Live from Britannia

Selbourne

27 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Here’s yet another Andy. Saw our cabin steward doing nightly cabin service on the nearby suites (they still have them) and mentioned that we had one packet of biscuits on day 1, which I’d eaten, and never seen another since. “Ah Sir. You get one on the first day but then they are by request only” 🤣 

We didn't encounter any of this biscuitgate stuff on any of our five post you know what cruises.

Still munching our way through the ones we brought home 😇

• Haha 7

28 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Here’s yet another Andy. Saw our cabin steward doing nightly cabin service on the nearby suites (they still have them) and mentioned that we had one packet of biscuits on day 1, which I’d eaten, and never seen another since. “Ah Sir. You get one on the first day but then they are by request only” 🤣 

I didn't even get any on the first date.... 

Story of my teenage years😂

• Haha 11

3 hours ago, TigerB said:

Nice to read your further report, Selbourne.

With you writing about the petit fours, I take it they still serve free tea and coffee in Sindhu on Britannia. On Arvia and Iona, it's from one of the Costa stations, so comes at a cost.

Those little cone petit fours were still in Epicurean when we were last on Sindhu.

When we were on Arvia in April they still had the jars of preserves and the butter rosettes. On Iona last month the preserves were brought in tiny dishes, as you say, and the butter was cut into sugar cube sized pieces. I thought it was perhaps just Iona then, but from what you describe, it is maybe a fleet wide change.

Enjoy the rest of your day🙂

Free tea and coffee in Epicurean and Sindhu when we were on Britannia June 2-9.

Graham.

• Like 2

On 7/9/2023 at 11:13 AM, TigerB said:

Screenshot_2023-07-09-11-07-33-9983.jpeg.6dcdc6bb4e0999228962f8000d4c031f.jpeg

To the best of my recollection though, it is only suitable for razors, not for charging toothbrushes and the like. @Selbourne or @AndyMichelle may be able to confirm 

I don’t have an electric razor, wet shave instead so sockets not n issue for me, we have an adaptor for electric toothbrush. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

We prefer our cabin steward to leave us alone so we let him in twice during our 7 nights cruise to keep him right with his boss.

I got our towels off his trolley,plus tea and coffee satchets and biscuits and put our used towels in a container in the corridor 

Our cabin steward was pleased to leave us alone as he seemed a little stressed especially on crew drill days with all the cabins he had but was always nearby in the mornings if we needed anything.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We prefer our cabin steward to leave us alone so we let him in twice during our 7 nights cruise to keep him right with his boss.

I got our towels off his trolley,plus tea and coffee satchets and biscuits and put our used towels in a container in the corridor 

Our cabin steward was pleased to leave us alone as he seemed a little stressed especially on crew drill days with all the cabins he had but was always nearby in the mornings if we needed anything.

The lack of an evening cabin service hasn’t bothered us at all Graham. The lack of biscuits, however, is another matter altogether 🤣 

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

The lack of an evening cabin service hasn’t bothered us at all Graham. The lack of biscuits, however, is another matter altogether 🤣 

There was plenty of biscuits,tea,coffee etc in a drawer on his trolley.

I took some as he was only in our cabin twice but I wasn't greedy.

When I saw him he gave me a handful of biscuits.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I got the impression that, having read my expression, we will now get them daily. Keep posted for updates on this critical matter 🤣 

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

I got the impression that, having read my expression, we will now get them daily. Keep posted for updates on this critical matter 🤣 

The 2 days he came into our cabin he left extra biscuits etc.

He always left his trolley near our aft balcony cabin and I took what we needed.

I appreciated our cabin steward leaving us alone and he was always friendly when we saw him so I didn't mind giving him a £20 tip.

• Like 4

Not a cut back, more a design change. There always used to be a ship’s chart showing the past and planned passage of the vessel. We were on Britannia ‘Round Britain’ and a chart would have been most useful but I couldn’t find one anywhere. Do any of the newer ships have charts on display? I know the tv navigation page does show a map but the scales (3)  are hopeless for close coasting. On the smallest scale the ship is about 25miles long and the largest scale islands even a few miles away are off the chart (which is invariably a uniform sea-blue unless you are in port.)

I won’t even mention changing rooms for outdoor pools on newer ships! 

Edited by Ranchi
addition
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham. Did you put a chocolate on Pauline's pillow ?. I bet you did.🤣

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I put a chocolate on Mr Presto's pillow --- and my own. Did my own turn down service.

We will not be beaten !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

2 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I put a chocolate on Mr Presto's pillow --- and my own. Did my own turn down service.

We will not be beaten !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 

Of all the luxuries that we all enjoyed in the old days. I miss the chocolates on the pillow the most. Our next Britannia cruise is in the Caribbean.  Perhaps DIY turndown is on the cards.

• Like 1

Just now, zap99 said:

Of all the luxuries that we all enjoyed in the old days. I miss the chocolates on the pillow the most. Our next Britannia cruise is in the Caribbean.  Perhaps DIY turndown is on the cards.

When do you go? Megabear has offered to do our turndown on the 13th Jan sailing 🙂

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Pauline eats my blackcurrant lolly in Epicurean.

🍭

I eat almost all of the chocolates at the table.😋

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Because she's worth it! J.xx

Thank you Jane she is.

Pauline rarely eats chocolate though and I have sold chocolate for over 35 years and I am a chocolate lover.

I booked another P&O cruise for 2025 today 😀

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Jane she is.

Pauline rarely eats chocolate though and I have sold chocolate for over 35 years and I am a chocolate lover.

I booked another P&O cruise for 2025 today 😀

That's probably one of the reasons Pauline still has a fabulous figure Graham. Good for you for booking for 2025. I hope it's something exciting and you find P&O still suits you. Best wishes to you both. Jane xx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1