If you're on board and the MDR dinner Double Cheeseburger is on the menu, please order post pictures!

NutsAboutGolf

The Cheeseburger was there last night at around 8 edt.  I was composing a letter to Celebrity and checking the app.  Apparently they got my email and immediately changed the menu 🙂

Looks like steak diane replaced it according to the app.

• Haha 5

35 minutes ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

Sad news/ good news? No more burger on the menu. It never even saw the light of day! I wonder what happened. It got pushed from day 2 to day 6. This is the day 6 menu on the app. We’re on day 5 now and it’s not there for any other day. 

Aw, grounds for a refund!  😀

It's still a sorry, sorry menu for everyone, but especially for gluten.  Someone earlier said it looked like assisted living menu. I stayed at my dad's place frequently; his menus were way more appealing.  Please keep up the emails to corporate.  Removing a hamburger doesn't really improve it much.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

It's still a sorry, sorry menu for everyone, but especially for gluten.  Someone earlier said it looked like assisted living menu. I stayed at my dad's place frequently; his menus were way more appealing.  Please keep up the emails to corporate.  Removing a hamburger doesn't really improve it much.

Yea sadly it's pretty bad... caused me to go book a few more specialty restaurants for my upcoming sailings. I was actually hopeful the burger would be a good option compared to Turkey Parmesan. This Italian from Jersey just can't... 😝

Love Cel and am on board for some of the changes but the MDR menu cuts are not doing it for me! 

Patty 

49 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Pretty challenging if you can't eat fish or seafood also.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

Sad news/ good news? No more burger on the menu. It never even saw the light of day! I wonder what happened. It got pushed from day 2 to day 6. This is the day 6 menu on the app. We’re on day 5 now and it’s not there for any other day. 

IMG_1575.png

IMG_1576.png

Thanks for keeping your eyes on it; do you think it was replaced by anything or just outright cut?  Wonder if one can still order it off-menu

On 6/26/2023 at 11:04 AM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Yes, and unless they get a lot of negative feedback it will be rolled out to all ships.

I wouldn't be surprised if they care less about verbal/written complaints, to them, "negative feedback" is defined by a drop in bookings

Edited by NutsAboutGolf
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Thanks for keeping your eyes on it; do you think it was replaced by anything or just outright cut?  Wonder if one can still order it off-menu

Sirloin Steak Diane was added to day 6 for the current sailing when the cheeseburger disappeared.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

IMG_1575.png

IMG_1576.png

Isn't it kind of stupid to have two types of steak as entree choices? 

With the announced changes to the Caribbean sailings, 3 and 4 days on Equinox and 6 night sailings on Beyond throughout the summer in 2024 I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 versions of the MDR menu. One for these Caribbean sailings which are obviously geared towards families with kids, and other sailings throughout the world. The other sailings would have menu's more appealing to traditional Celebrity cruisers. 

Courtesy of AI / GPTChat:

Oh, hear the tale of Celebrity Cruises grand,
A gustatory delight, oh so unplanned!
They set sail upon the deep blue sea,
With double cheeseburgers, a culinary spree.

But alas! The passengers cried in despair,
As the tasteless burgers just weren't fair.
After ten days of disappointing bites,
The cruise line made a daring choice, alright!

They gathered the chefs, with serious faces,
Saying, "Farewell to these burger disgraces!"
No more rubbery patties, dry as a bone,
Double cheeseburgers, forever dethroned.

The diners rejoiced, their taste buds set free,
No longer subjected to such mediocrity.
The ship sailed on, with culinary grace,
No longer burdened by burgers so misplaced.

Celebrity Cruises learned a lesson that day,
That sometimes the tastiest treats must stray.
For now, they'll seek new culinary thrills,
And leave the double cheeseburgers on the hills.

So farewell, tasteless patties, we say with glee,
May your memory fade, like a distant sea.
We'll remember this tale, with laughter and jest,
As Celebrity Cruises sets sail for the best!

• Haha 4

Guest 4-2-N-8
6 hours ago, cw2go said:

Yea sadly it's pretty bad... caused me to go book a few more specialty restaurants for my upcoming sailings. I was actually hopeful the burger would be a good option compared to Turkey Parmesan. This Italian from Jersey just can't... 😝

Love Cel and am on board for some of the changes but the MDR menu cuts are not doing it for me! 

Patty 

For dinners, I book Le Voyage, Raw on 5, and Eden only. Won't even go to Luminae for dinner.

Room service only for breakfast every day.

Edited by 4-2-N-8

8 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

For dinners, I book Le Voyage, Raw on 5, and Eden only. Won't even go to Luminae for dinner.

Room service only for breakfast every day.

So only sailing on the Beyond and Ascent I guess.

Guest 4-2-N-8
17 minutes ago, jelayne said:

So only sailing on the Beyond and Ascent I guess.

Correct, at least to date and so far.

5 hours ago, CaribbeanBound said:

Did I miss it, or are we really 138 replies into this thread without the picture requested by the OP?

And now the thread is closed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1