Earliest you’ve booked thread?

zitsky

10 hours ago, chemmo said:

If we do have to miss a cruise for unforeseen circumstances we tent to simply shift the deposit to another cruise rather than cancel or try to claim on insurance.

It wasn’t possible to do that, as cruising stopped for at least a year. When it did restart we were only allowed to cruise around the British Isles.

34 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

It wasn’t possible to do that, as cruising stopped for at least a year. When it did restart we were only allowed to cruise around the British Isles.

What were the B2Bs like?

21 hours ago, mahdnc said:

We have taken several cruises right after the NYE cruise.  Some of the Christmas decorations were still up. When we took our Jan 2 2018 cruise out of Sydney, here is what the Grand Foyer looked like on Jan 4 aboard Solstice:

image.thumb.jpeg.70cf1d53bb03fc58c2ae8cf9c1e37897.jpeg

I think part of the reason they left the decorations up in the Grand Foyer was for the ship's photographers:

image.thumb.jpeg.4f57b4dc67389b7011d95711476db0e7.jpeg

Thanks for all those pics.  Yes we certainly plan to get to Bali early for NYE.  I wish we could stretch back all the way to Christmas but no.  As I’ve said that cruise is a bit more pricey.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2023 at 10:27 PM, 4-2-N-8 said:

You all are serious cruisers. 

Booked two westbound Transatlantics on QM2 (to follow the footsteps of the Titanic - very eery with what is now in the news) in two different QG stateroom locations.

Doing first one in September 2024 and the other in April 2025 (to do a crossing same month as Titanic - yikes). Very eery, but booked well ahead of current events.

Depending upon which stateroom we prefer, we're looking to book same room for a world cruise (or more likely, partial world to the segments we want to see).

On your itineraries, is there anything special done when they arrive/pass the wreck location?

BTW, Polar Prince--the mothership for the ill fated submersible, Titan--can be seen on MarineTraffic leaving the accident site and heading back to her home port in St. Johns, Newfoundland.  A very sad and long ride home.

image.png.2ca58c1ee9fdf5cdd5b21377bd15a865.png

Guest 4-2-N-8
48 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

On your itineraries, is there anything special done when they arrive/pass the wreck location?

BTW, Polar Prince--the mothership for the ill fated submersible, Titan--can be seen on MarineTraffic leaving the accident site and heading back to her home port in St. Johns, Newfoundland.  A very sad and long ride home.

image.png.2ca58c1ee9fdf5cdd5b21377bd15a865.png

From my research, and perhaps oddly (or not) they seem to never sail over the site, and actually not even too close to the site (remaining at least 15 to 20 miles distant).

IMO, I think they want to avoid anyone throwing anything overboard that might land near Titanic.

1 minute ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

From my research, and perhaps oddly (or not) they seem to never sail over the site, and actually not even too close to the site (remaining at least 15 to 20 miles distant).

IMO, I think they want to avoid anyone throwing anything overboard that might land near Titanic.

That makes a lot of sense.  BTW, judging from your screen name, numbers are important to you.  If so, you may want to post quickly to change your post count.

image.png.7f65a0d8ae7312d901fbd2945b0cac9d.png

We book Edge-class sailings as soon as possible after the itineraries are released, because we prefer the "real" verandas of the Sunset Veranda category and they sell out fast. For example, we booked a 04/07/25 Beyond sailing on 12/13/2022 (28 months). We also get a refundable deposit, but because fares usually go up over time we find that it's still more affordable with the refundable deposit than booking later.

It seems like the cost of refundable deposits is creeping higher (just seems that way; may or may not be true). If that is a trend and it continues, it would be harder for us to book that far in advance because we want to option to cancel if our plans change.  

2 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

We book Edge-class sailings as soon as possible after the itineraries are released, because we prefer the "real" verandas of the Sunset Veranda category and they sell out fast. For example, we booked a 04/07/25 Beyond sailing on 12/13/2022 (28 months). We also get a refundable deposit, but because fares usually go up over time we find that it's still more affordable with the refundable deposit than booking later.

It seems like the cost of refundable deposits is creeping higher (just seems that way; may or may not be true). If that is a trend and it continues, it would be harder for us to book that far in advance because we want to option to cancel if our plans change.  

My understanding of the new Deposit is the Deposit is 10% of the cruise fare or the Standard Deposit (whichever is higher). 

It would make sense that if cruise prices are raising you might notice that the deposits are raising of over the standard deposit level. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

My understanding of the new Deposit is the Deposit is 10% of the cruise fare or the Standard Deposit (whichever is higher). 

It would make sense that if cruise prices are raising you might notice that the deposits are raising of over the standard deposit level. 

I took "It seems like the cost of refundable deposits is creeping higher" to mean the refundable deposit fares.