Food NOT offered on Carnival

Drew B 58

What is one dish you haven’t seen served on Carnival that you think they should add. Bonus points if it is something you think would have broad appeal and which would not be prohibitively difficult or expensive to execute.

I’ll go first:  pecan pie!

• Like 3

Not so much food but as far as a missing venue I have always thought Carnival should have some sort of Irish or English pub venue. Offer proper Irish/English ales and beers and specialty cocktails and then at lunch and dinner serve things like fish & chips, shepard pie, colcannon, etc... Something like Guys Pig and Anchor on Horizon or Excel Class ships but an Irish/English version.

I have been putting this on my post cruise surveys for several years now.

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Does Carnival have lox and bagels? Specifically on the Sunshine.  I have looked at numerous videos and have not seen any in the Lido. 

They usually have them at seaday brunch.

Screenshot_20230706_193022_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Edited by stobe1

5 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Does Carnival have lox and bagels? Specifically on the Sunshine.  I have looked at numerous videos and have not seen any in the Lido. 

I don’t think they have lox and bagels in the Lido, but they do in the MDR.  They also have a smoked salmon Benedict at the buffet.  I think it might be every other day, as they alternate with a traditional eggs Benedict…

• Like 2

Pheasant under Glass.

Venison.

Cornish Game Hen.

Pommes Frites

Pate de Foie Gras.

Moutarde de Dijon l'Originale / Grey Poupon!

Oh sorry I forgot -this isn't Cunard or Silversea.... lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

6 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

Pheasant under Glass.

Venison.

Cornish Game Hen.

Pommes Frites

Pate de Foie Gras.

Moutarde de Dijon l'Originale / Grey Poupon!

Oh sorry I forgot -this isn't Cunard or Silversea.... lol

…and neither easy nor inexpensive to execute!

although I will say you can find the “pommes frites” in various venues around the ships!  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Drew B 58 said:

..although I will say you can find the “pommes frites”

in various venues around the ships!  🤣

Surely you speak of French Fries!

Pommes frites are a bit more delicately-cut?

10 hours ago, Drew B 58 said:

What is one dish you haven’t seen served on Carnival that you think they should add. Bonus points if it is something you think would have broad appeal and which would not be prohibitively difficult or expensive to execute.

I’ll go first:  pecan pie!

Have seen this on posted Thanksgiving dinner menus, but have not cruised then so never tried it. 🙁

I love dates, they have prunes, but dates are yummier as an additional breakfast fruit.  Grapes would also be nice.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Drew B 58 said:

I first tried English bacon on Princess and discovered that I really like it - even more than regular bacon (which I assume Carnival is still rationing at the buffet).

One thing that I've had at Royal's Windjammer that I don't recall seeing in either Carnival's buffet or MDR (though I could have easily missed it) is corn on the cob.  It can be VERY tricky to maintain in the buffet as it can dry out very quickly.  

2 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

...One thing that I've had at Royal's Windjammer that I don't recall seeing in either Carnival's buffet or MDR (though I could have easily missed it) is corn on the cob.  It can be VERY tricky to maintain in the buffet as it can dry out very quickly.  

It can also be mushy and lacking flavor when left sitting in a pot of hot water - boiled corn on the cob is not good, either.

I am now craving sweet, hot, crispy corn on cob 🌽