Refreshment Package Question

My wife does not drink alcohol so I was looking at getting her the refreshment package for our upcoming cruise. She likes to drink hot chocolate at times on the cruise. Is this also included in the package? And would she be able to get milkshakes at Johnny Rockets with this package? Thanks for your input. 

21 minutes ago, Cruisefanatic71 said:

My wife does not drink alcohol so I was looking at getting her the refreshment package for our upcoming cruise. She likes to drink hot chocolate at times on the cruise. Is this also included in the package? And would she be able to get milkshakes at Johnny Rockets with this package? Thanks for your input. 

Yes you can call if you want the regular and she wants refreshment. There was hot chocolate at the cafe you can order. Ask for whipped creme if they dont add it. 

34 minutes ago, Cruisefanatic71 said:

Found this on Royal's website:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/beverage-packages

Cheers and happy cruising!!

29 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Yes you can call if you want the regular and she wants refreshment. There was hot chocolate at the cafe you can order. Ask for whipped creme if they dont add it.

Can they make it boozy like they do with the coffees

13 minutes ago, Miloomar said:

Can they make it boozy like they do with the coffees

If the udp pkg any drink up to $14. Idk if they do it as 2 or 1 drink, but shouldn't matter?

But refreshment pkg is no booze. Would need the UDP. Or vouchers etc. Cant order a alcohol drink with refreshment pkg. 

Just now, firefly333 said:

If the udp pkg any drink up to $14. Idk if they do it as 2 or 1 drink, but shouldn't matter?

But refreshment pkg is no booze. Would need the UDP. Or vouchers etc. Cant order a alcohol drink with refreshment pkg.

Oh i wasn't asking about anything to do with the drink package... i mean, if you look at the menu at cafe promenade you can see boozy coffee, but no mention of hot chocolate. I'm wondering if anyone has asked them to make a boozy hot chocolate before?

image.png.18d19328711c8081659c31bf3d0fd07d.png

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2023 at 9:27 AM, SilkySal said:

Found this on Royal's website:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/beverage-packages

Cheers and happy cruising!!

Does the "still water" mean bottled water?  Considering getting the refreshment package for our upcoming cruise - not interested in alcohol.  Also, assuming that both people in the cabin have to purchase the package or can just one of us purchase it?  On CCL, both have to buy beverage packages.

4 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

Does the "still water" mean bottled water?  Considering getting the refreshment package for our upcoming cruise - not interested in alcohol.  Also, assuming that both people in the cabin have to purchase the package or can just one of us purchase it?  On CCL, both have to buy beverage packages.

Yes, still and/or sparkling water will be in a bottle. The refreshment package includes all drinks (hot, cold, frozen, or smoothies from the Vitality spa); great package! Yes and no about packages; if one buys a Refreshment package, the other could just purchase the Soda package (I've done that).

6 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

So we would both have to purchase a drink package of some sort?  The web page doesn't say.

Neither of you "have to" purchase any drink packages but, if one purchases a package, I believe the other must purchase a package (I could wrong). If one purchases DX (with alcohol), the other must purchase the same, unless you call and can confirm a medical exemption. If one purchases the Refreshment package, the other either purchases the same or the Soda package. If one purchases the Soda package, I "believe" the other must purchase the same package (this is the one I'm not sure of). But neither person is required to purchase any drinks package and can just drink what is complimentary on board, such as water from the bar or WJ taps, and coffee, tea and lemonade from the WJ. Hope this helps!

Edited by SilkySal
add

3 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

I know we are NOT required to buy ANY drink packages.  I'm just asking if one of us purchases the Refreshment Package, does the other person have to purchase a drink package as well?

It is only the deluxe package where both have to purchase.

If getting the refreshment or soda there is no requirement for both guests to purchase. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LHARTWICK said:

I know we are NOT required to buy ANY drink packages.  I'm just asking if one of us purchases the Refreshment Package, does the other person have to purchase a drink package as well?

No

• Thanks 1

Can the person who has the refreshment package get more than one beverage at a time or is he/she limited to only one?  For instance, if my husband's name is on the refreshment package, can he get two bottles of water at a time or does he have to get one bottle then go back for the other?  If it's unlimited items, I would think it would be fine for just one person to purchase the package.  

4 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

Can the person who has the refreshment package get more than one beverage at a time or is he/she limited to only one?  For instance, if my husband's name is on the refreshment package, can he get two bottles of water at a time or does he have to get one bottle then go back for the other?  If it's unlimited items, I would think it would be fine for just one person to purchase the package.  

Following

7 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

Do you mean that only one of you gets the package but both of you drink off of it?  

Just now, LHARTWICK said:

Correct.

This is why other cruiselines require both people to pay for the package.  The package is priced for one person's unlimited beverages, not for two people's.  If you do what you're proposing, sure, you might get away with it, but it would be dishonest and eventually it would lead to the cruise line requiring everyone in the same cabin to buy the same drink package.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

There is no sharing of the package allowed.  If caught your package is cancelled and you are billed for your individual drinks.

• Like 2