Dancing on the Stage...

32 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

In years past, they used to have a live band and encourage folks to come up and do some ballroom dancing on the stage.

So... what happened with that ?  I didn't see it on my last 10-day cruise in June.

When was the last time you remembered seeing that? And where was this live band, in the theater? What kind of show was it that included a live band? I don't ever remember seeing anything like that. 

16 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

In years past, they used to have a live band and encourage folks to come up and do some ballroom dancing on the stage.

Yes, I remember that!  It was really fun, waaay back in the old days lol - usually on a formal night, and they would have the Captain's Party or past guest party in the main theater with free drinks and apps.  The live band would play and I always loved seeing all the couples come up on stage to dance, and back then it truly was formal... tuxedos and long gowns.  Very cool.  Loved it.  Sadly no longer a thing.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, cruisin*tigger said:

Yes, I remember that!  It was really fun, waaay back in the old days lol - usually on a formal night, and they would have the Captain's Party or past guest party in the main theater with free drinks and apps.  The live band would play and I always loved seeing all the couples come up on stage to dance, and back then it truly was formal... tuxedos and long gowns.  Very cool.  Loved it.  Sadly no longer a thing.

Yes, exactly what I remember.  My last cruise was 2007.  That was a real fun night -- back when formal night was formal night where everyone dressed up -- Service members wore their dress uniforms.  I always thought that was a lot of fun.

37 minutes ago, cruisin*tigger said:

4 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Yes, exactly what I remember.  My last cruise was 2007.  That was a real fun night -- back when formal night was formal night where everyone dressed up -- Service members wore their dress uniforms.  I always thought that was a lot of fun.

We remember that as well. Unfortunately,  that's long gone, and probably will never return. 😎

They did this on my 10 day Journeys cruise on the Magic back in June out of Norfolk. It was listed as a Throwback to 1987 Captain's Gala. The Cruise Director, Captain, and other officers attended and made speeches. Drinks and canapes were served. It was held in the main theater and after the presentation, everyone was encouraged to come up and dance on the main stage to live swing and jazz style music. 

Edited by Sea Raven
  • Like 4

Only time I have seen that recently is when they have the Diamond/Platinum reception in the theatre.  And that has only been on our Journeys cruise where practically the entire ship was Platinum+ and the theatre was only place to hold that many. Music was provided by one of the entertainers that played around the ship. 

13 hours ago, ChuckF said:

Only time I have seen that recently is when they have the Diamond/Platinum reception in the theatre.  And that has only been on our Journeys cruise where practically the entire ship was Platinum+ and the theatre was only place to hold that many. Music was provided by one of the entertainers that played around the ship. 

This. We danced on stage during a relatively recent Journeys cruise when the D&P party was held in the main theater. I'm not recalling the exact cruise but it was certainly since the restart.

17 hours ago, Sea Raven said:

They did this on my 10 day Journeys cruise on the Magic back in June out of Norfolk. It was listed as a Throwback to 1987 Captain's Gala. The Cruise Director, Captain, and other officers attended and made speeches. Drinks and canapes were served. It was held in the main theater and after the presentation, everyone was encouraged to come up and dance on the main stage to live swing and jazz style music. 

6 minutes ago, jsglow said:

This. We danced on stage during a relatively recent Journeys cruise when the D&P party was held in the main theater. I'm not recalling the exact cruise but it was certainly since the restart.

Hasn't happened on any of our Journeys cruises, but we have another one coming up in September. It will be great if it does! 😀

14 minutes ago, jsglow said:

I never attend those anymore (they are rather pointless on all the cruiselines) so I may have missed when they did this within these events. 

On 8/6/2023 at 11:53 AM, cruisin*tigger said:

I also miss that.