No "free" lobster night sailing on a 6-night cruise?

We will be sailing next month on the Mariner (FL) for 6 nights. Our dinner menus popped up at the 3 weeks out date.  Checked yesterday and now the "free lobster" is no longer on the menu. (I know it's not free but just part of the fair.) Someone in my FB group said that RC is no longer offering it "free" on any sailings under 7 nights.  Is this true? 

Royal night menu is only offer on 7 nights or longer. Also means no baked Alaska. On the six night cruise, I’m on mariner on one at the moment.  Menus in order are

Welcome Aboard

A taste of France

A taste of the Carribean

A taste of the USA

A taste of Italy 

Welcome to Bon Voyage 

9 hours ago, sergeant655 said:

Royal night menu is only offer on 7 nights or longer. Also means no baked Alaska. On the six night cruise, I’m on mariner on one at the moment.  Menus in order are

Welcome Aboard

A taste of France

A taste of the Carribean

A taste of the USA

A taste of Italy 

Welcome to Bon Voyage 

We have always taken a 7-night cruise. We will be on the Mariner as well for 6 nights with other family members.  I was surprised when I noticed the menu. Thank you for the information. 

21 hours ago, NC State said:

We will be sailing next month on the Mariner (FL) for 6 nights. Our dinner menus popped up at the 3 weeks out date.  Checked yesterday and now the "free lobster" is no longer on the menu. (I know it's not free but just part of the fair.) Someone in my FB group said that RC is no longer offering it "free" on any sailings under 7 nights.  Is this true? 

Truth.    You can pretend your cruise cost $16.99 more per person and then order the Lobster Tail with your dinner and pretend it is included in the cost of the cruise.

Edited by BobNoxious
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, joeyancho said:

I think it has been that way for years.  Lobster only served on 7 day or longer cruises. 

It was on 6 or longer. Last year it was changed to 7+

Just now, scchase said:

We didnt have lobster on our 7 night cruise either, was replaced by "giant" prawns, which were just large shrimp and only about 5 at that, we were highly disappointed

What itinerary?

9 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

The lobster tails are small and not that great. You can go to Sam’s club and buy the same fresh lobster tail for $1.99.

Personally I wish they would replaced lobster something better on every cruise.

$1.99 seems really low ... We live in New England and I do not remember such prices.

Fresh? Not frozen?

44 minutes ago, Tatka said:

$1.99 seems really low ... We live in New England and I do not remember such prices.

Fresh? Not frozen?

Fresh, I buy them sometimes when I grilling steak. They are small rock lobster tails just like what is on the ship in the MDR. Not impressive.

Hook and some of the other specialty restaurants has the larger Maine Lobster.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CruisingHogFan said:

The lobster tails are small and not that great. You can go to Sam’s club and buy the same fresh lobster tail for $1.99.

Personally I wish they would replaced lobster something better on every cruise.

The more we cruise, the less and less appealing Lobster night is.  I like lobster but like you say, they are pretty small and with only one included with the meal it's almost not worth it.  It takes at least two of those tails to make a proper meal of it IMO.  Two tails would be about right for me, not even three.  They are more of a novelty to us now.  I'd rather have a different excellent entrée on the menu that I could choose instead.

Dan

• Like 1

On 8/1/2023 at 11:31 AM, CruisingHogFan said:

Fresh, I buy them sometimes when I grilling steak. They are small rock lobster tails just like what is on the ship in the MDR. Not impressive.

Hook and some of the other specialty restaurants has the larger Maine Lobster.

I thought when RCCL went to charging extra for more than one, they also changed to Cold Water Lobster instead of Rock Lobster.  

Edit: From a menu posted in May, the menu says Maine Lobster when it only said broiled lobster tail previously. 

image.thumb.png.ccf7676059393075b64d459b2261efd8.png

Edited by Liljo22