Sold Out Sailing?

I'm just curious....

How can I find out if the sailing I'm on is sold out? I tried to do a mock booking but I basically just counted the cabins left but stopped after a few decks hoping there is an easier way.

So, IS there an easier way?

4 minutes ago, CruisingLover said:

I'm just curious....

How can I find out if the sailing I'm on is sold out? I tried to do a mock booking but I basically just counted the cabins left but stopped after a few decks hoping there is an easier way.

Call 1-866-562-7625. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CruisingLover said:

I'm just curious....

If you can book a room (i.e., mock booking), it is not sold out

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CruisingLover said:

I'm just curious....

Are you asking how to find out if a specific cabin category is sold out, or an entire sailing. A sold out sailing will not show up at all, but a sold out category can be very fluid (gone one day and back the next).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Are you asking how to find out if a specific cabin category is sold out, or an entire sailing. A sold out sailing will not show up at all, but a sold out category can be very fluid (gone one day and back the next).

The entire sailing. It's more of a curiosity thing because I see people comment like "My cruise is sold out how will I be able to move around..." type of questions. So I've just always wondered how they know it it sold out.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, CruisingLover said:

The entire sailing. It's more of a curiosity thing because I see people comment like "My cruise is sold out how will I be able to move around..." type of questions. So I've just always wondered how they know it it sold out.

Cruise ships routinely sail at more than 100% of listed capacity, and "sell out" primarily because of maxing out SOLAS lifeboat capacity rather than filling every cabin to its maximum rated occupancy. We haven't sailed on a "sold out" cruise since the restart in 2021, but routinely sail on ships that have 105-110% of rated passenger capacity onboard. None of those cruises ever felt crowded.

48 minutes ago, CruisingLover said:

I see people comment like "My cruise is sold out how will I be able to move around..." type of questions.

Most of the time they are talking about a single category (since you can move within a category at no charge). It's actually fairly rare for an entire sailing to be sold out till close to sailing. RCI likes playing games where they'll pull an entire sailing for "inventory management" (and people think it's sold out) but then the sailing comes right back.

• Like 1

It'd be really hard to do by mock booking because you'd have to do each quantity of people under each category. ie: 2 people, interior.  3 people interior, 4 people interior.  2 people ocean view...etc  That would take a while. I can tell my sailing has an oddly large amount or rooms showing still for only being 6 weeks away, BUT I assume  a lot of the interior rooms showing still will eventually disappear to GTY room reservations.