PAYING for Pizza in Sorrento’s

16 minutes ago, bstreep said:

Oh, jeez.  Just boarded Radiance.  NO SORENTOS.  Pizza in buffet is atrocious.  I mean just terrible.  Balcony stateroom smells like poop, and there is no hot water.  The ship has seen better days.  

At this point, DO NOT jump overboard. I would tell you in most cases to take a deep breath and relax but the last deep breath you took in your balcony stateroom smells like poop. Maybe you should take a long hot shower to calm your nerves, NOT!   No hot water!  The ship "has seen better days."

Are you sure you are not on a Naval vessel?

🤣

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

At this point, DO NOT jump overboard. I would tell you in most cases to take a deep breath and relax but the last deep breath you took in your balcony stateroom smells like poop. Maybe you should take a long hot shower to calm your nerves, NOT!   No hot water!  The ship "has seen better days."

🤣

Sounds more like an Army barracks in the 1970s.  Glad those days are over.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Sounds more like an Army barracks in the 1970s.  Glad those days are over.

At Chanute AFB we had a pizza place on base. They would deliver pizza and RC cola to the barracks. We called the delivery guys pizza pop. The pizza was cold and the pop was warm. But at 9 o'clock at night it saved you walking to the chow hall and it still tasted good.

1 hour ago, bstreep said:

Oh, jeez.  Just boarded Radiance.  NO SORENTOS.  Pizza in buffet is atrocious.  I mean just terrible.  Balcony stateroom smells like poop, and there is no hot water.  The ship has seen better days.  

I assume buffet = Windjammer?

Park Cafe should also have pizza.  Maybe it's better there?

On 8/10/2023 at 10:44 AM, Jam0610 said:

Makes no difference to me, don't eat the stuff.

They keep raising prices an all inclusive resort in Cancun will take their place in our household.   

This right here.  The little taste of pizza that I had on board wasn't good, no way in hell would I pay extra for that.  My kids loved it, but they aren't a pizza snob like me and would probably eat cardboard with sauce and cheese on it if they could (until you revealed what it is) so there's that.  

I think it goes beyond pizza though.  People are tired of being nicked and dimed while the quality continues to go down, even for the things you are nicked and dimed over.

If they continue to raise prices and start adding an extra cost to things that were once included that I do care about, I will start heading back to those all inclusive resorts that I frequented many years ago.  There are so many to choose from, and they are equally competing with the cruise lines to get customers through their doors.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bstreep said:

Sorrento's didn't make an appearance until the Freedom class ships were built.

9 hours ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

🤣

I love the distinct scent of navy ships.

2 hours ago, CutiePie10 said:

If they continue to raise prices and start adding an extra cost to things that were once included that I do care about, I will start heading back to those all inclusive resorts that I frequented many years ago.  

Will those AI resorts be the same prices and quality as "many years ago"?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sorrento's didn't make an appearance until the Freedom class ships were built.

The dedicated Sorrento’s location yes, but didn’t they start offering the same pizza in places like the Cafe Promenade on Voyager class well before?  We’ve never been on a class smaller than Voyager so I don’t know if pizza is offered on Radiance or Vision classes?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

The dedicated Sorrento’s location yes, but didn’t they start offering the same pizza in places like the Cafe Promenade on Voyager class well before?  We’ve never been on a class smaller than Voyager so I don’t know if pizza is offered on Radiance or Vision classes?

Solarium Cafe has pizza on Radiance Class ships. 

Edited by Jimbo
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Yes, when Freedom was built they added Sorrentos and moved the pizza from the Cafe Promenade. It was a way to help relieve congestion at the Cafe and spread people out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, when Freedom was built they added Sorrentos and moved the pizza from the Cafe Promenade. It was a way to help relieve congestion at the Cafe and spread people out.

Keeping the pizza not that good also  cuts down on the crowd. I'm sure Royal has thought this through. 😉

31 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Keeping the pizza not that good also  cuts down on the crowd. I'm sure Royal has thought this through. 😉

If they really want to cut down on pizza consumption they should close all the bars. That will get rid of the crowds. See, they didn't think things through far enough.😉

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

If they really want to cut down on pizza consumption they should close all the bars. That will get rid of the crowds. See, they didn't think things through far enough.😉

42 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Alcohol free cruises is the answer.

Gentlemen!

Stop that crazy talk immediately or I will be forced to report these posts to CC admins pronto.

🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

MSC is charging for entrees after the first, Carnival is charging for entrees after the second.

I know you know this, and not being snarky or anything but charging for a second or third entrée is way different  than simply saying some cruise lines are charging to eat in the main dining room

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I know you know this, and not being snarky or anything but charging for a second or third entrée is way different  than simply saying some cruise lines are charging to eat in the main dining room

I agree completely, it is however an example

of the changing economic environment as compared to what we all feel is “traditional”

44 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:
1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

MSC is charging for entrees after the first, Carnival is charging for entrees after the second.

.....If this is the criteria to say cruiselines are charging to eat in the main dining room then Royal charges to eat in the main dining room also .

Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I never said they weren’t; I was just answering someone’s question. 

Your answer seemed to be answering a different question altogether "some Lines are charging to eat more than one entrée in Main Dining" not the original statement 'some Lines are charging to eat in Main Dining".  Two very different things.  The original statement implied charging something akin to specialty dining just to eat anything in the MDR.