Safety brief

chellencrette

On 8/1/2023 at 12:33 PM, Jamman54 said:

IMHO they shouldn't let anyone buy drinks until your muster is complete. That would solve that problem! :classic_cool:

9 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

You are allowed to buy one drink before muster is complete. Then no more until it's done.

(Delurking)

We combine those activities: grab a drink somewhere that is vaguely on the way to the muster station (perhaps Lobby Bar, or a Lido bar) - that way if it does take a while (and it hasn't the last few times - just a couple of minutes) at least we have a drink to enjoy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MMfan14 said:

Refresh my memory....do you need your S&S card at the muster drill?

Boarding pass works, especially since you don't get your card until you have cabin access.  Priority boarders will have their cards earlier.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pinklucky61 said:

Boarding pass works, especially since you don't get your card until you have cabin access.  Priority boarders will have their cards earlier.

True!  I was Platinum before the Restart so maybe I was getting my S&S card early.

19 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Well, you need your S&S card or your boarding pass because they scan them to show that you've done the muster.

You are correct but did you see what the question was that I answered? My reply was correct for that question. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2023 at 11:50 AM, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

On the Horizon, it took almost a half hour. 

They checked us in, and asked us to have a seat.  They waited until about 30 people were there before doing the demonstration on how to put on a life jacket.  The demonstration took over 5 minutes.  Then we had to wait for them to give us the green wristband (for kids 11 and under).

There were a few people waiting when we got there, and they said they had been waiting for a bit before we arrived.

We had boarded at 10:45, dropped off our carry ons in our suite, had lunch between 11 and 12, and arrived at muster just after noon.

So, don't count on it taking just a couple of minutes.

I bet you had some rookie team members following some sort of script to the letter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rcrabb1513 said:

I bet you had some rookie team members following some sort of script to the letter.

agreed, not saying the poster is wrong but done 10 cruises since they made the change and every single one of them was over in less than 10 minutes, most under 3.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

agreed, not saying the poster is wrong but done 10 cruises since they made the change and every single one of them was over in less than 10 minutes, most under 3.

Same here.  On the Celebration they asked us if we'd seen the life jacket presentation before and when we said yes they just scanned our boarding passes and we ran off to the bar! lol

On the Mardi Gras last month we did have to watch the demonstration but it took all of about 3 minutes!  And then we ran off to the bar! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, canes20 said:

You are correct but did you see what the question was that I answered? My reply was correct for that question. 

Yes, I saw the question and I know that the question is too limited so I provided the unasked part of the question.

On 8/2/2023 at 1:47 PM, Haljo1935 said:

Yes - they scan it to know you attended.

You DO NOT need your S & S card for muster drill. You DO NEED either the S & S card OR your boarding pass.

Your boarding pass will do most of the stuff your S & S card will do, EXCEPT get into your cabin.  

• Like 4

We sailed on Norwegian Encore last year and as soon as we stepped on the ship there were staff directing us to our muster station . (We had received S &S cards at check-in).  It was a very effiicient way of "gettin' 'er done" but it kinda spoiled that magical few moments when you first set foot on the ship.

Edited by simplelife
Added more

What I simply can't get through my head are the 'entitled 500' who procrastinate to the last possible moment after getting hollered at by the Cruise Director multiple times. Seriously? Some day we'll all be standing shoulder to shoulder again because of these knuckleheads.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1