Price Increases on New Ship

Goldenco

Gosh, why limit yourself to the new ships when you can get amazing deals on older ships. Take a look at the ships sailing from L.A. to the west coast of Mexico. Right now you can book a November 2023 6-night cruise on Eclipse for $299 U.S. per person (++). 

Would you not buy a car from a car manufacturer because the new model they introduced is above your price range? 🤔

• Like 1

X pricing has gone up exponentially in the last year. Since we made our last booking in February the pricing for the identical cabin/amenities that we booked has increased over $1000 pp and there have been significant cutbacks and extra charges instituted. The cruise is still 7 months out with the ship less than 1/2 sold. This is on an S-class ship in the Caribbean. It has given us reason shop around elsewhere when previously, when booking a cruise we went to X as our go to cruise line. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CruisinBanka said:

New ships are always pricey. You will have just as good a time on the M and S Class ships. If you must have “the new ship smell”, MSC has some new ships for a lot less money than Celebrity. Happy sailing! 

Call me hokey , but my wife and I really enjoy walking on the promenade deck outside, this option does not exist on the edge class ships. ☹️

Prices in general are going up.  It is all about supply and demand.  Earlier this week I was looking at something for Aug 2024 on a popular route, limited runs on an S class.  I looked at it again today and it was 10% higher.  Made me glad that I had my TA put a hold on it on Monday for 5 days.....A quick email to him with the booking number and then a phone call with my CC number got me the old rate...phew. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, horseymike said:

Call me hokey , but my wife and I really enjoy walking on the promenade deck outside, this option does not exist on the edge class ships. ☹️

1 hour ago, horseymike said:

We also find it a lost pleasure on newer ships. We've always enjoyed the closer connection to the ocean on a true promenade deck. 

• Like 3

Pricing is always tricky when comparing. With the 75% 2nd person discount and so on and other options, it’s best to run through the entire booking to see the ‘real pricing’. And our TA always seems to come up with more discounting then what I see on line. 

The Edge itself is dropping in pricing as the other Edge Class ships become available and I agree we Love the S and M-Class ships. So not tied to the newer ones…..but you’ll notice I bit the bullet and booked the Ascent for its 4N Thanksgiving cruise which is one prior to its ‘official’ start. 

And yup, bookings are getting more expensive on All the Lines with cruising recovering…..but it’s not an ‘exponential’ increase, just more costly….which is expected. 

And for us, still much better than other options. 

Den

• Like 1