Platinum dining voucher: Bringing 2 people at same time and all 3 of us will have an entrée (all free)

fstuff1

Going solo and I know 2 other people on cruise.

I get the Platinum dining vouchers but they dont since they are not Platinum yet.

I'm going to buy a 6 sdp dining package so i'll eat at a specialty restaurant every night. (6+1 from promo)

The 3 of us will eat in a specialty restaurant twice.

Each time, I will use my dining package for myself and a Platinum voucher for the 2 of them.

This is what the matre'D of Le Bistro told me last year:

Each Platinum voucher entitles 2 people to a free dinner but You do not have to use it on yourself.

You just have to be there when it's being used because keycard.

I have not tried this yet but I will later this year.

(And obviously will ask the hostess before trying my plan)

Normally you do you have to use the voucher for yourself, but you can try to arrange whatever you want with the restaurant staff. I don't know if their systems are smart enough to throw up a flag if your card is used for a voucher and a dining package at the same restaurant for the same dinner service. If not, then they can easily do what you are describing. It's just a matter of them agreeing to accommodate you, and that is really impossible to predict. So have a back-up plan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fstuff1 said:

Going solo and I know 2 other people on cruise ... I get the Platinum dining vouchers but ... have not tried this yet but I will later this year.  (And obviously will ask the hostess before trying my plan)

Gosh, I vaguely remember this being mentioned as possible in the old days, never tried it ourselves either.  Better yet, if you are going to be returning to one of your familiar NCL ship, find out who upon boarding who's in charge of F&B and get a hold of her/him for the blessing, say hi.  Usually, knowing that you are surfing on CC and news traveled, will be taken care of and waiver noted, if needed.  By the time you show up for your SD that evening, should be noted in the system alerting the host/ess on duty.  

Good luck & let us know.  Regards & Cheers 😋

If you are solo in cabin (meaning no one else is in same cabin with you) the platinum vouchers are for you only, you cannot have someone sharing the dinner with you. 

If you have other people in cabin with you you may use the vouchers for yourself and one other from same cabin. You cannot give your vouchers to other people to use. 

As you hand over your voucher to the hostess you need to present your cruise card as well - this card has your latitude level printed on it - and the hostess writes your room number on the voucher. 

The Dining package vouchers are non-transferable meaning when you buy them they are for you only to use. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

If you are solo in cabin (meaning no one else is in same cabin with you) the platinum vouchers are for you only, you cannot have someone sharing the dinner with you. 

If you have other people in cabin with you you may use the vouchers for yourself and one other from same cabin. You cannot give your vouchers to other people to use. 

As you hand over your voucher to the hostess you need to present your cruise card as well - this card has your latitude level printed on it - and the hostess writes your room number on the voucher. 

The Dining package vouchers are non-transferable meaning when you buy them they are for you only to use. 

This is not true.  I am a solo cruiser, always in my cabin without sharing it with anyone. I share my Platinum voucher with whomever I want to bring to dinner with me.  Usually it is with another solo cruiser and they share their voucher with me. You are correct that the vouchers are non-transerable and you do have to be present to use them. You cannot give them to anyone else to use, with or without you being there.

• Like 4

• Host Kat changed the title to Platinum dining voucher: Bringing 2 people at same time and all 3 of us will have an entrée (all free)
8 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

no, you can take someone with you, even if you are solo in a cabin.

• Like 4

Going on the Pearl this August.  My husband and I are platinum, plus we have two dinners for free at sea perks.  My husband's uncle and his friend are cruising with us and have no specialty dining perks.  If we want to bring them with us, how would I go about that?  Can we use our platinum certificates for my husband's uncle and his friend?

2 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

Going on the Pearl this August.  My husband and I are platinum, plus we have two dinners for free at sea perks.  My husband's uncle and his friend are cruising with us and have no specialty dining perks.  If we want to bring them with us, how would I go about that?  Can we use our platinum certificates for my husband's uncle and his friend?

