Equinox Menu - Main Dining Upcharges Showing on App

thebutlerdidit

8 minutes ago, RichYak said:

The person you are responding to is on board.

I understand that but Chic Night has not actually happened yet. And I have seen plenty of inaccuracies in the app even after the cruise started. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JLMcruise said:

On our up coming Alaska cruises the menu states Broiled Lobster Tail *Additional lobster tail for $16.99 plus 18% gratuity. This is a 7 day sailing. Shrimp offered almost every night.  Salmon on the menu every night.  Could this be region specific or just on cruises shorter than 7 nights as previously posted.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, past changes have often rolled out first to specific regions. The Caribbean was first for the reductions in the OVC offerings at dinner.

9 minutes ago, RichYak said:

This isn't about lobster. This is about setting precedents. This is about crossing a line that hasn't been crossed before in fear of cheapening the brand. That line no longer exists.

My guess is the latest cost-cutting culinary (?) offerings are the brainstorm of new president Laura Hodges Bethge.  Sign of more changes on the way?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Yes, thanks. Did you notice the Indian food, grilled vegetables, and the chef’s specials (usually regional dishes that sometimes include whole grilled fish)? 

Yes. Indian selection daily at lunch and dinner- a whole buffet section. 

I do not recall grilled vegetables, but there is a grilled section with plain grilled chicken breast, minute steak or bone in pork chops (alway rock hard- don’t recommend), and tilapia. There are sautéed veggies beside these. 

Have not noticed any chefs specials- just a huge skillet presentation on some occasions at lunch. One time was macaroni and cheese, one day paella, etc. 

• Thanks 4

1 minute ago, CunucuMom said:

My guess is the latest cost-cutting culinary (?) offerings are the brainstorm of new president Laura Hodges Bethge.  Sign of more changes on the way?

It has been rumored that was a reason Lisa stepped down- she wasn’t willing to cut the Celebrity brand the way RCCL execs were pressuring her to. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, prmssk said:

I understand that but Chic Night has not actually happened yet. And I have seen plenty of inaccuracies in the app even after the cruise started. 

And staff has spoken to the fact that there is no lobster. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

I know the app is unreliable, but day 5 on this 6 night cruise is the 'Chic Night' and the MDR menu has roast lamb as the meat option, for a truly unbelievable selection, tonight's menu features a 'Double Cheeseburger' or Turkey Parm as the meat options.

The every day sirloin is still there, for now at least...

The turkey and then the potatoes for an entree options really get me. Adding a burger to that- OMG. 

Edited by kruzerci
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Post #55 is on board now and confirms no lobster or filet on any night menu, and salmon and shrimp cocktail only every other night. This is shameful. Thank goodness we are in a suite for our next two cruises; after that we may try MSC yatch club or Oceania. Or why not a luxury line for the cost of suites on X?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 39august said:

Post #55 is on board now and confirms no lobster or filet on any night menu, and salmon and shrimp cocktail only every other night. This is shameful. Thank goodness we are in a suite for our next two cruises; after that we may try MSC yatch club or Oceania. Or why not a luxury line for the cost of suites on X?

LOL not sure the suite is going to matter.  We were in a sky suite on the Apex and to tell you the truth I was not impressed.  I figure for the difference in the price I could eat in the specialties every night.  I will say I was able to ask for a filet the night there was nothing appealing to me on the regular menu. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Blu last week on the Silhouette and the food was fantastic……we could order from the MDR if we felt the need.  Lobster and Fillet Mignon available on Chic night we ordered both (surf and turf) no problem and it was delicious. We also had Fillet Mignon on the 1st night. We had very good fish Halibut and Sea Bream only thing we laughed about was shrimp cocktail has gone from 6 shrimp to 4. We had salmon a couple of nights and it was also very good. Breakfasts were delicious and everything was cooked to perfection. The fruit in Blu was excellent strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and happy to say they never ran out on the 12 night cruise. I feel Celebrity must have a wonderful chef cooking for Blu. Only had a buzzer 2 nights 10 minutes each time.

