Suite Room Service - MDR

HI there...I'm super excited.  I was able to score a good deal on a CLS for my upcoming cruise on Allure of the Seas.  It's our first CLS!

Anyway, it's been several years since I had my one and only other suite (GS) and I can't remember if you can order room service from the MDR menu?  I believe I read you can for dinner, but can you order from the MDR for breakfast and lunch when they are open.  I also feel like I asked this question months ago, but can't find it.  

If so, do you just order it from room service or how does it work? Do you have access to those menus and do you just call room service to order?  

Thanks in advance.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, slyster said:

HI there...I'm super excited.  I was able to score a good deal on a CLS for my upcoming cruise on Allure of the Seas.  It's our first CLS!

Anyway, it's been several years since I had my one and only other suite (GS) and I can't remember if you can order room service from the MDR menu?  I believe I read you can for dinner, but can you order from the MDR for breakfast and lunch when they are open.  I also feel like I asked this question months ago, but can't find it.  

If so, do you just order it from room service or how does it work? Do you have access to those menus and do you just call room service to order?  

Thanks in advance.  

The room service menus are on the app. I asked if there were copies in drawers when I was on allure and was told look on the app. I got sick and wanted room service.

Hi there...I know where to find room service menus and how to order room service.  

Can you order from the MDR menu for breakfast and lunch when it's open?  If so, do you just call room service to do that?  

You did get me thinking though...the MDR breakfast and lunch menus are on the app so that definitely helpful!

Not sure what a CLS is?  But you can order some of your meals to be delivered from Coastal Kitchen if you are in a Suite.  They are open for every meal so why would you need food from the MDR.  If CLS stands for Crown Loft suite, then why wouldn't you spend your time in concierge and Coastal Kitchen for your meals?  They do deliver

8 minutes ago, dasi11 said:

Not sure what a CLS is?  But you can order some of your meals to be delivered from Coastal Kitchen if you are in a Suite.  They are open for every meal so why would you need food from the MDR.  If CLS stands for Crown Loft suite, then why wouldn't you spend your time in concierge and Coastal Kitchen for your meals?  They do deliver

Yes, Crown Loft Suite.  And wow, I didn't know you could order room service from Costal Kitchen! that would be much easier, since we are already on Deck 17. 

How do you order from Coastal Kitchen for breakfast?  Just call the regular room service number?  

Every ship is different but it has been my experience that ordering room service by phone is a true hassle.  I have found that having the Concierge take care of my order is the fastest and easiest way.  Truthfully, I have no idea if your food is prepared and delivered from the CK or from the MDR.  One would think that the CK would be more convenient for the suites on 17 but who knows…. It really doesn’t matter.  Wherever it comes from….is fine.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, slyster said:

Yes, Crown Loft Suite.  And wow, I didn't know you could order room service from Costal Kitchen! that would be much easier, since we are already on Deck 17. 

How do you order from Coastal Kitchen for breakfast?  Just call the regular room service number?  

Im not sure that is accurate.  My recollection is MDR for dinner and normal room service otherwise.   We did mdr dinner room service one night on our last cruise (because my son wasn’t feeling well) and it was actually quite good (although I think we randomly a good menu night).  But we had a two bedroom grand suite with a huge balcony and a dining table.  I’m pretty certain it didn’t come from the CK.  

FYI.  Imo the CLS are not a good set up for eating in your room for dinner.  The balcony doesn’t have a dining table.  It’s fine if you want a meal for convenience, but even the table inside is more like a desk.  Not exactly a great ambiance.  I’d always eat in a restaurant before in cabin unless there was a compelling reason.  

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Every ship is different but it has been my experience that ordering room service by phone is a true hassle.  I have found that having the Concierge take care of my order is the fastest and easiest way.  Truthfully, I have no idea if your food is prepared and delivered from the CK or from the MDR.  One would think that the CK would be more convenient for the suites on 17 but who knows…. It really doesn’t matter.  Wherever it comes from….is fine.  

But the menu you order from?   I don’t recall it being the CK?   I’m struggling to remember because we rarely eat a full meal in our cabin except when we go Star class.  However, I believe in sky class it is the MDR menu for dinner, not the CK menu.  Any idea?

2 hours ago, slyster said:

Thanks in advance.  

FYI, if you want you can always ask (in the CK) for a to go dessert for later and just take it to the fridge in your cabin and enjoy it later.   

I’m mostly looking for breakfast in our cabin.  I noticed the set up for the room and don’t see a table outside and a small one inside the door.  The more I”m thinking about it, it would mostly be for room service on days we have tours and I’m pretty sure the dining room and CK are closed for breakfast on port days.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, topnole said:

But the menu you order from?   I don’t recall it being the CK?   I’m struggling to remember because we rarely eat a full meal in our cabin except when we go Star class.  However, I believe in sky class it is the MDR menu for dinner, not the CK menu.  Any idea?

