Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

19 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

.....if she can't get to Singapore in Oktober 24 ...she can't do a TP in 2025!

And the decision to re-deploy her will not be made later than May - I totally doubt Suez will take passenger ships before the end of 24 - So they need to rethink Anthem's deployment!

There is another way to get to Asia - Anthem did that during COVID to drop off staff. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

OK totally understand! So right now we have Anthem in limbo and no place for Ovation.... interesting!👍😁

I think it was the very start of the pandemic and they pulled Spectrum out of china and brought it to Sydney.It just sat at anchor .

It  was a treat for the firefighters after our Bush fires we had.

They didn’t do any revenues here ,I don’t think it was suitable for our market .

It would definitely not be suitable for North America.

Edited by Chiliburn

17 minutes ago, GimmeOcean said:

We are considering the Brilliance 8/2025 Iceland & Greenland cruise. Worth going through a TA for it? Any group rates?

There definitely are groups. I booked when it first opened and my TAs pricing was less than Royals. 

12 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Suez is closed for passenger ships right now and probably for quite some month down the road .....if she can't get to Singapore in Oktober 24 ...she can't do a TP in 2025!

And the decision to re-deploy her will not be made later than May - I totally doubt Suez will take passenger ships before the end of 24 - So they need to rethink Anthem's deployment!

I can't find any reference to Suez being closed to passenger ships. 

I'm on the Dubai to Athens segment of the UWC, so I've been taking a keen interest. 

It'll be interesting to see what RC do, as they can't just cancel this one and sailing around Africa comes with it's own challenges and dangers, not to mention totally disrupting the port dates for the rest of the WC.

45 minutes ago, Tatra603 said:

I can't find any reference to Suez being closed to passenger ships. 

I'm on the Dubai to Athens segment of the UWC, so I've been taking a keen interest. 

It'll be interesting to see what RC do, as they can't just cancel this one and sailing around Africa comes with it's own challenges and dangers, not to mention totally disrupting the port dates for the rest of the WC.

Yes that one will be interesting! Read up on the drone attacks on freight ships in the Red Sea and a LOT of freight having to go around Africa now - because Suez has problems, nobody will send a passenger ship to Suez right now or the near future! When is the passage planned for the WC?

3 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Yes that one will be interesting! Read up on the drone attacks on freight ships in the Red Sea and a LOT of freight having to go around Africa now - because Suez has problems, nobody will send a passenger ship to Suez right now or the near future! When is the passage planned for the WC?

WC arrives in Dubai May 9, and is going through Suez May 19/20th

15 minutes ago, little britain said:

WC arrives in Dubai May 9, and is going through Suez May 19/20th

WOW that is soon! Will be VERY interesting what they do! I bet they will go around Africa.....

How many passengers do they have? Would going empty and fly everyone to Athens work? But then they would still risk the ship....

Let's hope the situation is solved within the next weeks!🤞

On one hand, the suez and straights of hormuz are always dangerous for ships. 

On the other, the odds of an attack on a cruise ship are so incredibly low for many reasons, no matter the tensions.  That's basically like attacking 50 countries at once.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dubai is one of the main end/start sectors of the world cruise. 
 Canceling the cruise in Dubai would have to be one of the options on the table In the Miami Deployment Office f the  situation arose. 
Flor the time being my guessing still has Serenade and Anthem going via the Suez. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Dubai is one of the main end/start sectors of the world cruise. 
 Canceling the cruise in Dubai would have to be one of the options on the table In the Miami Deployment Office f the  situation arose. 
Flor the time being my guessing still has Serenade and Anthem going via the Suez. 

In worst case they can go from Dubai to Istanbul around Africa and just cancel the current two May departures (Suez cruise from Dubai to Athens and Black Sea and Turkey cruise from Athens to Istanbul). Then they could continue with Med cruises in June as scheduled.

Edited by Saab4444
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Fraulein1965 said:

Yes.  Booked on Ovation TP April 2025 from Sydney to Honolulu.  Do not see this 1st leg from Sydney to Honolulu open on the website anymore, but see the second leg from Hawaii to Vancouver April 2025 still open.

I was looking at that but it’s seems it’s off the market . I wonder what’s going on?

It looks like the cruise before the transpacific has been pulled also.

Ovation isn’t due for a dry dock March 2026 I believe.

This looks a job for @springaussie

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I was looking at that but it’s seems it’s off the market . I wonder what’s going on?

It looks like the cruise before the transpacific has been pulled also.

Ovation isn’t due for a dry dock March 2026 I believe.

This looks a job for @springaussie

I noticed also that the trip before the TP was pulled as well. Is a bit concerning. Hope everything is ok. This is a very special trip that we have been planning for years

• Thanks 1