13 Days to go and GTY cabin still not allocated

Booked a "GTY" guaranteed veranda cabin and we still haven't been allocated a cabin number with 13 days to go until start of cruise. TA reached out to Silversea who replied that it could be allocated any time between now and departure!

I thought cabins were allocated at worst 2 - 3 weeks out. Has anyone else experienced possibly not knowing cabin number until embarkation?

2 hours ago, 1954 said:

Booked a "GTY" guaranteed veranda cabin and we still haven't been allocated a cabin number with 13 days to go until start of cruise. TA reached out to Silversea who replied that it could be allocated any time between now and departure!

I thought cabins were allocated at worst 2 - 3 weeks out. Has anyone else experienced possibly not knowing cabin number until embarkation?

As was told to you suites can be allocated at time of embarkation.

Come back and tell us if you were upgraded to an owners suite.😀

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, 1954 said:

Last year I had a guarantee cabin assigned on a Monday for a cruise leaving on the Friday so I don’t think your situation is unusual. 

7 hours ago, mchell810 said:

Last year I had a guarantee cabin assigned on a Monday for a cruise leaving on the Friday so I don’t think your situation is unusual. 

Thanks for that. I got the impression from reading on the forums that things were resolved by the 2 week mark. Obviously not the case.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jpalbny said:

We booked our first GTY ever on a WC segment for January 2025. I expect it to be assigned some time after I get on the plane to Hong Kong.

Good planning: low expectations = no disappointment 😉

Edited by mchell810
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Aloha Boy said:

I booked a Guarantee Veranda Category as well. But I was told by my TA that Cabin Assignment is done by the ship and you will find out your assignment when you board.

Hi, that is not 100% correct. I have booked gty cabins before and received my cabin number before sailing. The last time I had one, the cabin was assigned when I received my e docs, which was about 2 weeks before sailing.

To the OP, another option is to call SS directly and ask them if they can get that cabin number for you.

13 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi, that is not 100% correct. I have booked gty cabins before and received my cabin number before sailing. The last time I had one, the cabin was assigned when I received my e docs, which was about 2 weeks before sailing.

To the OP, another option is to call SS directly and ask them if they can get that cabin number for you.

That's basically why I started this thread. I received my e docs, but no cabin assigned. I thought that was strange - but apparently not. Since my cruise was booked via TA and they didn't get answer, I don't see much point in trying SS direct. Anyway, it's more a "nice to know", the world won't end unless we turn up at the dock and find we don't have a cabin 🤪

1 hour ago, 1954 said:

That's basically why I started this thread. I received my e docs, but no cabin assigned. I thought that was strange - but apparently not. Since my cruise was booked via TA and they didn't get answer, I don't see much point in trying SS direct. Anyway, it's more a "nice to know", the world won't end unless we turn up at the dock and find we don't have a cabin 🤪

Have you looked under 'Details' on your booking on my.silversea.com?  They will assign the cabin but not notify you.  We were assigned about 11-12 days out.  

21 minutes ago, texanaust said:

Have you looked under 'Details' on your booking on my.silversea.com?  They will assign the cabin but not notify you.  We were assigned about 11-12 days out.  

Yep, checking there. Interestingly no one has reported only finding out when checking in, so we don't know if that is a possibility or not.

7 minutes ago, 1954 said:

Yep, checking there. Interestingly no one has reported only finding out when checking in, so we don't know if that is a possibility or not.

I’ve pretty much always booked a GTY Vista for the Muse class ships (probably 7 in total including several eventual Covid cancellations) and have probably been assigned a few weeks after booking which mostly has been at least 18 months out. My next sailing now, is Jan 2024 on Dawn, which I booked Jan 2022. I knew my assignment (veranda upgrade) in March 2022 and has remained the same number since that date.

I’ve no idea why this has been the case each time, but suspect it’s my SS consultant who I’ve used since 2015 giving it a helping hand. He’s now been promoted and I expect my newly assigned one won’t be so forthcoming. It’s not something I’ve “expected” and to be honest, whilst grateful it’s been done, it wouldn’t be a problem if done much later. So the ship may well be left to assign near boarding time, but it certainly isn’t how it must be done or at least not from personal experience.

I do realise that some people get cabins assigned to GTY's many months in advance, but that's not the issue here.

Simply asking if anyone has experienced the opposite i.e. not having a cabin assigned until checking in at the dock?

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 4:12 AM, 1954 said:

Its the lifeboats for you!!!😃 

• Haha 3

I am in the same boat (NPI - okay, maybe I did intend it a little bit...).  I am traveling with a multigenerational family group.  We had four cabins in the cheap seats.  All the cheap seats are on Deck 4.  I assumed we would be one big happy family down on that deck together.  Then my father and stepmother got their cabin assignment on Deck 5.  My brother, traveling with two college-aged children, got his room assignments last week with both rooms on Deck 7.  My husband and I are still waiting.  We are wondering if we are the only ones who won't be upgraded.  It's clear the family won't all be together (not a big deal).  We are 14 days out now and would really love to know ahead of time where our cabin is.  It helps me plan my days better to know what's close to us. 

• Like 1