Lobster availability?

We've always enjoyed Lobster on our past cruises. Typically on the 2nd formal night as part of the menu offering in the MDR. We're heading out in a few days for the Explorer in the Greek Isles and I'm hearing this is no longer offered on European cruises. Can anyone confirm this? Is lobster night a thing past the past these days as well? 

5 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

We've always enjoyed Lobster on our past cruises. Typically on the 2nd formal night as part of the menu offering in the MDR. We're heading out in a few days for the Explorer in the Greek Isles and I'm hearing this is no longer offered on European cruises. Can anyone confirm this? Is lobster night a thing past the past these days as well? 

There has not been a lobster night on non-US sailings in years.

• Like 2

My September anthem has no lobster. The menus look different too, for the better I'd say with themes such as a taste of royal classics. A taste of the world. Taste of Carribbean and a taste of the USA. Seems more of the old dishes are featured.

funny thing.....on a TA Ft Lauderdale to Barcelona about 6 or 7 years ago on the Vision there was no lobster ever offered in the dining room....but in the buffet there was a huge round tub filled with Lobster.....eat all you want!...go figure...but it was only for one night.

23 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Never offered on European sails.  Shrimps were substituted.

1 hour ago, spunks said:

funny thing.....on a TA Ft Lauderdale to Barcelona about 6 or 7 years ago on the Vision there was no lobster ever offered in the dining room....but in the buffet there was a huge round tub filled with Lobster.....eat all you want!...go figure...but it was only for one night.

Those were happier days😁

I like lobster but the "Lobster Night" lobster is not all that!! I definitely wouldn't miss it if I didn't get it on a cruise. 

If you want a good lobster lunch or dinner look at one of the ports or a specialty restaurant. The specialty restaurants' lobster on most ships is better than the included lobster but not as good as other restaurants