The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday August 1st, 2023

richwmn

4 hours ago, dfish said:

Good afternoon, everyone!

Sue and I went to a Ceilidh in the Kitchen today in Sydney.  Celtic music - fiddle, guitar, and piano.  The performers were excellent and we both said we’d do it again.  

Sue found some dice in the shops on the pier, so we’ll be challenging @StLouisCruisers Sandi and Dennis to Farkle.  

I love eggplant parm .  I’ll be saving one of those recipes.  My grandmother made a wonderful eggplant parm and put some Italian sausage in it.

Warm thoughts to all undergoing medical procedures and to those suffering losses.  

IMG_2561.thumb.jpeg.b06e20a29a933c522079ad44a7ada66f.jpeg

@Cruising-along Carolyn, some chairs for you.  

IMG_2563.thumb.jpeg.4ebb9d1c153b2da667652f946a130c67.jpeg

IMG_2559.thumb.jpeg.52fd3bd2dda1e008263e79bdd4e324e4.jpeg

IMG_2558.thumb.jpeg.6ef3a433bdb38990640c8b9c024ee926.jpeg

IMG_2557.thumb.jpeg.bcd947e7a0966b2b494aaa0ae7eadd1b.jpeg

IMG_2556.thumb.jpeg.98978ada1ec2e973f130de582eccb7b2.jpeg

And flowers for the Garden Club.

IMG_2552.thumb.jpeg.9f46e0df1198c48eb6eb5b3f48d8ef2c.jpeg

Debbie, good luck trying to persuade the two of us to a game of any kind including cards or dice games. We are awful at that type of activity and no longer attempt to learn. You would probably have a better chance of drumming up a game of Farkle with the roll call participants!  

Are the dice Sue found extra special handmade ones?  That’s a nice souvenir!  🎲

• Like 10
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

We got some sad news this afternoon. Our niece Jeannine, my sister’s daughter, found out that her MS has come back. I don’t remember when she was diagnosed, but she enjoyed several years of remission until now. 

She has 3 teenage daughters, has always been very athletic and is a professional photographer. Not to mention the sweetest person I know. This is quite a blow, prayers would be very much appreciated. 

Carolyn, I'm sorry your niece's MS is back.  It is a horrible and unpredictable disease.  My mother was diagnosed with it when I was in fifth grade, and unfortunately, she had the type that was progressive and never went into remission.  I hope your niece's flare up does not last long, and she can have more years of remissiom.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Carolyn, I'm sorry your niece's MS is back.  It is a horrible and unpredictable disease.  My mother was diagnosed with it when I was in fifth grade, and unfortunately, she had the type that was progressive and never went into remission.  I hope your niece's flare up does not last long, and she can have more years of remissiom.

Lenda

Thank you Lenda.  I do remember you mentioning that your Mother had MS too.  That must have been sohard when you were so young.

Yes, it's a horrible and unpredictable disease.  

• Like 10

I forgot about this mountain that I climbed when I was in college.  We were touring the southwest and studying the Native American History.  Our host family told us to go out and get some exercise, there is a mountain a few blocks from here-so Janna and I went for a hike.  We trudged up the hill, and as we went up, a runner (quite a nice looking gentleman) went up past us, and then came down past us. We hiked on, he ran past us, and a little later came down past us. (he was tan, and slim, and really good looking) we kept hiking and he went up past us, and again down past us.  Janna said, I wonder how he is in bed?.  I said "tired".

Squaw Peak-Phoenix

sqpeak.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 4
  • Haha 10

4 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

We got some sad news this afternoon. Our niece Jeannine, my sister’s daughter, found out that her MS has come back. I don’t remember when she was diagnosed, but she enjoyed several years of remission until now. 

She has 3 teenage daughters, has always been very athletic and is a professional photographer. Not to mention the sweetest person I know. This is quite a blow, prayers would be very much appreciated. 

Our prayers are with you 🙏 

so hard and so sad.  We will pray that remission is possible again 🙏 

So sad.  My heart goes out to all of you 💔 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you Lenda.  I do remember you mentioning that your Mother had MS too.  That must have been sohard when you were so young.

Yes, it's a horrible and unpredictable disease.  

It was difficult, but my parents worked very hard tp give me as normal a childhood as possible. My mother never let us see how hard it was for her to miss out on things, but the wonderful lady, Mamie, who was her other caregiver and who took care of me, told us after my mother died, that she would often cry when my father and would leave for something she could not attend.  Such a situation makes you grow up fast.

DH and I had a small afternoon church wedding with family, including Mamie and the lady who was my mother's and my babysitter so my mother could attend.  Afterwards, there was a big reception for all the friends.  It was the first day of dove season.  All the wives and daughters were at the reception while the husbands and sons were out hunting.   Dove hunting was the only hunting my father did, but he missed it that year.

Lenda

• Like 11

25 minutes ago, kazu said:

Our prayers are with you 🙏 

so hard and so sad.  We will pray that remission is possible again 🙏 

So sad.  My heart goes out to all of you 💔 

Thank you so much, Jacqui.  She's gone back onto the meds, we pray it helps her again. 

8 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

It was difficult, but my parents worked very hard tp give me as normal a childhood as possible. My mother never let us see how hard it was for her to miss out on things, but the wonderful lady, Mamie, who was her other caregiver and who took care of me, told us after my mother died, that she would often cry when my father and would leave for something she could not attend.  Such a situation makes you grow up fast.

DH and I had a small afternoon church wedding with family, including Mamie and the lady who was my mother's and my babysitter so my mother could attend.  Afterwards, there was a big reception for all the friends.  It was the first day of dove season.  All the wives and daughters were at the reception while the husbands and sons were out hunting.   Dove hunting was the only hunting my father did, but he missed it that year.

Lenda

So sad.  Your parents sound like they were wonderful parents and role models Lenda.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good evening all. Lots going on the Daily today. I wanted to thank all of you for your prayers for our close family member going through a difficult time. 

I have tried to climb mountains but most were figuratively.  I have done Tumamoc Hill, like @Nickelpenny, but it was years ago. I have played Mahjong with a high school girl friend but it was years ago too.  I treasure the girl friends I have and can count on them. 

Love the quote. Love the meal suggestion and order it whenever I can, even on a BHB. Olive Garden’s version is very good. I love the frozen version someone mentioned too but don’t buy it very often. 

Penny @Nickelpenny, I just realized that you might know my cousin. She worked for the Health Department and is retired, her name is Kim. Our mothers are sisters and are the closest to each other out of all 13 children. 

Have a good evening!

• Like 12

10 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Penny @Nickelpenny, I just realized that you might know my cousin. She worked for the Health Department and is retired, her name is Kim. Our mothers are sisters and are the closest to each other out of all 13 children. 

Who knows (I am horrible in remembering names).  I was in the South Office for almost 2 years but people were working from home or at the central emergency center in the beginning.  So I rarely saw anyone else except for other PHNs.  But I did work on some other projects were they needed a nurse. It is funny how compartmentalized the Health Department is.

• Like 1