PAYING for Pizza in Sorrento’s

The latest idea from the accountants in Miami…..

Come on man !

How about a €1 fee for bathroom access outside of  your stateroom….thought of that yet…

Maybe Toilet Paper surcharge after the first roll….. 

How about a 1 or 3 night towel animal fee…..

rubbish…..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just so no one is confused, this is in reference to a question being asked on a recent survey about willingness to pay for Sorrento's.

Sorrento's currently remains free.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 7

Got a survey today, mostly about food.  Asked me if I would pay for Sorrentos pizza.  Hell no was not one of the choices, had to settle for NO.  Asked me if I would still sail RCI if there were charges for pizza.  Told them I have no trouble ignoring Sorrentos, would be amused to see people paying for that stuff.

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

It's not even very good pizza. Carnival has their white pizza. All their pizza is hand made individual pizzas. I know there will be a few who say rcl pizza is fine, or they like it .. not up to my standards. I eat it once in a while because it's free. I sure wouldnt pay for it. Not how it is now. 

Carnival eats their lunch for fast food already. Let's bury rcl lol. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Um no. I don’t buy cardboard pizza from the grocery store. Why on earth would I buy it from RCI? 😂 

C’mon, RCI. Let’s not get ridiculous over mediocre choices.  

Is RCI in that much financial distress? 

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

RCI already trails the competition by a country mile when it comes to "free" food and snacks when the MDR and Windjammer are closed.  It's pretty much just Sorrento's in most cases.  So yes, let's start charging for mediocre pizza too. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, moposh said:

I don't eat it now when it's free.  It's not good.

Impossibly, it's better than it used to be when we first cruised on Royal in 2009.  

Edited by BND
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, BND said:

Impossibly, it's better than it used to be when we first cruised on Royal in 2009. 

It was actually fine on Wonder in June but I'm not picky. Unusually crispy. Served its purpose as usual.

• Like 3

Royal seems to be trying really hard to ruin their business. 
Between watered down meals, reduced cabin service, cutting most specialty dining food servings in half and all their other cutbacks, I’m about done with Royal. 
I’ve got one more cruise booked (Panama Canal in Oct) and I think it will be my last. (I know - nobody cares - just sayin). 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

I, personally, don’t eat Sorrento’s very often. But, several in my family do. It’s a little tradition to swing by late night on our way back to the room.

-one of the few late night food options 

-it’s a gluten free option (hot food) for many

-it’s a simple treat for children and teens while on vacation (Yes, you can have a slice of pizza; yes, you can have an ice cream cone. It’s free/included)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I understand that food is subjective so the pizza is not up to everyone's standard (I'm from NY so I definitely know good pizza). But I think that most can agree that there is always a line for Sorrento's especially later in the evening so clearly there is demand for it. Adding a fee to it is pretty crappy in my opinion, as it's the only late night option available.

And yes I eat it every time I cruise!

Edited by ReRe71
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, Mom*3 said:

I, personally, don’t eat Sorrento’s very often. But, several in my family do. It’s a little tradition to swing by late night on our way back to the room.

-one of the few late night food options 

-it’s a gluten free option (hot food) for many

-it’s a simple treat for children and teens while on vacation (Yes, you can have a slice of pizza; yes, you can have an ice cream cone. It’s free/included)

I’ve seen some very long lines at Sorrentos late at night when people are heading back from the bars. Anything tastes good in that state, and most probably wouldn’t have a problem paying a buck or two. Those days are long gone for me, so it’s a hard no, even though I agree the pizza is much improved from years ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bead Pirate said:

I'm in on paying for the pizza. $5 bucks and order what you want.

Will stop all of the kids from ordering 8 slices, eating 3 and leaving 5 on the table...

Well they could say "you have to eat what's in front of you before you get more--1 piece at a time."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pretty sure Princess just started charging for their pizza location onboard, so Royal is probably feeling out charging as well.  In my opinion Royal’s pizza is nowhere good enough to start charging for.  I’ll eat it if I’m hungry and there aren’t other good options available but I don’t crave it or anything that’s for sure.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Just so no one is confused, this is in reference to a question being asked on a recent survey about willingness to pay for Sorrento's.

Posting this again so everyone understands.......

Listen to Mike -

It was simply a question on a survey sent to some cruisers. 

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Posting this again so everyone understands.......

Listen to Mike -

It was a question on a survey sent to some cruisers. 

But to be clear, most everything on previous food surveys has become policy. 

Once a day stateroom service was at one time a survey question. 

One lobster tail in the MDR gratis was once a survey question. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1