future cruise office onboard

jjones1622

3 hours ago, jjones1622 said:

Has anyone had a previous reservation and pursuaded the future cruise office to "sign you up again" for bonus OBC?  I could always cancel and rebook onboard, but what a hassel.

Once the booking is made, the Future Cruise staff have no way to cancel it, alter it or add anything to it.

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Once the booking is made, the Future Cruise staff have no way to cancel it, alter it or add anything to it.

The Future Cruise Staff on the Beyond was able to make an adjustment to our next year cruise reservation.    

Suggestion re: Future Cruise Dept on board

If you are not prepared to make a booking on board, it might be a good idea to purchase a Future Cruise Certificate. How it works if you don't cruise in suites :

Cost $ 200 ( US )

Must book a cruise within 6 months of purchase

The $ 200 you paid for the Certificate is applied as the deposit instead of $900

Based on the number of nights of the cruise, you receive additional OBC over what the cruise price is.  Example-- Cruise price includes $400 OBC, certificate based on10 nights adds another $200 OBC -- $ 600 Non refundable OBC  ( not enough to purchase a preloved Rolex ).

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

Suggestion re: Future Cruise Dept on board

If you are not prepared to make a booking on board, it might be a good idea to purchase a Future Cruise Certificate. How it works if you don't cruise in suites :

Cost $ 200 ( US )

Must book a cruise within 6 months of purchase

The $ 200 you paid for the Certificate is applied as the deposit instead of $900

Based on the number of nights of the cruise, you receive additional OBC over what the cruise price is.  Example-- Cruise price includes $400 OBC, certificate based on10 nights adds another $200 OBC -- $ 600 Non refundable OBC  ( not enough to purchase a preloved Rolex ).

My wife Bought the Rolex anyway.

Both the Rolex and the price were quite stunning..........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Booking on board the deposit is $100 per person except for some suites.

is that still the policy after the new 10% deposit system was implemented.  I thought I read on the initial posting here that it would be the same for booking on-board.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

is that still the policy after the new 10% deposit system was implemented.  I thought I read on the initial posting here that it would be the same for booking on-board.  

I have one of those certificates that I purchased in May; you still get the extra OBC, but had my crystal ball worked, I would have passed on this offer.  It is refunded(200 for certificate)if not used in 6 months, but don’t expect it to be there without calling, IMHO!  Yes, when I recently spoke with Celebrity, I was told that 10% for a lower suite was the new policy if booked onboard for extra OBC.  So many cruise lines are making these monetary changes on so many things.  I just got lucky with one cruise I booked on Oceania; it might be one and done, but who knows.  However, I will enjoy a new ship and vibe, rather than flying to Lisbon...TBD

Edited by Lastdance