Recent cruisers on Enchanted Princes

dickinson

Not looking for opinions but what people actually did.  How did men dress on "formal" nights?  We are trying to take carry on only on our upcoming Med cruise and dh is debating as to whether to take a sport coat.  He would LOVE to take it but might not have room so he wants to know how other men dressed.  If he were to wear a nice shirt with tie he does not want to be one of the few who are dressing down.  I have read that in general many people are being allowed in wearing shorts etc even on formal night.  

Please no opinions but just what was witnessed or what you wore. Thanks!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, dickinson said:

Not looking for opinions but what people actually did.  How did men dress on "formal" nights?  We are trying to take carry on only on our upcoming Med cruise and dh is debating as to whether to take a sport coat.  He would LOVE to take it but might not have room so he wants to know how other men dressed.  If he were to wear a nice shirt with tie he does not want to be one of the few who are dressing down.  I have read that in general many people are being allowed in wearing shorts etc even on formal night.  

Please no opinions but just what was witnessed or what you wore. Thanks!

Very few tuxedo’s, many wore a sport coat, some w and w/o a tie.

Almost as many wore a nice shirt and slacks with dress shoes.  Really mixed.

I did not see shorts on formal night on the Med Enchanted cruise.  

• Thanks 1

We were aboard in May and June. There were certainly plenty of men complying with the requested dress of tuxedo or dark suit but also plenty wearing what is requested on smart casual nights. I didn’t see any men wearing shorts in the dining room.

Edited by Torfamm
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Do you dress for others or dress for yourself? I love formal dressing! Husband and I just returned from EP the end of July, and he took a lovely dark suit to wear for both formal nights.  He changes his shirt and tie so the outfit looks a bit different in each of the photos.  He wore a sport coat a few times the other nights, but he thinks he did not need it as much as on other cruise lines or locations (it was scorching hot in Italy and Greece.). 

I always take two long gowns for formal nights, and we pose for all the photos.  He has to look proper and match me!  On Cunard cruises he always takes and wears a tuxedo. We have a great photo collection. We are never able to do carry-on as I like a different outfit every evening.

One reason I was a bit disappointed with Viking is many fellow passengers dressed like slobs, all times of the day.  We saw no men in shorts on EP formal nights. My next cruise is back on Cunard!

The days of people following a strict formal dress code are long gone that is, unless you choose to do so. The dress code on the Enchanted has bee relaxed to allow people to dine in comfort without having to lug along the extra clothing once required.

My DH wears a pair of black jeans with a Polo shirt on the last 6 Enchanted trips without any problem.

Enjoy.  

• Like 3

18 hours ago, LibertyBella said:

Do you dress for others or dress for yourself? I love formal dressing! Husband and I just returned from EP the end of July, and he took a lovely dark suit to wear for both formal nights.  He changes his shirt and tie so the outfit looks a bit different in each of the photos.  He wore a sport coat a few times the other nights, but he thinks he did not need it as much as on other cruise lines or locations (it was scorching hot in Italy and Greece.). 

I always take two long gowns for formal nights, and we pose for all the photos.  He has to look proper and match me!  On Cunard cruises he always takes and wears a tuxedo. We have a great photo collection. We are never able to do carry-on as I like a different outfit every evening.

One reason I was a bit disappointed with Viking is many fellow passengers dressed like slobs, all times of the day.  We saw no men in shorts on EP formal nights. My next cruise is back on Cunard!

you seem to be the perfect couple that P wants on 'formal night' ... to pose and take the pictures

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We spent 2 weeks onboard in July, and you can wear whatever and fit right in. People are so busy touring all day, that you see people running the full gamut from shorts and shirt to smart casual to suit to tux and feeling comfortable doing so. 

Edited by cruisequeen4ever
  • Like 2

We were on the Enchanted in June. Saw more tuxedos than I expected but also many in slacks and button down/polo shirts. We dressed up and enjoyed it. Also, noticed more dressed up on first formal night than second. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sboh said:

Also, noticed more dressed up on first formal night than second. 

That's true on the other ships as well. 

Given the option, most people would rather keep it on the casual side and as soon as they realize that dressing up is no longer a "requirement", they follow suit. 

• Like 1

My dh has decided he will wear a nice button down shirt with a tie and no jacket.  We are traveling far and are doing carry on only.  He would love to wear a jacket but has no room to pack it.  It is good to know he will be ok.

• Like 2

My husband always takes a tux or two, depending on length of cruise.  He says that he spends so much time in his overalls (at work) and dressing casually the rest of the time, that appreciates the opportunity to dress up for a cruise.  🥰  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dickinson said:

My dh has decided he will wear a nice button down shirt with a tie and no jacket.  We are traveling far and are doing carry on only.  He would love to wear a jacket but has no room to pack it.  It is good to know he will be ok.

You will both fit in fine.  You will see that Princess is much more casual on formal nights than many on CC would lead you to believe otherwise.  Have a great cruise and no worries.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anubi said:

My husband always takes a tux or two, depending on length of cruise.  He says that he spends so much time in his overalls (at work) and dressing casually the rest of the time, that appreciates the opportunity to dress up for a cruise.  🥰  

I love that your DH gets to wear a tux & my DH doesn't have to. It's one of the reasons we love Princess. ❤️ 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 1965 said:

I love that your DH gets to wear a tux & my DH doesn't have to. It's one of the reasons we love Princess. ❤️ 

Exactly.  Just because my husband does, doesn't mean everyone has to.  😊

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, 1965 said:

Having a choice has been a long time coming & now we're looking at other cruise lines. I suppose it won't make to much difference since most of them have similar dress codes anyway. 

7 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Having a choice has been a long time coming & now we're looking at other cruise lines. I suppose it won't make to much difference since most of them have similar dress codes anyway. 

Most cruise lines no longer have the ole Formal nite or dress code.

2 hours ago, Oxo said:

Most cruise lines no longer have the ole Formal nite or dress code.

Oh, and how I know it. Princess has been dragging their feet for years now when all the other lines had already changed.

They finally saw the writing on the wall & realized that the younger generation prefers a more casual atmosphere. 

Let the people decide how formal they prefer to make their dining experience. 

You can see by the design of their newer ship that there adding things to try & attract that younger crowd. 

I don’t think so. I think you should wear what you feel comfortable in. I do not think that Princess will turn their back on their older, loyal customers. Not for 1 minute do I think that. This would be so foolish on their part!  During these days of uncertainty and higher mortgages and much higher prices etc., sometimes only seniors can afford to cruise!

• Haha 1