What’s That One Thing??

Spurs Fans

2 hours ago, Spurs Fans said:

What is the one thing you always pack on a cruise AND that you would recommend to a cruising newbie that they take along as well? 

Assuming we get moved soon...

I bring a lanyard with a clear plastic sea pass card holder attached to it.  I loop it through my shorts belt loop or for my swim suit, through a 'D' ring I had sewed in right side cargo pocket.  Then place in my right side cargo pocket;  Only time I can lose the sea pass card now is when I have to use it so I now hold on to the plastic sea pass holder in my hand till I get the card back.

I also  bring cargo shorts and swimsuits for the extra pockets.

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The interesting thing is that it was made in Hong Kong.

I'm thinking that there was no need for repeat purchases, hence no longer available. Thankfully there are lots of similar items (albeit less durable) still around for those who need them. 

Edited by Luvcrusn

On 7/27/2023 at 4:00 AM, MamaFej said:

I also bring a pillowcase, but a pink satin one, as it works better for my hair than most. Pink, so I don't forget it. 

For laundry, we use one of these lightweight, collapsible baskets. On most lines, it fits, out of sight, between the couch and the balcony. On lines with self-serve laundry, it's easy to carry. We put detergent sheets and dryer sheets in the pocket. No stuffed kitty, however. 

image.png.a8d9d2138401d74116b21236bc8d9284.png

Laundry?

Am I the only one that wears their clothes out on a cruise and just leave them?

5 hours ago, DarrenM said:

Laundry?

Maybe on one of those 120 Day around the world cruises?

Find new stuff along the way?

23 hours ago, DarrenM said:

Laundry?

We are retired and travel (including RVing) more than we are home. The majority of our cruises are during trips of 4-13 weeks. I definitely could not pack enough clothes for an entire trip of that sort, even I I owned that many. 

I think that different traveling and crusing styles lead to different needs and preferences. People do what works for them.

On 7/25/2023 at 7:23 AM, Spurs Fans said:

What’s that one thing you pack for a cruise that most people forget?  It’s the one thing you would tell everybody on the cruise to remember to bring if you could. 

I don't think people forget this item; I think they just haven't considered how useful it is:

Magellans tray.jpg

43 minutes ago, Spurs Fans said:

What is that item? 

Unsnap-to-flat-for-packing dresser or nightstand trays from Magellan. Mine is actually larger and came from a cosmetic company originally.

https://www.magellans.com/itemdy00.aspx?T1=MLP457

We are so used to using trays that when I didn't pack them when we flew to Barcelona to get on a TAtl, we found a "dollar store" and bought some plastic ones just to use on the cruise!

• Like 1

Ladies, be sure to pack feminine supplies, even if you don't think you'll need them, Traveling can mess with the hormones. You can buy some on the ship (when the shops are open) but they are expensive and they have a very limited selection, so be sure to pack your preferred brands and types.