The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday June 26th, 2023

richwmn

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

quirky pains

The bruising that I was expecting hasn't developed, although people at work noticed that one side of my face is a bit swollen and red. However, whether from the fall or from the weather, I ache all over.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

Good evening, 

DH, Phil,  has had a quiet day and is still with us. The hospital chaplain stopped in and we had a chat. DS, Jeff, came about 9:30 for an hour then returned to work. He came back about 5:00 and he's staying until 9:00 or so. 

I talked with the social worker today and she's arranging for hospice at home starting Wednesday or Thursday if DH is hanging in. His goal the last few months has always been to cruise and to "go home" so I feel I'm honoring that wish in trying to make it happen. With not eating and his kidneys shutting down I'm told it could be a few more days so if we can make it work I really want it to happen. 

DH is resting comfortably and they started him on a morphine drip this afternoon - low dose - as he can't tell us where or if he's hurting. When I left his color was good except his fingers and he'd opened his eyes a few times. 

One of the nurse's from the Care Center came by today to see him. She brought a package of Hersey's Hugs and a nice card signed by many of the staff. It was so thoughtful of them. 

Life's a journey and I want his ending to be what he would want. 

Thank you everyone!!

Karen

• Like 4
  • Thanks 27

18 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Good evening, 

DH, Phil,  has had a quiet day and is still with us. The hospital chaplain stopped in and we had a chat. DS, Jeff, came about 9:30 for an hour then returned to work. He came back about 5:00 and he's staying until 9:00 or so. 

I talked with the social worker today and she's arranging for hospice at home starting Wednesday or Thursday if DH is hanging in. His goal the last few months has always been to cruise and to "go home" so I feel I'm honoring that wish in trying to make it happen. With not eating and his kidneys shutting down I'm told it could be a few more days so if we can make it work I really want it to happen. 

DH is resting comfortably and they started him on a morphine drip this afternoon - low dose - as he can't tell us where or if he's hurting. When I left his color was good except his fingers and he'd opened his eyes a few times. 

One of the nurse's from the Care Center came by today to see him. She brought a package of Hersey's Hugs and a nice card signed by many of the staff. It was so thoughtful of them. 

Thank you everyone!!

Karen

Karen, thank you for taking the time to give us an update.  I'm glad Phil is resting comfortably.  Over the past months you've done everything humanly possible for Phil to make his wishes happen.  Home hospice will be a wonderful way to help make that happen.

It was very nice of the nurse from the care center to stop by and to bring the candy and card.  You and Phil have touched many lives and made them brighter while you were on this journey.

Take care of yourself and get some rest, knowing that all of us are here for you.

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for updating us Karen. I’m glad Phil is receiving comfort care and that Jeff could be with you much of the day. Visits with the chaplain is good at this stage. But you also need some time to yourself to process this shift. After all these months and tge wonderful birthday and concert trip this shift must seem sudden. You are doing an amazing job keeping Phil’s wishes foremost. I’m glad to hear you are getting help from hospice. They are good at what they do. Know that whether you post or not we’re with you, around the world all hours of the day and night. Sending blessings and angels to Phil, you and Jeff and all the Care team. I wish I could send you some homemade cookies!  You deserve some after all the treats you’ve brought to others. 
Maureen

• Like 11

7 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good evening, 

Thank you everyone!!

Karen

Karen

Praying that Phil rests comfortably and that you and Jeff find comfort in arranging for in home hospice. I had hoped Phil’s journey would be different. 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good evening, 

Thank you everyone!!

Karen

Hugs to you, Karen.  I hope during this journey you can feel the Daily family with you.  

• Like 6