; I am allergic to it, so never paid much attention.  Halibut is “my lobster.”  Maybe grilled peanut butter and jelly will be added to the menu, as it is also very good!😝

Edited by Lastdance
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Altamar said:

No free lobster night on equinox 6/24/23 .

7 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Just checked the app for the current Equinox cruise, and I don’t see lobster tail on the menu for any of the remaining nights, so the answer would appear to be no included lobster on Chic night. 

6 minutes ago, jelayne said:

No filet or lobster showing on any night without uncharge.  

6/24 hasn’t happened yet and the app is notorious for being wrong. Does anyone who is currently on board looking at the paper menu for the chic night we normally see these things that can confirm they are actually gone?  Ideally from more than one ship or cruise so we know this isn’t just a fluke on this cruise. 

There just seems to be a pretty regular panic about something that doesn’t turn out to be fully accurate or as bad as it seems once we have all the information. And RC has had a similar premium menu for a while now and still offered the complimentary formal night items like lobster.  So the existence of this menu is not enough to convince me it’s time to panic. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, vkb2751 said:

We are on the Equinox. All the addition cost items are on the menu. Shrimp cocktail and Salmon are only available every other day. Cheese cake only on first night. No lobster on the menu for the entire cruise. The waiter said they are trying to match Royal Carribbean menus.

relaxed luxury???????

Oh no! Shrimp cocktail and Salmon are two of my fallback items on the menu. Match Royal Caribbean menus? That’s not good news.

Slightly off topic I know, but I can trust you two for the real scoop. How is OVC? Are you seeing cutbacks in the quality and quantity of offerings at lunch? Dinner?

3 minutes ago, prmssk said:

6/24 hasn’t happened yet and the app is notorious for being wrong. Does anyone who is currently on board looking at the paper menu for the chic night we normally see these things that can confirm they are actually gone?  Ideally from more than one ship or cruise so we know this isn’t just a fluke on this cruise. 

There just seems to be a pretty regular panic about something that doesn’t turn out to be fully accurate or as bad as it seems once we have all the information. And RC has had a similar premium menu for a while now and still offered the complimentary formal night items like lobster.  So the existence of this menu is not enough to convince me it’s time to panic. 

Onboard. Menus are accurate. No more lobster or tournedos on less than 7 nights per staff. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

4 minutes ago, prmssk said:

See post #55. They are on board. No idea if they’ve seen paper menus for every night. 

1 minute ago, Silkroad said:

Oh no! Shrimp cocktail and Salmon are two of my fallback items on the menu. Match Royal Caribbean menus? That’s not good news.

Slightly off topic I know, but I can trust you two for the real scoop. How is OVC? Are you seeing cutbacks in the quality and quantity of offerings at lunch? Dinner?

OVC has slipped. No salmon or good fish- tilapia and fish and chips is all I have seen at lunch and dinner. 

2-3 stations open for dinner nightly generally the same food as lunch with a few twists. Chicken is mostly bone in dark meat. Large salad and dessert selections but primarily flavorless dressings and dessert. If you look hard, you can find 1-2 desserts per day that are dense and rich, but most are the bland and fluffy- taste like nothing cake and pies. 

Anything in particular you were interested in knowing?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I guess I never realized how important lobster is onboard; I am allergic to it, so never paid much attention.  Halibut is “my lobster.”  Maybe grilled peanut butter and jelly will be added to the menu, as it is also very good!😝

I don’t get excited about lobster, but I’m not thrilled about cutbacks on salmon and shrimp cocktails. Grilled PBJ? OMG don’t give them any ideas😱😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

Onboard. Menus are accurate. No more lobster or tournedos on less than 7 nights per staff. 

I can already hear the reply to this...lol...

(We'll need verification from someone on a cruise 7 nights or longer, etc, etc....)

ETA: BINGO!! I win...<nothing>...

Edited by dlh015
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

No, I have even seen plenty of inaccuracies after I board. I don’t ever fully trust the app.

And eliminating lobster night on short cruises is quite different from eliminating it altogether. I’m not even sure it was offered on my last five night cruise with Celebrity. 

Just now, Silkroad said:

See post #55. They are on board. No idea if they’ve seen paper menus for every night. 

And Chic Night where they would expect lobster has not happened yet, unless I am misunderstanding.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

I can already hear the reply to this...lol...

(We'll need verification from someone on a cruise 7 nights or longer, etc, etc....)

Lol. I was on the 8 night two weeks ago and lobster was served, but there were also no premium selections that week. 

I will add- both sailings this month we have been taken aback by the lack of cleanliness of our cabin and bars. Both sailings we have found trash from the previous week and the floors were not clean. Makes you wonder. 

Edited by kruzerci

12 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I guess I never realized how important lobster is onboard

This isn't about lobster. This is about setting precedents. This is about crossing a line that hasn't been crossed before in fear of cheapening the brand. That line no longer exists.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, prmssk said:

I know the app is unreliable, but day 5 on this 6 night cruise is the 'Chic Night' and the MDR menu has roast lamb as the meat option, for a truly unbelievable selection, tonight's menu features a 'Double Cheeseburger' or Turkey Parm as the meat options.

The every day sirloin is still there, for now at least...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

Anything in particular you were interested in knowing?

Yes, thanks. Did you notice the Indian food, grilled vegetables, and the chef’s specials (usually regional dishes that sometimes include whole grilled fish)? 

On our up coming Alaska cruises the menu states Broiled Lobster Tail *Additional lobster tail for $16.99 plus 18% gratuity. This is a 7 day sailing. Shrimp offered almost every night.  Salmon on the menu every night.  Could this be region specific or just on cruises shorter than 7 nights as previously posted.

• Like 1