First time cruisers - what's your embarkation day routine?

KEG88

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, so I'll throw out my favorite thing to do. This is only if I am sailing on a new to me ship! We'll go to the highest deck and walk the ship from the back to the front on each deck (skipping decks with only staterooms) to get a full ship tour! We, of course, get sidetracked with a drink or two, but it's always a highlight of the trip for me. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, weregoingcruising said:

How long have you had this problem? You might want to check in with the friends of Bob meeting.😀

Well , I am 60 this year so maybe 30 years! Kids , life , love.....  it's all takes its toll. More so in the last 10 dealing with moving up to the top on the family tree..

To be fair my doctor did reccomend I watched my drinking so I only knock them back if the bar has a mirror now...

All the best from a bar in Spain.  Hic

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Maybe a crazy question….we’re only bringing carry on luggage.  We’re not going to check anything.  Can we board with our carry on or will we have to leave it with the porters to be delivered later?

Edited by Hazelwoodp

6 minutes ago, Hazelwoodp said:

Maybe a crazy question….we’re only bringing carry on luggage.  We’re not going to check anything.  Can we board with our carry on or will we have to leave it with the porters to be delivered later?

You can board the ship with your carry-ons. And leave them in your rooms even if they're not ready.

16 hours ago, Sunshine Bob said:

Well , I am 60 this year so maybe 30 years! Kids , life , love.....  it's all takes its toll. More so in the last 10 dealing with moving up to the top on the family tree..

To be fair my doctor did reccomend I watched my drinking so I only knock them back if the bar has a mirror now...

All the best from a bar in Spain.  Hic

Sounds like my doctor and my weight.  He told me to watch what I eat and I told him I always watch what I eat...I watch it go right in.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, HardyVA said:

Someone mentioned doing the muster drill on the app?  We haven’t cruised since before Covid and I remember everyone jamming into one area for that?  

Do the muster drill on the app in the am before you board. Once onboard you MUST go to your muster station and check in with the crew. Generally, no lines and they scan your sea pass card.  It is very easy to do. This is the first thing we do when we get onboard after dropping our luggage off and grabbing our sea pass card.  The ship can not depart until everyone is checked in at their muster station.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JLMcruise said:

Do the muster drill on the app in the am before you board. Once onboard you MUST go to your muster station and check in with the crew. Generally, no lines and they scan your sea pass card.  It is very easy to do. This is the first thing we do when we get onboard after dropping our luggage off and grabbing our sea pass card.  The ship can not depart until everyone is checked in at their muster station.

This! They kept making announcements yesterday for anyone who had not checked in at their muster station to do it. The time between them got shorter and shorter until finally Captain Nigel made one. I guess that worked, because shortly thereafter they did the announcement they do followed by the alarms.

3 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

They kept making announcements yesterday for anyone who had not checked in at their muster station to do it.

We have been on some cruises and they don't have to make an announcement because guest just do it and we have been on cruises that they had announcements frequently. It even got to the point were the called the passengers by name. 

• Like 1

I haven't been on a Celebrity cruise in 10 years. Last one was on the Millie in Alaska.  Do you still get greeted with champagne/mimosas/oj as you first come aboard?

I'll ve on the Summit in '25...does it have the option to do the muster drill on the app? 

We'll be sailing with 2 newbies, so want to prepare them the best we can.  Good to know we can drop off our carry-ons and pick up our Seapass cards right away...what a nice and welcome change!

14 minutes ago, olemissreb said:

I haven't been on a Celebrity cruise in 10 years. Last one was on the Millie in Alaska.  Do you still get greeted with champagne/mimosas/oj as you first come aboard?

They no longer do this.

14 minutes ago, olemissreb said:

I'll ve on the Summit in '25...does it have the option to do the muster drill on the app? 

Yes! Super easy.

On 7/23/2023 at 6:31 PM, RichYak said:

They no longer do this.

Yes! Super easy.

Well that stinks that they no longer greet you with champagne.  It was such a nice touch and really set the tone for the cruise and set the line apart a little.

And good to know about the app.  We can watch the muster drill the night before we board the ship in San Juan.

Thank you!

Edited by olemissreb

18 minutes ago, olemissreb said:

Well that stinks that they no longer greet you with champagne.  It was such a nice touch and really set the tone for the cruise and set the line apart a little.

And good to know about the app.  We can watch the muster drill the night before we board the ship in San Juan.

Thank you!

You can also do the health questioner on the app after or before doing your muster drill while sitting in your hotel room.  FYI, you will still need to report to your muster station once onboard to have your names checked off that you have completed the requirement. 

Edited by davekathy

23 minutes ago, davekathy said:

You can also do the health questioner on the app after or before doing your muster drill while sitting in your hotel room.  FYI, you will still need to report to your muster station once onboard to have your names checked off that you have completed the requirement. 

Thanks!  Boy have things changed since my last cruise (on RCL) in 2019!  So much easier to just check in to the muster station and then continue to explore the ship.

1 hour ago, capsplace said:

Along with all the other suggestions, be sure to pack a change of clothing, like bathing suits, in our carry on.  We then both make a beeline to the spa or a pool or a hot tub or a bar.

Careful if @Ipeeinthepools is on your cruise.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, capsplace said:

Along with all the other suggestions, be sure to pack a change of clothing, like bathing suits, in our carry on.  We then both make a beeline to the spa or a pool or a hot tub or a bar.

Excellent suggestion, I'll see you at the pool, it's a great place to have your first drink.

22 hours ago, capsplace said:

I just wear my swim suit under my clothes!  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, olemissreb said:

I really liked when champagne was offered to me as I walked on to the ship.  However, the champagne was readily available just outside Cafe Al Baccio.  Almost as good, but I hope the former event resumes--getting my bubbly when I first board the ship!

• Like 1

1. We get to the port early to board the ship.

2. Go to the cabin to drop off our carry-on baggage with medications, stow valuables and documents in the safe, and do a HAPPY DANCE.

3. Check in at the muster station.

4. Time for another HAPPY DANCE.

5. Walk around the ship until it's time for lunch.

6. Seems like another HAPPY DANCE moment.

7. Go back to the cabin to unpack the checked baggage and search for the missing ones (never fails it's down the hall).

8. People-watch from the veranda, chill in the cabin and yes, you guessed it...HAPPPY DANCE and get ready for dinner.

Have a wonderful time and don't forget your HAPPY DANCE😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1