Butler in Suite

dolphin lady

1 hour ago, dolphin lady said:

I will be on the Pearl in three weeks in a suite with a butler. If I order breakfast and my butler brings it, do I still pay for the breakfast or is it like in the Haven were there is no charge?

I don't know but I would advise you to ask the butler before ordering.  I wouldn't rely upon what you hear on CC.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mantadiver said:

There is no charge. You order off a menu that includes omelets, bacon etc. It's great if you have an early morning excursion. Otherwise we go to the Haven restaurant for breakfast.

I almost answered the same way, however I believe @dolphin lady may be in a suite, but not a Haven suite. I'm not sure what the perks are for a suite compared to Haven suite. 

There are “door hangers” in your room you may fill out, asking for anything they serve on the ship to be delivered for breakfast.  They offer a time range, for delivery time of your choosing.  
We usually fill them out and leave them in the room for the butler the night before.

Not only will the butler bring your breakfast at no charge during the time frame (half hour increments) you mark on your order card, they will lay out a tablecloth and arrange the covered dishes very nicely on the table.  It feels very luxurious and is a great way to go if you have an early morning excursion.  I'll often order a bold breakfast so I can be getting ready to go while I eat.  Quite a time saver.

15 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

I almost answered the same way, however I believe @dolphin lady may be in a suite, but not a Haven suite. I'm not sure what the perks are for a suite compared to Haven suite. 

I am in a suite right now that does not have the Haven. So my answer is based on that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mantadiver said:

I am in a suite right now that does not have the Haven. So my answer is based on that.

Ok. Your last line, 

19 hours ago, mantadiver said:

Otherwise we go to the Haven restaurant for breakfast.

was confusing to me as I thought it meant you order in or you go to the Haven Restaurant. 

Thanks for clarifying! 

I am not in the Haven. Have a suite with a butler, but doesn't allow use of the Haven or their resturant. I have been in a Haven before and enjoyed the amenities...However, with the difference in cost we thought we would try a suite with the butler.

The Jewel class ships have no Haven restaurant all suite guests eat breakfast in Modernaro. Which is open early on port days offering speedy service for those with early excursions. As far as eating in suite, there is a special menu hang tag that you put out the night before and the butler delivers it to your suite, we used this service on Glacier Bay day in AK and on Canal morning in Panama, at that time there was no charge for the service - but we have not crusied post COVID.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dolphin lady said:

I am not in the Haven. Have a suite with a butler, but doesn't allow use of the Haven or their resturant. I have been in a Haven before and enjoyed the amenities...However, with the difference in cost we thought we would try a suite with the butler.

We had a non-Haven suite on the Prima in April. We had a butler and enjoyed complimentary room service, including the Haven breakfast menu.

Just now, Pitzel said:

We had a non-Haven suite on the Prima in April. We had a butler and enjoyed complimentary room service, including the Haven breakfast menu.

I had read that Prima had  "suite" cabins with Butler and Concierges but wasn't part of the Haven.  I had the same sort of "suite" on the Gem.  Not in the Haven but with access to a Butler and Concierge.  My concierge set up shop in Moderno and had set hours.  But, she also responded via phone, which I could call from my cabin.

Nice to see Prima is doing the same thing....a suite without the Haven cost.

i think most NCL ships have non-haven suites with butler service and breakfast and lunch privileges in a dedicated restaurant (not the haven restaurant), with the notable exception of the joy. they have the suites, but they carry very few suite benefits and have no butler.

6 minutes ago, UKstages said:

i think most NCL ships have non-haven suites with butler service and breakfast and lunch privileges in a dedicated restaurant (not the haven restaurant), with the notable exception of the joy. they have the suites, but they carry very few suite benefits and have no butler.

There are no Concierge and Butler suites on the Breakaway and Breakaway Plus ships.  Jewel Class does, and now, it appears the Prima does, too.

Not sure about Spririt class as I've never sailed them.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I had read that Prima had  "suite" cabins with Butler and Concierges but wasn't part of the Haven.  I had the same sort of "suite" on the Gem.  Not in the Haven but with access to a Butler and Concierge.  My concierge set up shop in Moderno and had set hours.  But, she also responded via phone, which I could call from my cabin.

