Independence of the Seas

Hi 

I will be on Independence this November with my daughter (1st mother/daughter trip!!). In the past on other RCCL ships, we were able to go up to the Viking Crown Lounge. I know things have changed throughout the years but wondered if that area still exists on Independence? 

Thanks!

The Viking Crown Lounge is still open to everyone. I was up there this past weekend 6/17/23. Unfortunately there were only a few people (like three including me) and the bar wasn't open even though it was supposed to.

I've rarely seen this space do well on any of the ships so I understand why they've been repurposing it on other ships. It seems like they just don't put a lot of effort into building it up. Personally think if they just played all Sinatra all the time it would rocking.

7 hours ago, NO_Member_Name said:

The Viking Crown Lounge is still open to everyone. I was up there this past weekend 6/17/23. Unfortunately there were only a few people (like three including me) and the bar wasn't open even though it was supposed to.

I've rarely seen this space do well on any of the ships so I understand why they've been repurposing it on other ships. It seems like they just don't put a lot of effort into building it up. Personally think if they just played all Sinatra all the time it would rocking.

Maybe it is not used much in the Caribbean. In e.g. Alaska and Northern Europe it is always full because it is the only inside viewing area. Without it one of the best places would be missing.

We enjoyed using the DL up there last July & October. Been sailing mostly Oasis class for several years and it’s so much nicer than going down to “the basement” for the coffee machine or evening snacks.

14 hours ago, NO_Member_Name said:

Am I the only person in the world who cannot stand Sinatra?

Awful mood hoover. 

On 6/21/2023 at 7:01 PM, Eastern flygirl said:

Independence of the Seas is a great ship.  The service and staff are excellent and the food is good. It is showing her age, but is clean and easy to find your way around.  I have been on her many times and never been disappointed.

Just curious, how do you know the service and staff will be excellent in November?  I live in  Florida and frequently do short cruises on both Independence and Freedom. Since these two ships replaced Navigator and Mariner, the staff on Freedom has consistently been better than the staff on Independence, although the staff on Independence was still good. 

On 6/23/2023 at 10:24 PM, NO_Member_Name said:

Oh please no! In moderation only. I can only take so much of the same thing over and over. 😐

In response to Philly Fan, no, I can’t guarantee the ship will be excellent in November.  A restaurant may be great the first visit, but not so much the second time. I am only speaking of my experiences on my last eight cruises on the Independence.  I live close to Port Canaveral and cruise once or twice a month.  Jewel, is the only ship I have been critical about and not sorry to see her leave PC.

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2023 at 10:24 PM, NO_Member_Name said:

Personally think if they just played all Sinatra all the time it would rocking.

Lol, I don't think that I've ever used "Sinatra" and "rocking" in the same sentence.

• Haha 5

On 6/25/2023 at 12:18 AM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Just curious, how do you know the service and staff will be excellent in November?  I live in  Florida and frequently do short cruises on both Independence and Freedom. Since these two ships replaced Navigator and Mariner, the staff on Freedom has consistently been better than the staff on Independence, although the staff on Independence was still good. 

My experience is opposite, which is why I stuck with Indy. Indy has had fantastic service on all of my sailings.