can I bring my own water?

mcatmcat

1 hour ago, Mr. Click said:

You are not alone.  On our recent cruise out of NJ we flew in the night before and did not have a chance to pick up a case but I did see any number of cases of water being delivered with luggage on day 1.

Wait, delivered as in luggage tagged and delivered to your room without carrying it on yourself?

I was told  by a physician that ankles and fingers swell is due to the increased humidity and change in atmospheric pressure when visiting  Florida.  It happens to me all the time when I visit Florida, especially in the Winter months.  Has nothing to do with the hotel's or ship's water.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Wait, delivered as in luggage tagged and delivered to your room without carrying it on yourself?

That is correct.  I have done it is various ports around the world.  Just make sure your case is good and strong.  Worst scenario is you lose a few bucks if the case is lost but so far every time I have tried it it has worked just fine.

1 hour ago, keesar said:

I was told  by a physician that ankles and fingers swell is due to the increased humidity and change in atmospheric pressure when visiting  Florida.  It happens to me all the time when I visit Florida, especially in the Winter months.  Has nothing to do with the hotel's or ship's water.    

While I did not go to medical school I have spent some nights at a holiday inn express....but seriously this is not a problem for us just in Florida. It has been a problem all over the world so my wife has chosen to just avoid drinking the ship's water.  Her choice.

• Thanks 1

I like that X allows you to bring on water. On NCL, we buy their boxed water package.

We drink bottled water mostly for the taste. I compare this to those who prefer the taste of one beer over another. It's a taste thing.

My understanding is the ship's water is perfectly safe, but it is chlorinated. The water at restaurants and bars is carbon filtered, but the water in the cabin is not, so the chlorine taste is present in it.

7 hours ago, Mr. Click said:

That is correct.  I have done it is various ports around the world.  Just make sure your case is good and strong.  Worst scenario is you lose a few bucks if the case is lost but so far every time I have tried it it has worked just fine.

Are you doing like a 12 pack or 24 pack from a grocery store, the kind this is plastic wrapped?  

10 hours ago, keesar said:

in your case , but not the same for everyone, I live in Florida It does not affect me that way.

11 hours ago, keesar said:

change in atmospheric pressure when visiting  Florida.  

I'm not a meteorologist (and don't play one on TV), but given the fact that Rhode Island and Florida are basically at sea level, I question their reasoning.

There are medical scenarios where distilled water is required. The goal is to have the least likelihood of any contaminants. Desalinized water on a cruise ship is perfectly fine for drinking, but not ideal for some other purposes.

When we don't have a drink package, we carry on our limit of bottles of water primarily to have a supply of water bottles to take ashore. To me it tastes better than water from the tap, but I don't mind drinking tap if I need to.

we bring on 4  of the Fiji  or bottled waters we prefer...buy others as we go.. we bring refillable thermos lined trvl btls  with clips for excursions and our mini brita pitcher. 

We put it in our carry on wheelies 

we dislike the taste of what X has given us in AQ lately,  but we'll find out when we cruise.. Not sure if bad taste is the prodict or the containers