Nice to see Prima is doing the same thing....a suite without the Haven cost.

We had complementary breakfast in Cagney's available to us as suite guests. The assistant concierge set up shop there in the mornings and we got to know him well. We couldn't access the Haven complex or sun deck, but we didn't think that we would use it much considering our son is under 16 and wouldn't be allowed in the sundeck/pool area anyway. On other ships, there is a lot more for under-16s in the Haven than on the Prima.

20 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

There are no Concierge and Butler suites on the Breakaway...

i don't believe there are any non-haven suites at all on the breakaway or the getaway, etc. 

i should have said that non-haven suites come with suite benefits on most ships (that have suites). obviously, you cant get suite benefits if you're not in a suite or if your ship does not have suites. i was less than precise with my language and the use of the word "most."  i regret the error.

the point is, until they took the suite benefits away on the joy, all non-haven suites came with breakfast and lunch privileges and a butler. (not club balcony "suites," which aren't really suites.) but again, you can't get suite benefits if your ship does not have any suites.

Edited by UKstages

29 minutes ago, UKstages said:

the point is, until they took the suite benefits away on the joy, all non-haven suites came with breakfast and lunch privileges and a butler.

The water became muddy when NCL started to take away benefits for suites even before taking away the benefits on Joy. Back in 2018, people started to notice that NCL added wording such as "Includes butler and concierge service in select cabins...." even though they were all suites (SN). People who booked before the changes lost butler service if their cruise was later. Some cruises were cancelled due to Covid so there wasn't a barrage of complaints on the forum. NCL should have honored what people had listed when booked but.....😟

1 hour ago, UKstages said:

i don't believe there are any non-haven suites at all on the breakaway or the getaway, etc....

We had a "Club Balcony Suite" on the Getaway, but it wasn't a suite, there was no club, and there were no extra amenities. Very nice cabin and balcony though.

1 hour ago, omahabob said:

We had a "Club Balcony Suite" on the Getaway, but it wasn't a suite, there was no club, and there were no extra amenities. Very nice cabin and balcony though.

Club Balcony Cabins are nice…particularly the bathroom!  Plus, they come with a nice laundry perk!

I think the term “Club” is simply a designation to differentiate it from a regular balcony cabin….not that it is part of any “club”!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 6/21/2023 at 12:10 PM, RocketMan275 said:

I don't know but I would advise you to ask the butler before ordering.  I wouldn't rely upon what you hear on CC.

Even the CSR on the phone aren't fully sure if an SN category room is sure to get a butler and concierge?

Management needs to be made to read what is posted for their rooms. I will be on the NCL Jade in 2025 and two out of three reps can't officially say I will get a butler and the concierge!

It is an aft facing penthouse suite WCA and one rep said IT SHOULD get them. Why is there no accountability for Management at NCL? Some parts of their sites still have old terms for things like ULTIMATE drink pkg  instead of the new name Premium drink pkg.  Then in the coding it labels it UBP like Ultimate Beverage Package! So sad.

4 hours ago, rgruenhaus said:

Even the CSR on the phone aren't fully sure if an SN category room is sure to get a butler and concierge?

CSRs are minimum wage call center personnel who can only provide responses based on what they can "google" on their call center system. If they are not a good "googler", you won't get a response. Some poor call center person can't be expected to know every nuisances on every ship for every cabin class.

If you initiated a query asking them to google "SN" benefits on the Jade in an aft suite, it is likely going to get nothing that matches all of those search criteria. 

You will get a butler.

Your concierge will be sitting at a table in the suites dining room at breakfast and lunch. 

You do not have access to the Haven. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

On 6/22/2023 at 12:33 PM, Pitzel said:

Can you clarify that you had the HAVEN breakfast menu? 

Other reports have said that it is just whatever is available for uncharge on the room service breakfast menu, except that it is free (omelettes, etc.).

• Like 1