Can’t speak for MDR but I believe it was very busy long waits and people who wanted a table for 2 many times asked if they would share a table.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Diav said:

Going on the Equinox this Saturday (if we don't get cancelled due to TS or hurricane).  Will there still be lobster included in Chic night?

Just got off Equinox on Sunday. Thye had lobster 1 night..I think it was day 7.

They charged if you wanted a second lobster tail. That was only up charge I saw the whole time. We ate in MDR every night..

My whole party did order the NY Strip and then added a lobster tail a no charge

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Provence55always said:

Blu last week on the Silhouette and the food was fantastic……we could order from the MDR if we felt the need.  Lobster and Fillet Mignon available on Chic night we ordered both (surf and turf) no problem and it was delicious. We also had Fillet Mignon on the 1st night. We had very good fish Halibut and Sea Bream only thing we laughed about was shrimp cocktail has gone from 6 shrimp to 4. We had salmon a couple of nights and it was also very good. Breakfasts were delicious and everything was cooked to perfection. The fruit in Blu was excellent strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and happy to say they never ran out on the 12 night cruise. I feel Celebrity must have a wonderful chef cooking for Blu. Only had a buzzer 2 nights 10 minutes each time.

Can’t speak for MDR but I believe it was very busy long waits and people who wanted a table for 2 many times asked if they would share a table.

I’ve had wonderful Blu experiences in the past too. That’s not the topic at hand. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

I guess I never realized how important lobster is onboard; I am allergic to it, so never paid much attention.  

Me, too! 

Lobster used to be food for the poor. I know a couple of people from the Maritimes here in Canada who took lobster for their school lunches and they were embarrassed.

1 hour ago, vkb2751 said:

We are on the Equinox. All the addition cost items are on the menu. Shrimp cocktail and Salmon are only available every other day. Cheese cake only on first night. No lobster on the menu for the entire cruise. The waiter said they are trying to match Royal Carribbean menus.

relaxed luxury???????

Meenu and Vinod

I just got off Sunday 8 day cruise

Salmon and shrimp cocktail were on everyday "Classics" for got what they called it

They had

Onion Soup

Caeser Saled

Shrimp Cocktail

Salmon

NY Strio

Grilled Chicken

Every night

Lobster on 2nd Chic night ( night 7)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, zino5 said:

I just got off Sunday 8 day cruise

Salmon and shrimp cocktail were on everyday "Classics" for got what they called it

They had

Onion Soup

Caeser Saled

Shrimp Cocktail

Salmon

NY Strio

Grilled Chicken

Every night

Lobster on 2nd Chic night ( night 7)

We saw the same on our previous cruises, but there are changes on the current sailing on Equinox.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Double cheeseburger? What's next grilled Velveeta cheese and Campbell's tomato soup made with natural spring water from a can? 

No name soup and no name processed cheese spread equivalent made with ship water. Spring water and branded products would have an upcharge😂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

7 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I’ve had wonderful Blu experiences in the past too. That’s not the topic at hand. 

I’ve had a couple of bad experiences in Blu in the past. The reason we did the MoveUp to Blu was because we had heard all the negative comments about cut back in the MDR and Ocean View. 

Sorry I went off topic (according to you) but credit where credit is due.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Let the President eat tilapia, turkey casserole and Cheeseburgers!!! 🤣

HAHA! 

Right. But she won’t care, it’s just padding her bonus. She’ll be eating well elsewhere. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Double cheeseburger? What's next grilled Velveeta cheese and Campbell's tomato soup made with natural spring water from a can? 

I am shocked they haven’t come up with some form of meatloaf. Mystery meat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The changes started yesterday on Equinox. There are no classic selections- it is all in 1 menu. Will try to post pic of menu tonight. We are on btb and will see what happens next cruise as it is 8 nights.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 10