Which ships are better for evening shows?

7 minutes ago, Leo-the-fox said:

Hello everyone, I am thinking to book a Caribbean ~7 nights cruise in February. We care about the evening shows the most, specifically the broadway type. Can anyone recommend ships? TIA

Check out all the Oasis Class ships.  Showrooms, water show and pub entertainment are all top notch. No other ship or cruise line has the variety of Oasis Class.  Icon may become the top contender when she sails.  

• Like 2

The true Broadway shows are on the Oasis class. Of those, I would say Hairspray on Symphony. We also really like the water show Hiro. Avoid Oasis, it has Cats!

The Oasis class (other than Wonder), usually has 2 shows. One broadway, one exclusive broadway-like show? Plus they all have a water show in the aquatheater that is usually very good.

Found this list from 2022:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles/which-shows-are-on-which-royal-caribbean-cruise-ships

Oasis: Cats

Allure: Mama Mia

Harmony: Grease

Symphony: Hairspray

Wonder: No actual Broadway show?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

The true Broadway shows are on the Oasis class. Of those, I would say Hairspray on Symphony. We also really like the water show Hiro. Avoid Oasis, it has Cats!

The Oasis class (other than Wonder), usually has 2 shows. One broadway, one exclusive broadway-like show? Plus they all have a water show in the aquatheater that is usually very good.

Found this list from 2022:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles/which-shows-are-on-which-royal-caribbean-cruise-ships

Oasis: Cats

Allure: Mama Mia

Harmony: Grease

Symphony: Hairspray

Wonder: No actual Broadway show?

Wonder has Effectors 2 and Voices in the main theatre. Both are RCCL in-house productions.

• Like 2

Just now, gumshoe958 said:

Wonder has Effectors 2 and Voices in the main theatre. Both are RCCL in-house productions.

Yes. 2 "in-house" productions. I was drawing a distinction between know Broadway caliber shows and in house productions. It appears that beginning with Wonder, they've stopped going that route and doing all in-house productions, which is too bad, because they made a huge deal about doing these big Broadway shows at sea for many years.

We saw some Effectors show on Odyssey and thought it was terrible. All special effects and zero substance. Absolutely cheesy.

We LOVE "Mama Mia" on Allure; music is fabulous and the actors are very good!!   Definitely consider Allure if you like any of Abba's music!!  And if you go, stay in your seat until the very very very end, because the repris/encore is a real highlight!!   

• Like 4

For me, while I have thoroughly enjoyed the shows on Oasis class ships and thought no ship could beat them, I have to admit I was blown away by the theater shows on Odyssey. That said, I do not know the taste of the original poster.  I was amazed at the use of technology, special effects and sound  in the Odyssey shows. That may not be in line with everyone's taste. I am eighty years old and found these new shows fascinating, but, as I say, perhaps some folks would appreciate a more traditional approach such as shows on Celebrity. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Leo-the-fox said:

Thanks to everyone! I have decided to pick symphony of the seas. I will start another post to ask questions.

We did the inaugural transatlantic on Symphony, absolutely beautiful ship.  Great free breakfast at Johnny Rockets in the morning. Great choice. 

On 7/22/2023 at 8:37 PM, RobInMN said:

. It appears that beginning with Wonder, they've stopped going that route and doing all in-house productions, which is too bad, because they made a huge deal about doing these big Broadway shows at sea for many years

Icon is rumoured to have wizard of oz