What to do if prices drop...

I've never really been concerned about it (maybe just to lazy), but on several cruises I've been informed of a possible price drop. My attitude has always been, "I'm already booked, why worry about it". I beginning to change my mind to seeing that saving a little on the cruise fare can stretch vacation budget and allow me to do somethings that I might not have done. I have a few question though....

1) How do you know that there has been a price drop? (Usually book online so no TA help) 

2) How do you get the lower price applied to your account?

3) Do it matter whether or not the booking has been paid in full at the time? 

1- you do a mock booking to get pricing.  Note: the cabin type has to be the same as your booking.

2- call RCI's reservation line.

3- whether or not it is paid in full has no bearing on the pricing, but it must be done before the final payment due date !

Note:  This is only for cruises booked under North American rules.  Other parts of the world may vary.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

1- you do a mock booking to get pricing.  Note: the cabin type has to be the same as your booking.

3- whether or not it is paid in full has no bearing on the pricing, but it must be done before the final payment due date !

Note:  This is only for cruises booked under North American rules.  Other parts of the world may vary.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, stevea36 said:

If you've already paid in full is the refund given as onboard credit? 

2 minutes ago, NoShoes2 said:

No, it should be a refund to the credit card used to pay.

Also, some TA sites might be easier to use than RCI's for quick price checks.

• Like 2

We saved $1000.00 on our transatlantic cruise for next April! On our cruise to Alaska next month we were able to upgrade to a grand suite at no cost  because it was priced lower than the amount we paid for our JS. However, the remaining price difference was not refunded back to us as we were doing this after final payment. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, HuntNnut said:

Search for your particular cruise date and ship. Choose your cabin category and click on (Watchlist). You will recieve an email every time the price changes.

You “should” receive an e-mail… I never get any.

• Like 1

Remember when checking for price drops check what amenities you already have and what are available on the new pricing.  If they are different, you will lose the one you have and get the new ones.  Make sure the price drop is worth it.  I have checked many price drops and I would lose so much if I changed my price.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, shippmates said:

Remember when checking for price drops check what amenities you already have and what are available on the new pricing.  If they are different, you will lose the one you have and get the new ones.  Make sure the price drop is worth it.  I have checked many price drops and I would lose so much if I changed my price.

Thank you!

I've been checking the prices on my booked cruise everyday. While I've seen numerous increases I noticed this morning that my cabin type seemed to be less. I called RCL and sure enough my cabin price had gone down, saved $350.00. Final payment is due tomorrow.

It's worth checking if you have the time.

• Like 3

On 8/4/2023 at 2:52 PM, NoShoes2 said:

No, they do not go this any more. After final

payment no price drops. You could upgrade to a better grade cabin instead. 
As of March 1, 2022

• Like 1

On 8/6/2023 at 6:57 PM, little britain said:

No, they do not go this any more. After final

payment no price drops. You could upgrade to a better grade cabin instead. 
As of March 1, 2022

Yes, I upgraded to a balcony from an inside and received £180 pp back to the credit card when the balcony cabins were reduced after final payment. The agent did say I would not have got the refund If I had booked a balcony originally