No. As I understand it, Latitudes coupons are not transferrable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

I'm assuming your husband's uncle and you are in the same cabin, as guests 3 and 4 (thus not getting any meals).  The best I would suggest is one of them buys the two meal package.  Maybe they split the cost.  That way, everyone will get two meals together, and you and your husband can have 1 meal with just the two of you:

meal 1 - Your husband and his uncle use platinum voucher.  You and fried each use one of their dining credits

meal 2 -You and husband's uncle use other platinum voucher.  Your husband and the friend each use of of their dining credits

You and your husband would then have one dining credit each left over.  You could have a dinner with just the two of you

3 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

You have 1 meal together. Your husband uses a coupon for his uncle, you use a coupon for the friend.

Caveat - the T&Cs say you can't use the coupons for the same restaurant.  The CruiseNext people say you can - and it's their program. So there is a chance you'll get a little pushback but on the other hand most of the time the staff really doesn't care.

14 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

If you have other people in cabin with you you may use the vouchers for yourself and one other from same cabin. 

Platinum vouchers are for a dinner for 2.  Doesn't matter who that 2nd person is.  If you are solo you can invite another solo.  And you definitely do not have to invite someone from your cabin if you don't want to - although that could be a little awkward!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

No, as I said before and as @KateQ22003 said, the platinum dining vouchers are not transferrable to anyone outside your cabin.

Each of the two platinum dining coupons that you receive in your cabin must be used in different restaurant. Both cannot be used in same restaurant, even on different nights.

The dinner vouchers as part of free at sea perks are in your name ... they are not transferrable to anyone else. Same with the dinner vouchers that you purchase in your name.

3 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

No, as I said before and as @KateQ22003 said, the platinum dining vouchers are not transferrable to anyone outside your cabin.

Each of the two platinum dining coupons that you receive in your cabin must be used in different restaurant. Both cannot be used in same restaurant, even on different nights.

yes,it says on the platinum voucher  that cannot be used in same restaurant twice but in practice, ive done it for all 7 of my cruises this year.

restaurant hosts and matree-D's didnt bat an eye.

so hopefully your're wrong on point #1 as well.

i'll report back after my cruise later this year

Edited by fstuff1

On my solo cruise on the Joy last year, when I used my Latitudes dining certificate, the maitre'd seemed surprised that I was going to use a "Dinner for Two" voucher for only me, and mentioned I could bring someone else if I wanted. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

yes,it says on the platinum voucher  that cannot be used in same restaurant twice but in practice, ive done it for all 7 of my cruises this year.

restaurant hosts and matree-D's didnt bat an eye.

so hopefully your're wrong on point #1 as well.

i'll report back after my cruise later this year

they are right about #1, but people interpret it wrong.  You can't simply give the voucher to someone else and not go.  that would be a transfer.  But if you go and take someone else with you (regardless of which cabin they are in), that is totally fine.  You are not transferring the voucher to them in that situation.  

14 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

they are right about #1, but people interpret it wrong.  You can't simply give the voucher to someone else and not go.  that would be a transfer. 

But if you go and take someone else with you (regardless of which cabin they are in), that is totally fine.  You are not transferring the voucher to them in that situation.  

um.. where does it say in my OP that i'm not also going?

19 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

It sounds like we all agree that this is incorrect.  Does anybody believe otherwise?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

It sounds like we all agree that this is incorrect.  Does anybody believe otherwise?

Next time we tag a zero solo sup  cruise getting 2 cabins double up the latitude vouchers.

Be handy to compensate for the reduced buffet hours.

Just now, dbrown84 said:

that's not a comment from me

ok, I found that comment, but taken out of context I didn't recognize it.  I never said for you not to go, or suggested that you were not going.  I believe you mis-read my comment.  It was actually telling you that you'd be fine.  no good deeds......

• Like 1