Royal Caribbean, A Lie is a Lie

15 hours ago, davehathy said:

Pat, I have no idea. Posting incognito. 😁 My CC account is all screwed up. Lost all my post counts and fat fingered my user name when resubmitting(joined CC February 2001). I paid my dues to sing the blues, but it don't come easy. Working with the CC to try and get it all straighten out. Maybe? I'm now again (reborn) CC newbie. Now the song, Like a Virgin is now stuck in my head. 😂

LOL.   I took a chance to post to you, assuming (by the music in you)...that it was you Dave.  Figured something happened.  Does Kathy know you reinvented her as well?  😄 

And BTW...you don't look anything like Madonna.  🤣

4 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Twin Dad absolutely makes the point since page 1, no conspiracy, carelessness happens.

Still here yet...........

I'm just curious - if the menu says rib-eye and they serve you sirloin on multiple occasions, do you also write that off to carelessness?   

At what point does repeated mistakes become something other than carelessness?

• Like 7

2 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL.   I took a chance to post to you, assuming (by the music in you)...that it was you Dave.  Figured something happened.  Does Kathy know you reinvented her as well?  😄 

And BTW...you don't look anything like Madonna.  🤣

Nah, she doesn't even care about CC. 

I'll take that as a compliment. 😁

I now have a new CC username. Couldn't get my CC post counts back. 

On 7/25/2023 at 11:23 AM, SailorMarg said:

If people would take a minute to read the comments, and replies, before posting they would see that this post is not about my not being able to access half and half.  It is about the historical and fleetwide intentional misleading of the customer as has been reported in these forums over and over.  My post is adding my anecdotal experience to that conversation

I really think you were totally correct in your first post that you are using a very trivial example for a possible much larger problem.  Therein lies the problem in the replies to your trivial example where you did not do the obvious thing to point out the mistake to the crew on the ship.  THEN, you might have some credibility in discussing/revealing the much larger problem many have seen in RCI degrading the cruise experience by eliminating items and charging for others once free

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PATRLR said:

I'm just curious - if the menu says rib-eye and they serve you sirloin on multiple occasions, do you also write that off to carelessness?   

You've experienced that?  I haven't......pity for you...however you miss the point AGAIN.  Twin Dad's point....what you just described is not a mistake...but the milk problem seems to be one.  

Edited by BecciBoo

2 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

You've experienced that?  I haven't......pity for you

Any chance you might actually answer my question? (Although I suspect the answer you already gave tells me pretty much all I need to know)

Edited by PATRLR

22 hours ago, doghog said:

Nah, she doesn't even care about CC. 

I'll take that as a compliment. 😁

I now have a new CC username. Couldn't get my CC post counts back. 

Oh no...Dave is now Dog Dave?  😮   OK, is that due to being a fan of the furry friend, or maybe the pig?   Or perhaps it's both, being you like pork hotdogs?  😄   I guess that would make sense as those call for a beer.  😉 

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2023 at 8:01 AM, PATRLR said:

Coastal Kitchen had ribeye steak listed on the menu, but said nothing and served a piece of prime rib. For a while, they didn’t say anything just put the platter  in front of you.  At some  point  they let you know upfront that it is not ribeye steak and is substituted. 

I never mind a menu substitution, but it is nice to be told prior to or when one places the order.   

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oh no...Dave is now Dog Dave?  😮   OK, is that due to being a fan of the furry friend, or maybe the pig?   Or perhaps it's both, being you like pork hotdogs?  😄   I guess that would make sense as those call for a beer.  😉 

dog - nickname given to me in Vietnam. 😉 Some still call me dog. 

hog -  I ride a Harley Davidson

"doghog"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

You've experienced that?  I haven't......pity for you...however you miss the point AGAIN.  Twin Dad's point....what you just described is not a mistake...but the milk problem seems to be one.  

But, that is the question, is it really a mistake?    

There are lots of reports of this happening, and this is the President's Cruise when you'd think they've have their act together.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

A woman died on this cruise. That is more serious.  She became ill and was taken to the hospital at the next port and didn’t make it . 

I just read a post from the family about this... they said that Royal went above and beyond to comfort the family. They took the mom to the hospital and she never returned...some of the family was on an excursion because they had no idea it was that serious, got them back, made sure they all got food delivered to the room and checked on them regularly. Really sad story

• Like 2

2 hours ago, doghog said:

dog - nickname given to me in Vietnam. 😉 Some still call me dog. 

hog -  I ride a Harley Davidson

"doghog"

LOL!  That makes sense!  😄  

Not sure I want to ask your bro what they called him in the "land of the dragon".  😳

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Coastal Kitchen had ribeye steak listed on the menu, but said nothing and served a piece of prime rib. For a while, they didn’t say anything just put the platter  in front of you.  At some  point  they let you know upfront that it is not ribeye steak and is substituted. 

I never mind a menu substitution, but it is nice to be told prior to or when one places the order.

At least in this case it is the same cut of beef, just a different way of cooking.

• Like 1

It's the manufactured outrage that is ridiculous. "Royal is lying" "It's cost cutting measures" "It's slimy business practices" "death by a thousand cuts". 

There is no evidence that this half and half scandle is a fleetwide issue. 

1x cabin cleaning, lobsters, menu changes...fine make your argument that this is good/bad but at least this is a known fleetwide issue that affects every ship and blame can be placed at the corporate level. 

People are acting like Royal execs came to their house, trampled their flowers and kicked their dog. 

This has happened a couple times on a couple ships. Far from a known fleetwide issue. I guarantee, in the history of cruising, someone has been brought reg coffee when they ordered decaf, coke when they asked for root beer, or a teaspoon when they ordered a soup spoon. While annoying,  It's situational and likely common. Deal with it at the level it's occurring at. 

Not every staff member has strong English or come from more developed countries and may have no idea there is a difference.  Mistakes are going to happen. It doesn't mean RCI is somehow involved in the JFK assassination. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

At least in this case it is the same cut of beef, just a different way of cooking.

They should tell you if they are serving something different than what is on the menu.  I do not like their prime rib but do like the ribeye they used to serve in CK.  Cooking method makes a difference in the taste.

• Like 5

On 7/31/2023 at 12:19 PM, BecciBoo said:

Nope just not worth my time

Interesting.  Yet you'vehad the time to post on average three times a day, every single day for the last 17.5 years.  Yep, I know all I need to know, you've answered my question.

Edited by PATRLR

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

They should tell you if they are serving something different than what is on the menu.  I do not like their prime rib but do like the ribeye they used to serve in CK.  Cooking method makes a difference in the taste.

Absolutely.  If you order a steak and they bring you a slice of a roast, that's grounds for sending it back, IMO.  What I'll bet they are actually doing, because I've heard of other places doing this, is cutting a slice off a roast prime rib and then throwing that on the grill and calling it a reib eye steak.  I'd still send it back.

38 minutes ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

Whoopsie!! And YES Royal needs to stop with all these cuts! And yes I get that loyals like ANY change! Is powdered coffee bleach next, SERIOUSLY??

Everyone get read for another 14 pages of comments now that Bee has entered the conversation… 😂🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, HappyTexan44 said:

But, that is the question, is it really a mistake?    

There are lots of reports of this happening, and this is the President's Cruise when you'd think they've have their act together.   

Exactly.

43 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Absolutely.  If you order a steak and they bring you a slice of a roast, that's grounds for sending it back, IMO.  What I'll bet they are actually doing, because I've heard of other places doing this, is cutting a slice off a roast prime rib and then throwing that on the grill and calling it a reib eye steak.  I'd still send it back.

Didn't even  try to make it look like a rib eye.  I sent it back.

M