Equinox Menu - Main Dining Upcharges Showing on App

thebutlerdidit

3 minutes ago, CunucuMom said:

I notice they added a double cheeseburger to the MDR menu for our September Equinox cruise.  🤣🤣

I saw that too…if that doesn’t scream fine dining I don’t know what does..😂😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

I wouldn’t have any of those items for free, never mind pay for them. Hopefully for those who want them, complaints, negative comments here and what other methods there are to give feedback to Celebrity will prompt them to change this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The description of main dining includes this:

This sophisticated restaurant with a wide range of globally-inspired dishes created by a Michelin-starred chef will provide the fine dining experience you love while you’re on vacation.”

I wonder which Michelin-starred chef gets credit for the current offerings? 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

Another money grab. Whoever the genius is that thinks up these ideas needs to get onboard a few cruises as a “ customer “ and get a feel for what flies and what doesn’t.

These “ high end “ shops onboard are another waste imho because you never see anyone buying anything from them. 

Finally , the “ affordable “ cruise momento merchandise , while not at all cheap is of poor quality so as not to be attractive for purchase.

If they stepped up the quality these items would sell big and provide Celebrity Cruises with some great onshore advertising.

• Like 2

This is completely unacceptable. Sounds like you may as well cruise RCI, which we did for years before discovering Celebrity, which was, a few years ago, so much classier. Just drop these from the MDR if necessary. That is better than this cheapo move. I hope everyone on any cruise that includes this on the menu goes to the Hotel Director to express their dissatisfaction. Or as Mick would say, "I can't get no..."

• Like 9

The celebrity app shows our June 24 , 2023 equinox sailing  menu with up charge and only breakfast on day 7 for a 8 night cruise. Not happy about up charge and will let the hotel director know once we board.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We have 7 cruises booked; 4 suites & 3 veranda.  The  3 verandas may soon be on the chopping block.

We also have 7 cruises booked; 4 suites, 1 Aqua and 2 Veranda. We’re having a similar conversation, though ours isn’t based on this rollout alone.

• Like 2

Maybe this opens the door for a new Captains Club benefit:

Elite 1 free lobster tail on a night of your choice

Elite Plus - Choice of 1 free filet mignon or lobster tail on a night of your choice

Zenith - 1 free surf & turf on a night of your choice.

• Like 3
  • Haha 17

We sailed on RCI for a lot of years and used to only get the upcharged steaks if I won enough money at the slots. Since I've never made a penny on slots on Celebrity, there will be no steaks for us!

We're now thinking that it makes more sense to book a regular cabin - even an OV - and use the fare difference for specialty dining every night and drinks. We normally book AQ but the price differentials just no longer make any sense since the only benefit we use is Blu. (Before someone scolds me, I know that Blu isn't listed as having upcharge items.)

• Like 2

Start reaching out them on social media. Comment on their posts. Message them. This is unacceptable. Entree options of tilapia, turkey, fried potatoes, etc. and then charging for any decent quality options. 

Heck no- that’s gone too far. 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Maybe this opens the door for a new Captains Club benefit:

Elite 1 free lobster tail on a night of your choice

Elite Plus - Choice of 1 free filet mignon or lobster tail on a night of your choice

Zenith - 1 free surf & turf on a night of your choice.

and Select gets a Premium Bacon Cheeseburger on the night of their choice😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Do we have any idea if this applies to Blu or Luminae? 

It is not showing any change in the app, those options are just in the MDR.

All this is making it even easier to contemplate cancelling our 2025 Japan cruise on Millennium, as this isn't the cruise line it was when we made the reservation...

• Like 1

These kind of changes are why I've decided to move up to luxury lines.  Sure I have to take fewer cruises, but the ones I do take deliver the experience I expect.  Quality over quantity. 

Maybe this is the game RCCL is playing?

• Like 2

For those ready to abandon Celebrity, I am curious about one thing. Which cruise line do you believe has a product similar to Celebrity’s pre-pandemic product? We haven’t sailed any other line, and based on complaints about other lines, we don’t see an obvious choice. We are not interested in larger vessels, and we’re unsure about smaller vessels (like Azamara) with minuscule cabins combined with higher prices. We’re looking at HAL and Princess for some of their interesting itineraries, but we see complaints there too. 

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, thebutlerdidit said:

The description of main dining includes this:

This sophisticated restaurant with a wide range of globally-inspired dishes created by a Michelin-starred chef will provide the fine dining experience you love while you’re on vacation.”

I wonder which Michelin-starred chef gets credit for the current offerings? 

Chef Mack Donald

• Haha 12

Any confirmation they are eliminating the lobster on the Chic Night?

This may be just a way to offer these dishes every night for a fee but still offer an included lobster on Chic Night. If so, they haven’t actually taken anything away. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1