I’m pretty sure it’s either the from the MDR menu or the regular room service menu (i.e, not the CK menu).  Truthfully, I don’t remember ever looking at any menu for breakfast.  I just wrote down what I wanted for breakfast and gave it to the Concierge.  I tried a number of times to call a room service order in and never had any luck getting anyone to answer,  I finally just gave up and had the Concierge do it.  I truly have no idea where it was cooked.  It was just breakfast.  It came from wherever it came from.

• Like 1

We usually stay in OS's and I just call using the in cabin phone that says room service. I tell them I'm ordering from the MDR menu...tell them what I want. We like to order breakfast and at night we call just before the dining room closes and order dessert.

You can order breakfast, lunch or dinner during their open hours.

40 minutes ago, slyster said:

I have read other posts where folks recommend asking the concierge to place orders for you when ordering off mdr menu. 

That would depend on timing right?...I'd rather do this myself. We've never had any problems....it's really no big deal.

43 minutes ago, slyster said:

I have read other posts where folks recommend asking the concierge to place orders for you when ordering off mdr menu. 

I have never had to do this.  It's easy to order from your room and if the menus are not there they are on your app and in the lounge.

I figured it is just as easy to do it myself too. I also just saw our menus and it seems the MDR is open every day for breakfast.  

I’ll be ordering room service.  I’m guessing you call as opposed to writing it in your room service card?  We have always left the card on our outside door knob.  

1 hour ago, slyster said:

I figured it is just as easy to do it myself too. I also just saw our menus and it seems the MDR is open every day for breakfast.  

I’ll be ordering room service.  I’m guessing you call as opposed to writing it in your room service card?  We have always left the card on our outside door knob.  

Coastal Kitchen will also be open for breakfast every day.  It's also open for lunch daily, doesn't matter if it's a port day or sea day.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I’m pretty sure it’s either the from the MDR menu or the regular room service menu (i.e, not the CK menu).  Truthfully, I don’t remember ever looking at any menu for breakfast.  I just wrote down what I wanted for breakfast and gave it to the Concierge.  I tried a number of times to call a room service order in and never had any luck getting anyone to answer,  I finally just gave up and had the Concierge do it.  I truly have no idea where it was cooked.  It was just breakfast.  It came from wherever it came from.

Never gave a room service order to a SL concierge.  I’ll keep that one in mind.  Thanks.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rockmom said:

Coastal Kitchen will also be open for breakfast every day.  It's also open for lunch daily, doesn't matter if it's a port day or sea day.  

But watch the times.  They can close pretty early for lunch on a couple of the days.  

12 hours ago, slyster said:

We get a scrap piece of paper, look at the MDR menu for the evening, jot down what we want to order, and then just call the Room Service number and tell them we are ordering from the MDR menu and read off our choices. Usually they will quote you 30-45 minutes, but they rarely take that long to deliver suite orders. There is no charge, so we always tip the delivery person. We have never tried to order breakfast from CK - their breakfast menu is virtually identical to the MDR breakfast menu, so we never saw the need.

I had a Grand Suite on Adventure.  We had a nice table on our balcony.  We ordered some items from the main dining room menu, some items from the room service menu.  I got the main dining room menu on my app and the room service menu was in the drawer.  We ate outside and it was lovely!  It came quickly and was hot and tasty!  We really enjoyed it. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Wanna Be Retired said:

I had a Grand Suite on Adventure.  We had a nice table on our balcony.  We ordered some items from the main dining room menu, some items from the room service menu.  I got the main dining room menu on my app and the room service menu was in the drawer.  We ate outside and it was lovely!  It came quickly and was hot and tasty!  We really enjoyed it. 

We just got off of Mariner last week in a GS, and dined on our balcony 4 evenings out of a 6-night cruise - just a marvelous way to enjoy dinner, each other, and the sea at the same time.

• Like 4

We were in an Owners Suite this Spring on Explorer and Royal Suite last year on Adventure.  Neither had CLS.  But had big inside table and chairs.  In both cases, it was very easy and quick to use the phone, press the button for Room Service and tell them you want to place an order from MDR.  In EOS the service was quick, friendly, hot and delicious.  In AOS, the service was slow. the food, only warm, not particularly great.  You would have thought it would have been the reverse.  Both were open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.   

We ate at many specialty places, but thoroughly enjoyed eating in our room on big round tables in our jammies, watching TV or out on the balcony watching waves.

We have not eaten at a CK, but are looking forward to next year on The Harmony.

ive only done suites on oasis and didnt think CK was a room service option. though would have been nice. the CLS doenst have a good table for outside dining but the 1 BR aquasuite we just had did. it was great eating out there on a full table on that long balcony.  but next time will be a CLS, the aquasuite is just too far from deck 17.